MI

Rd 11
August 14-15
Loretta Lynn Ranch
Hurricane Mills
TN

Logan #34's Dad
10-24-2009, 01:00 AM
WOW, Clear over to Minnesota. One more I'll cross off the list. After reviewing the schedule - I have to ask myself - WHY? Lots of MONEY, time off, etc. for an 8X11 piece of paper. I ask myself, am I going for MY ego? Or just to say my kid rides better than yours and my mechanical skills are better. Debating on doing this all over again. Sorry for being hateful. Just being real.
Also, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th in the ATVA 70CVT class and some high placing 90cc riders all come from our local races. :rolleyes:

tyler70t
10-24-2009, 05:46 AM
Gary,
Will you be coming to any of the Pa races? I have to wait for our local schedules to come out but Tyler says he wants to hit some of the Nationals next season, but just like all the responses on the threads we will only to be able to hit the locals and only if they don't conflict with the local series that he'll be running. I do want to plan a family vacation to Tennessee in August though!......Jeff

zach R 7x
10-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
[ Debating on doing this all over again. Sorry for being hateful. Just being real.
Also, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th in the ATVA 70CVT class and some high placing 90cc riders all come from our local races. :rolleyes: [/B]

Rocky, totally agree with ya! we won't be making that race either. we are really thinking of running some of the closer ones and maybe running the pamx series and some CRA races thrown in . i checked and for me the furthest race in pa is 5-6 hrs ,most of the nationals are at least 8 to 12 hrs and alot of fuel and money ! but the nationals are addictive ,so we will see when the time comes. i am a firm believer of never say never !

Logan #34's Dad
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, unfortunately I did the math! Just for us to show up at ALL 11 races it would cost almost $6500.00. That's not counting rv maintenance, food, QUAD maintenance either.
Again, is it really worth it? We got our 8x11 piece of paper the other day. Woohoo!
Is it bragging rights for we Dad's? Logan truely loves it but I for one will never be able to keep up with the" Jones's" long enough for him to become a pro. So why bother?
We have better races here at home! And I have the same passion for winning here as I do there. It would be different if the CRA riders sucked but anyone can win any race.

quad59
10-25-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm not trying to judge anybody or rustle any feathers but I think if your racing mx as an amatuer at any level for any reason other than having fun your wasting time. You complain about only getting an 8x11 piece of paper what did you expect to get? It's all for fun enjoy your time with friends and family and be thankfull you can make it to any races.

Logan #34's Dad
10-25-2009, 05:30 PM
That all sounds good but 95% of the national parents get caught up in this snowball effect of wanting to beat the other guy. They may not admit it but that it the "addicting" part. Family time is good except the family gets left on there own while we dads wrench and freak out when something does not go as planned. To much invested equals not much fun. That's how it is on the top national level. Guaranteed. Just ask most wives.

zach R 7x
10-25-2009, 06:25 PM
thats a great point Rocky, that last malvern race that we were at was real competitive . if the CRA would figure out to make the races 2 day events instead of 3 races in one weekend at 3 different tracks the #s would be much higher and the competition would be great . if we got 12-15 kids on a gate like that nite ,i would stay local.it is alot more fun with a full gate than 5 on a gate. that's all i am looking for.this is not a family sport for us, my wife can not take off work, for 2 days ,it is hard enough for me to do it . my wife supports what we do because my son loves it and she comes to watch when we race locally.

the plaques don't mean much to Zach any more, we have plaques from cra that are far nicer than the national plaques ,and cost a whole hell alot less to get. so if it.s the hardware you are after ,stay local.jmo

to me i spend the money because my son loves it ,and he is a competitive rider,and he amazes me everytime he rides. with that being said i also have 2 other kids, that have talents. it is very hard for us to balance $ for all there sports and hobbies .

we will more than likely make the decision if we will race on a weekly basis ,just like we did last season.

QuadJunkies
10-25-2009, 07:50 PM
Thats a busy schedule!

We averaged 1500.00 PER round the last couple years of the WORCS series- that didnt include parts or the odds and ends that were needed before we left town.

