PDA

View Full Version : gt thunder xc a-arm review

KFX450Rrider490
10-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Well about a month ago i ordered a set of gt thunder a-arms off a guy on kfx hq they were a great deal and i needed a-arms well at least 1

now a good month later i finally got them bolted up and they are a half inch longer than stock so i gained a little more wheelbase also they are a little lighter than stock so thats al ways nice

now for the actuall ride review i havent played with shocks at all yet but (this sunday i will) you can tell the front tires have more traction the slight push is gone
the front brake twitch along with highspeed flicking just about disappeared
the only problem is that the front end will "dive" into corners i know thats just the shocks but i realy dont know how to fix it because rides softer and id like to leave it that way so ive gotta play around with it a little bit

but for 275 i think it was the best investment i put into this quad yet!

in a few days ill add to this and mabe change a little because ive only got 3 hrs on them so far but i cant be happier! so if you re in the market for lt xc a-arms give gt thunder a call they know there stuff!

coryatver
10-23-2009, 08:35 PM
You should send gtthunder your shocks and tell him to valve them and set them up for the a-arms. I got gt thunder +1 a-arms on my 450r they work awesome. I got some offset hipers to narrow it back up but the wider a-arms definitly took away a lot of bump steer.

MtnEX
10-23-2009, 10:43 PM
OK, so I am confused...

Are the arms +1 forward?
(you said wheelbase)

Or is your front an inch or two wider?

Stiffen up the compression some.
It will stop the brake dive, but does not hurt the ride quality a lot.... provided you are in the right neighborhood on the rebound.

These shocks seem to change a lot more performance-wise to changes in rebound than compression. Why I am not sure.

KFX450Rrider490
10-24-2009, 10:12 AM
im sorry if i was confusing but i meant that they are .5" longer on each side so 1" total and as far as moving the uppers forward i realy dont know if it has changed ill find out later

and mtnex ill try the compression adjustment tomarrow i just havent had time to play with them yet but i will try that first

MtnEX
10-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Cool man... this is good stuff.