I can only speak for me and my family but in all honesty... we go because of the people! My kids have made great freinds as well and Troy and I over the years and look forward to that as much as the racing.
We also come from an area that there is no racing, so this is my kids way of not only gettting to race with kids thre own ages, but also seeing exactly where they fit in- in the competition.
Sure, trophies are cool and I do feel they are important ,but its not prioritiy.
Dad spending time wrenching- TOTALLY understand that! :p Brandon has sloooo many breakdowns and it SUCKED. That is one thing I am glad about is moving out of minis .. lol
But Troy and I both end up doing alot of work over the weekend and try to find some kind of balance.
Beating the other kid?? Could care less... FINISHING is most important and in one piece preferably! lol
A little added sportsmanship from kids and parents is always good! We do it for reason I guess others dont. Memories to last a lifetime is one of the biggest. They grow up so fast... :(

If someone was to ask us if we REALLY thought it all was worth it all

We would do it all over again. ;)

zach R 7x
10-25-2009, 08:22 PM
the bottom line of it for Rocky and i ,we have good competition here in ohio . it is getting harder and harder to justify the cost that it takes to run at the national level.

my son really likes the nats., but i see the same smile on his face if we run at lorettas or if we run at malven mx track in ohio. what i see is the stuff that surrounds the races ,a whole weekend of being with kids that all have one thing in common .

if our locals ran this format ,i would not even go to the nats., in the cra they will run 3-4 races a weekend at the same number of tracks,so if you want to run for the championship, you race fri,sat,sun, at 3 diffrent tracks,just plain stupid! we did this in 07 to win the championship for the 70 class.
thats why we decided to run the nats,thought it would be cheaper or at least the same,not even close!

QuadJunkies
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Ya'll are lucky.. we dont have any racing in our state anymore. :(
We raced for a few years locally, but its always the same peeps over and over ,now there isnt any racing at all.
We like when we go to a new track in a new state and see the new competition. Also the travel gives the kids new places to see.
The only thing thats getting harder as they get older is travel and school. Grades are #1 and we take school with us ,but now that Kelsey is in High achool things are different on attendance.

dericsdad
10-25-2009, 08:38 PM
We have been racing mini's for 4 years now. only local series stuff.

We DREAM about being able to run nationals!

$1500.00 a weekend is completely out of the question for us, but
on our level and with our budget it is just as hard to get to every race for our series. We have to run used parts and go without the new ones we need just to have enough money for gas and entrance fee's most weekends.

But we do what we have to for ONE thing! OUR KIDS!

I am glad the Nat's are coming to MN! That track is only just a little over an hour from us! We have been wanting to go to a national race for over 2 years, and now we can!

This gives more riders a chance to race the Nats.

It's tough for all of us these days!!! But just remember why you do it, FOR FUN! And lots of great memories!

Dan McConnell & Family

QuadJunkies
10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by dericsdad
We have been racing mini's for 4 years now. only local series stuff.

We DREAM about being able to run nationals!

$1500.00 a weekend is completely out of the question for us, but
on our level and with our budget it is just as hard to get to every race for our series. We have to run used parts and go without the new ones we need just to have enough money for gas and entrance fee's most weekends.

But we do what we have to for ONE thing! OUR KIDS!

I am glad the Nat's are coming to MN! That track is only just a little over an hour from us! We have been wanting to go to a national race for over 2 years, and now we can!

This gives more riders a chance to race the Nats.

It's tough for all of us these days!!! But just remember why you do it, FOR FUN! And lots of great memories!

Dan McConnell & Family

Most of our races average anywhere from 9 hours to 17 hours one way drive for us. I truly wish we didnt have to go so far but not much choice there. It is tough when you go so far and then end up with a DNF. We have 4 in our family and 2 that race so it does add up quick for motels ,food race entries ect..
Glad you have the opportunity to hit a Nat. next season!

Sure makes it alot nicer when they are close to home! :D

mini racer #39
10-25-2009, 10:17 PM
If someone was to ask us if we REALLY thought it all was worth it all

We would do it all over again.

AMEN....Couldn't have said it better myself. Who knows how many races any of us are going to make...$$$ is an issue with almost everyone this year. Go to as many as possible and have a great time...We go for the racing and (Harper of course too...lol)...Erik loves to travel and see different things. We usually try to stop somewhere educational, so when he goes back to school he can tell the class about it. Teachers love it...Not many kids can say that they have been everywhere from New York to Texas, and have all the memories of all the places in between.:D

zach R 7x
10-26-2009, 03:43 AM
this is what my son learned along the national season;

1.it's ok to skip school ,when it 's for racing .

2.it's ok to go 80mph at night, because you need to get to the track before the gate closes and you are stuck setting up camp fri morning ,when you need to work on the quad before practice ,because you did not have time during the week ,when you have to work all the overtime you can get to pay for racing.

3. it's ok to miss family events because there is a national race that weekend.

4. his list of chores are getting longer every week,because DAD has to work a side job to pay for the new $1500 motor ,$400 dollar clutch set up ,just to stay in the top ten.

5. my son also learned that we now have leverage on him ,"do this or you don't race " ,was said alot this year!

quad59
10-26-2009, 05:33 AM
I'm glad to hear most people do it for the memories. Our kids just started racing and the wife and I raced C.R.A for points in 07 and alittle bit in 08. We went to one national last year without the kids just to see what it was all about. It will just never be something we will do for points. When the kids get to be better riders I can see doing one combined as a family vacation but they are happy just to get to ride. All of you in C.R.A I understand the the complaints about three races a weekend, in 07 we raced all three in the weekend alot of times. I think instead of a two day schedule each track can run its own series and once maybe twice a month a track will have a points paying race. Either that or only have your top 18-20 races count instead or your top 35.
Oh yea if you ask me if the wife and I would do it all over again, heck yeah best time of our lives racing and sleeping in the truck. Even with the artificial heel,acl replacement,bruised kidneys,pins in the tibia..:D

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Can the race community get a voice and perhaps make it a regional "amateur" series with all riders finishing together for a finals at Loretta's?

Something like that? I am sure there are a ton of details that wouldn't allow this, but it would be nice to be able to get to more events and meet everyone that makes the sport tick...

Anything to keep the cost down while maintaing "bragging rights" :)

It sure would build up that last race for some fun!!

quad59
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Thats about impossible with the AMA involved. Our local district went no quads then they went belly up. Plus then it would be like the bikes trying to qualify for lorettas. How many regionals would you hit in an effort to make it to the big show? Nothing against nationals at all, I think they are awesome I just personally dont feel like spending that kinda cash at this point in time.

Coley'sdad#8
10-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Gary you mean like taking the top (i.e.) 10 riders from an area and having loretta's as the superbowl?
That would be cool but just think about how much pie that would take away from the promoters. I have many friends here that are on 2 wheels and it is crazy some of the places they have to go to qualify for loretta's.

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't think any system would be perfect...it would be nice to minimize the travel "time and costs" so more riders could participate.

national #9
10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I agree some sort of regional series should be set up for the riders, split the country into 4 regions, with loretta's being the final. It has worked for the bikes for years, so why do we still let the promotors tell us this is the only way it can be done. Our family has been running nationals for many years, until it has almost put us in the poor house. this year we are going back to where it was fun, run a few close nationals, and then run the kids on quads supercross series in Michigan. Tom at kids on quads used to run all of the Michigan racing, and has stepped back into it for 2010, and has all ready secured a number of tracks to run. We used to have fun at his races, and I understand a number of national riders will be hitting his series, so the competition should be pretty good.

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I rec'd an email about splitting the series into a North and South...

The idea was good so I thought about it a little..

What if:

You have 5 North (PA, MN,IL,NY,MI) and 5 South(TN,VA,KY,AL,PA) races and Loretta's is double points

Count 6 races(the email wanted u to race 2 in the other regio for a total of 8 --as it is now)

Any thoughts on this?

No qualifying to go to Loretta's but it is a double points race (just an idea)

Would this drop participation in the eyes of the ATVA (since you only count 6 instead of 8 races in total)or increase it regionally since more riders have a chance for a regional title??

Just having fun with the idea...but I really think a regional plan would be great!!

mini racer #39
10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
I would love to see a north vs south series but make KY a mandatory race for all, that way everyone is together twice a year so you know were you stand and take the top 12 in each class to Loretta's and run a qualifier to decide a national champion. I think all of the tracks would have good turn outs and the season finally would be awesome. It makes good financial sense to me... but how do we convince the promoters?
Jerry Havert

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I like it...How about Pell City? First and Last Race together?

We can only dream :)

mini racer #39
10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
We will always go to Alabama just for the weather after being up north all winter but KY is centrally located for almost everyone. It would need to be the middle of the season race because by then the quads are usually figured out by everybody or beyond help!!!

10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
I would love to see a north vs south series but make KY a mandatory race for all, that way everyone is together twice a year so you know were you stand and take the top 12 in each class to Loretta's and run a qualifier to decide a national champion. I think all of the tracks would have good turn outs and the season finally would be awesome. It makes good financial sense to me... but how do we convince the promoters?
Jerry Havert

Really why dont east meet west. I think the east would eat the west or m I wrong? I have no clue but east coast comes out with new stuff first I believe. If im wrong someone please step in. Why dont the mx racer race the worcs people. Show them whos best east or west???? JMO!!!! Dont go blowing off steam at me cause REMEMBER JMO!!!!!

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I'm cool with Kentucky....all good points you have

mini racer #39
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
North vs South is just the ATV MX Series but we would also like to race the talent from the WORC Series , maybe meet in Missouri. Always open to new ideas and new levels of competition.
Jerry

raidernut
10-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Really why dont east meet west. I think the east would eat the west or m I wrong? I have no clue but east coast comes out with new stuff first I believe. If im wrong someone please step in. Why dont the mx racer race the worcs people. Show them whos best east or west???? JMO!!!! Dont go blowing off steam at me cause REMEMBER JMO!!!!!

Cheeseman-

First off, whoever comes out with stuff first has absolutely nothing to do with the kids racing, and we come up with plenty of new stuff on the west, we just keep it out here and dont constantly cram it down everyones throat on the forums.
And i do believe that these folks in this post are trying to come up with a cost effective method of doing National Racing. I dont think your east meet west theory would hardly be beneficial to these guys ideas. Your statement " I think the east would eat the west" comment is kind of interesting as well. Just curious as to how many WORCS or ATVA nationals you have attended to come up this theory. Gary you guys are coming up with some great ideas, with some backing and people behind you it could work, why not? JMO!

zach R 7x
10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
i love the idea of the regional series . this would make lorettas twice as much fun.
plus save me alot of money,so i am all for it!

10-26-2009, 05:52 PM
AGAIN MOUTH I SAID I DONT KNOW READ IT AGAIN!!!!! I said jmo so if you don't like GET OVER IT!!!:blah: :blah: :blah:

TTracer#22
10-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Toby,

Why dont you make plans to send your new build out here to the West Coast for the first round of the WORCS Series in January I would be happy to take it to the races and you can work out of my trailer you guys can catch a flight right into Phoenix,Az The 90cc Class only runs 2 40 min moto's on Saturday.

Coley'sdad#8
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Gary, you ran 2 wheels in the 80's from our conversations and we were both in FL. I didn't really keep up with the 2 wheelers back then because I was on 3s and 4s but didn't they qualify the top few from some of the spring or summer series to go to loretta's back then????? we used to run, Cocoa, Orange co. Daytona, dade City, Reddick, Hieleah, and a track in Ga. i forget the name, That would be a cool way to do the quads also to minimize the travel. certain tracks were points qualifiers if I remember correct.
HOW ABOUT OLE VINCE DEVANE IS HE STILL RIDING????

mini racer #39
10-26-2009, 06:29 PM
I know we ran out of bike upgrade money halfway through the season. With a split series and lower fuel bills just imagine how much better & faster our kids quads could be if the dads had the extra $$$$ or even run 1 or 2 more races they may have missed. Its a real good idea Gary for northern and southern racers even Harper out in Texas. as far as new stuff...east vs west ...north vs south all of our motors are built by WRH, Snyder, Tommy Allie, Wiley, Justin, Mark. I think all our stuff is pretty close . DC, JB ATV Fourplay are the top 3 in suspension up here. I'm not sure about the WORC's series, I've not been to one yet maybe next year.
Jerry

Ryko racing
10-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I have recieved a fax with a prposal for the 2010 series that splits the series but handles all the objections but i do not know how to get it to atvriders.com

give me an email address to someone that can post this idea for us all to look at.

10-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Im not in no means trying to argue anything because I DONT KNOW!!! Thats why I put I dont know please dont take it as you are "I am asking who would eat who?? Not east would eat west or west eat east who would. Im asking? Both great riders so I dont know!!!

Coley'sdad#8
10-26-2009, 06:56 PM
TOBY,
Your in the middle of the U.S.A. you don't have to choose sides, just sit back, see who's fastest and then team up with them:D
it's an ole indian trick my granddad taught me:p

bulldogfallon
10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Ryko racing
I have recieved a fax with a prposal for the 2010 series that splits the series but handles all the objections but i do not know how to get it to atvriders.com

give me an email address to someone that can post this idea for us all to look at.

This is where I got the idea....It did mention that you would still have to go to 2 races in the other region, which means 8 races in total....which is the same as it is today I believe?

So it was a great inspiration I think our collective ideas made it better....

raidernut
10-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
I know we ran out of bike upgrade money halfway through the season. With a split series and lower fuel bills just imagine how much better & faster our kids quads could be if the dads had the extra $$$$ or even run 1 or 2 more races they may have missed. Its a real good idea Gary for northern and southern racers even Harper out in Texas. as far as new stuff...east vs west ...north vs south all of our motors are built by WRH, Snyder, Tommy Allie, Wiley, Justin, Mark. I think all our stuff is pretty close . DC, JB ATV Fourplay are the top 3 in suspension up here. I'm not sure about the WORC's series, I've not been to one yet maybe next year.
Jerry

Yes Jerry we run all the same stuff you guys do out here, and we run out of money halfway through just the same as you guys!1:( :(

mini racer #39
10-26-2009, 07:08 PM
I know that there was a lot of car-pooling last year, pot luck dinners, etc. to save money for the long trips.Hopefully we can all get back together this year...I am also in the Middle of the U.S.(Indiana) but our team mates are from Texas and PA.I guess one of us would have to pick sides. Ryko I have no idea how t o post what you have but would realllly like to see it, please.
Jerry :D

mxdad423
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Jerry and Gary, you got my vote, I would love to see something like this, the way it is now, it is just impossible with my job for Brandon and I to do the nat's not to mention the money part of it. Lets face it, just about all of us have the money issues with the way everything is, this would make it alot easier for all of us and would give alot of tallented kids the oppritunity to compete at a national level, there are alot of tallented kids out there that don't get to go to the nat's because of the drives and costs. Not to mention the way things are looking up here we will be lucky to even have a series to race next year, up this way if you are on 4 wheels instead of 2 wheels you get treated like a red headed step child, and after this year those that dissagreed with me last year I think will agree with me now. It would be nice to get to race with our IN and Tx teamates more often and this would be the way to make it happen. Show me where to sign my name, Brandon and I are in.

Kevin Smitley

dericsdad
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
:D :D :D :D

I just can't wait to finally get to a national with Deric next year!

We could also make the Buchanon Mi and Walnut IL races if we really saved up...

I'll be trying to get ahold of some of you for pointers before next season!

Dan

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Guys, the fax Gary referred to was sent by Troy Szymborski with an idea about a split schedule. We have come up with a plan that
covers every post we have seen including 3 races combined for the schedule.

a racer would be able to race 6 nationals and if he did well he would still be in the hunt for the championship at Lorettas.

Basically you would have to do better than the others in your class at lorettas to decide it.

We are trying to post the revised edition today, please review it.
we also have sent it to the promoters group but i dont think they will do anything unless the let them know how truly dire the situation is this year.

This edition covers pretty much everything, lets not post until we read it over.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Once we get a finalized cppy I can reach out to my customers via email and ask them to get involved....

If all of us do this then maybe we can make a change.

Maybe some of us dealers can play a bigger role in promoting to help ensure the gates are filled?

Also---at some point I think it would be great to add a 6 to 8 cvt class for the DRR/Apex kids....

Keeps the younger kids learning at a safer pace and enables them to keep their confidence level up since they wouldn't have to run against the older faster 70cc pilots.

I believe they already offer this in one of the NE Districts with great success.

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 07:04 AM
i cannot copy and paste the revision but if anyone wants to do it for me give me a fax # and i will send it immediately.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 07:06 AM
561-537-7067 fax

TTracer#22
10-27-2009, 07:14 AM
I hope this all works out for you guys I don't think the west coast could be involved in this. None of our series are goverened by AMA or ATVA.

EthansDad
10-27-2009, 07:20 AM
Wow, some excellent points by all here. One of the things we (GA/AL folks) suffer from is lack of a regional series with any competition, which sounds like that happens in other areas as well. If the ATVA MX Nats where split into north/south I could see it driving more regional action, which ultimately is what we want.

I have to say, if we had a local series like FL or OH, we'd really be thinking twice about doing the nationals, but as it stands if we want our kid to get any competition, we have to drive. for that matter, I had to enter my son's Jr. stk 50 DRR in our local 70cc mod class to get him some riders to chase. not an ideal situation for anyone really.

Gary, if this comes down to a petition or something, let us know, or maybe between you, Marc and other key dealers getting united to hit their customer lists we can get some good results.

-EA

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 07:24 AM
gary, check your fax.

hotquads1
10-27-2009, 07:52 AM
O K guys, I am 100% supportive of this idea of a trimmed down series that save the families some money, and I think an organized voice would have a valid attempt at getting a change made for next year (2011) , but With the promoters and track owners having allready agreed and signed contracts , as well as the schedule having been accepted and posted by the AMA _ ATVA , I do believe it is too late to make changes to the 2010 series.
marc

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 08:40 AM
Good point,but this would only effect the points part of the series as the races are set.

As far as the whole series goes,if you want to run the whole series you would have a better shot going into Lorettas.

I think this would bring many new families into the series that currently do not attend due to geographic or financial issues.
( most working people that i know of are having trouble getting 10 3 day weekends a year off of work)

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Here is the letter, but I still am not too excited about having to go to the other region.....Just seems like it is almost the same as it is now...just 1 less race?

Revised Fax (http://site.g-forcepowersports.com/Split.pdf)

EthansDad
10-27-2009, 09:53 AM
So, After reading the fax a couple of Qs:

1. who is proposing this again? is the the ATVA or someone else?

2. how the drop races work. My read on this is that we can hit as few as 3, or up to 5 to get enough "points" to be in the running for lorettas and the 1.5x season closer. I do like the idea of "you pick" the last two in any series north or south. My real question after all that is what happens to points if someone runs all 10 races? do only the best of 5 count before lorettas?

3. What are the "odds" of this being adopted for the '10 season? the proposal fax says this is under consideration for '10.

Again, I see the big driver for this is bringing out more regional folks to each race. We had national races last year that we drove 8+hrs and only 6 kids on the gate. Defeats the purpose really.

Fewer races, more kids per race and still an economical chance at running at a title? sounds like a no brainer to me.

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 10:10 AM
this is just an idea that Troy Szymborski threw at me after talking with many families about the upcoming season.

i just helped him get it out for discussion since neither of us is computer literate.

We have sent it to the promoters but i do not think they are interested.

We just do not want to wait until the 2nd or 3rd race and have the rider count fall off due to economic conditions.

We thought that since a true championship for the bikes worked well this could be a compromise yet still give the promoters the full schedule.

I know that except for a handful of races we did not have full gates last season. ( except Pell city, Red Bud, Lorettas)

tHIS IS JUST AN IDEA.

obviously if a rider chooses to go to all the races he would have more points in one series over the other so he would have a little better shot at the title but Lorettas would probably still be the deciding factor.
( bottom line if your in top 3 or 4 in points in your series you have a chance at the championship based on your finishes at Lorettas)

EthansDad
10-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Well, A fine idea Troy has, but maybe Marc is right that we'd have to get enough momentum around this to make a change in '11 rather than '10.

Not to carry on, but a few other thoughts:

The ATVA and the series promoters are about money. lets be honest. more riders per event = more money for them. We'd likely have to make a case to them that ultimately, they'd get more riders per event per class across the entire series.

Just brain storming here and putting my business hat on for a second on how to propose this to the ATVA. If we had a list of all Quad classes per major regions we could define the total market the ATVA wishes to draw from for attendance. For example, say there are a total of X number of 70cc (or any class) riders in the east coast that is the sum of regional series SSQSA + D-6 +SEQUADS +etc that would be what the ATVA should consider to be the " Total market" or total number of riders per class that would show up if they had 100% attendance. You could then show them based on actual attendance at ATVA events they are only getting Y% of the total market. My guess is they are getting 5-10%

There is the foundation for the "pitch". how would you, ATVA like to increase your attendance to 20-30% of total "market" of riders by breaking it into regions (as proposed by Troy).

Wouldn't be too hard to put together a list of the major regional quad series, count up the number of riders per class in the east coast and compare that to ATVA MX class attendance and put a dollar figure on what they are losing. Money motivates!

:devil:

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Can we follow this up with a GTC exercise along with the Run Rate based on the forecasted attendance through Q1?

I like business hats..... :) :)

Ryko racing
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Lets show it to the riders mini and full size and take a poll.

tntauto1127
10-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Also---at some point I think it would be great to add a 6 to 8 cvt class for the DRR/Apex kids....

I submitted an email proposal suggesting this. I feel the kids are going from 50 limited right to the fire with the crazy fast 70 kids or trying to run with the cobras on a DRR in the 50 prod class. One other thing I thought was changing the age to 4-7 in the 50 lim class but require any 7 year old to move out of the class if they finished in the top 3 the previous season. It would keep the class competitive and allow older newer riders to race competitively.

redonkulousruntsracing
10-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Not to get off point here, but I have to ask a dumb question. Why is Loretta's considered "the" race to end the season. I am all for making it easier for more kids to be eligible to win a championship. 2010 will be my 3rd year in the mini quad racing scene. Up hear in CNY we also too are looked down upon because our kids choose to race on 4 wheels. I understand that Loretta Lynn's is "the" place to be for young talent to be noticed by racing organizations and factories for kids on 2 wheels looking to be pro riders. But I was told that this is not the case with us that run on 4 wheels. My son just turned 6 and all he has wanted to do since he started riding is to become the next Dustin Wimmer or John Natalie. We went to our first ATVA National this year at Unadilla and had a great time. I would like to come to more, but there is no way we could be in the points hunt. It's just the plain old $$$. I am trying to give him the opportunity to achieve his goal, I have spent countless hours sending out resumes and knocking on doors of local shops to gain some sponsorship. I feel like a marketing agent! I was told by a friend who's kid came from mini quad racing and just moved up to the 450's that really, the national scene is for nothing more than bragging rights. If you can afford it great, if not that it's not necessary for your kid to succeed. I was told to just run a few National races a year to keep his name out there and to maintain relationships with people you meet, the opportunities that are out there for kids on 2 wheels aren't the same for us on quads. None of the factories make miniquads for kids to race so they don't really look for kids until they are ready to ride a 450. Am I way off track or not. I just a little confused and I am just trying to figure out my next season. Bottom line, I am here to support my son in whatever he wants to do, and for now it's racing miniquads, if I can keep that smile on his face, than I know that I am doing a good job.
And oh yea, I love the idea of a 6-8 50 mod cvt class, that way I dont have to buy a 2nd quad next year, because in my local District races its 4-8 50cc production. I wouldn't have to buy a 70cc quad so we can still race the National scene when he turns 7.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Loretta's is just a great event to be a part of ....not for getting signed....

They had an article recently talking about the mystique of Loretta's and how winning there has a higher level of accomplishment....

LL also hosts the last race, the youth contigency and is really geared for kids (swimming pool, creek etc)

If u could go to just one race, that is the one I would recomend hands down!!

Nationals and local races can both be the same amount of fun....The Nationals generally attract the guys with talent, $$$ and fast quads.....

It is always fun to get the measuring stick out to see who really brings it as much as they think though.

It is also a great way to meet people in the industry.....

I wouldn't lose sleep if you didn't make it to all of them, but Loretta's would be my choice for race/family vacation.

Sponsorships are hard nowadays.....most of our dealer costs have gone up 30% or more due to the weak dollar

Those that sell so low won't be around for long......

Good service also comes with a price...stocking products so the racers have it when they need is not easy or cheap..answering phones and staying on top of new products is also a daily battle.

EthansDad
10-27-2009, 01:57 PM
TNTauto, that sounds like an idea for a new thread for more discussion, but I agree totally. A lot of talented riders coming out of the 50 limited class that don't have a good next step option.

One of the things I like about the stock limited class is that it is "cheap" as compared to the mod classes. Maybe a 70 stock limited class with 6-8 age range would do the trick there. Less of a financial jump too for families to jump from a $3k stock 50 to a $10k mod 70.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 01:58 PM
70STK Limited---I Like it!!

We have this class at our local series (along with a 90cc version)and it makes it more affordable for sure.

Good idea---You have my vote!!

redonkulousruntsracing
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
The only reason I was thinking 50 mod was cuz if you are running 50 limited, then you can just mod the quad you already have without the need to buy another one. My 2 cents.

Gary, thanks for the insight, I have heard such mixed reviews on LL, I was all geared up to try to make it this year but I was advised that it wouldnt be worth the 2000 mile round trip.

bulldogfallon
10-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by sickairseth
Gary, thanks for the insight, I have heard such mixed reviews on LL, I was all geared up to try to make it this year but I was advised that it wouldnt be worth the 2000 mile round trip.

That is a question only you can answer....Depends on why your going I suppose....

If it's to win, then you better bring your lunch....the boys are flying by year end and with titles on the line you better bring it.

if your going for fun and to meet everyone and let your pilot run around through the camps, creek and pool then it is worth the ride.

I personally have no plans to miss a LL race in the future....

Just make sure when you go that you leave time to breathe and have fun....my first couple of nationals were more stress than fun

As you go to more it all slows down and it becomes more enjoyable.

mini racer #39
10-27-2009, 02:22 PM
I too like the idea of a stock 70 class. I have only seen 1 50 rider be able to move up and compete. You have my vote. As far as business hats go...I like your idea. I think maybe they are getting 1.0 to 2.5% of the total market. In the last 5 years I've seen low numbers because of 2 Series. When the other series folded we then again seen record turn outs. I agree that its too late for 2010 but I do not see the economy getting much better over the next year. Let's get together...throw out the ideas...toss them around... get some promoters on board!!!...and come up with something to further our sport.
Jerry

dblacks
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by sickairseth
The only reason I was thinking 50 mod was cuz if you are running 50 limited, then you can just mod the quad you already have without the need to buy another one. My 2 cents.

But if you go frm 50 lim to a 70 stock class all you do is add a 70 cylinder instead of shocks and an aluminum cylinder. also no need to buy a new quad.

coffing918
10-27-2009, 06:41 PM
i also agree there should be a 50 mod cvt class, my lil brother who is 13 will be runing nationals next year and my son will not be able to go with him because i cannot buy him a cobra to be able to compete, if they change the stock lim class age to 4-7 then he could go and do very well. or make a 50 mod cvt class.

tntauto1127
10-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I just started a new thread to discuss the classes. Maybe if something can be agreed upon we can all suggest the same thing with a link to the thread. I like the 50 cvt prod idea also and changing the age to 4-7

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=415417

coffing918
10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
district 6 has a 6-8 50 mod cvt class and it is a great class, that is what my son will be runing next year, also alot of our local tracks offer this class.
tntauto1127 i think i remember running with you guys at the may thunder in the sand race, # 918 JJ Coffing

tntauto1127
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Yep we were there. That was my first experience with these DRRs and lots of water. Learned alot that weekend. My daughter finished 3rd there and my boy was 5th I think. We are from central PA so we raced on the west side of PA and didn't make it back out east. I see your boy did very well this year.

Also add your suggestion to the thread I started so others can see it. I would like that class too.

jerkyboy
10-27-2009, 07:17 PM
A drr 50 with the write mods can run with the cobras in the 50 sr class.
You may not win but can be very competitive.

coffing918
10-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by tntauto1127
Yep we were there. That was my first experience with these DRRs and lots of water. Learned alot that weekend. My daughter finished 3rd there and my boy was 5th I think. We are from central PA so we raced on the west side of PA and didn't make it back out east. I see your boy did very well this year.

Also add your suggestion to the thread I started so others can see it. I would like that class too.
thank you he also won the fall thunder in the sand race as well as the spring one there were 17 kids on the gate again, i think there were 18 in the spring so yes he has come along way this year.
i will add my suggestion!

Ryko racing
10-28-2009, 06:55 AM
the 70 ss class is set so riders can race the same quad.

actually i believe there was a rider or 2 that was top 2 in 50 sr and top 5 in 70 ss on a 50.

Ifeel that each rider should have 2 classes available to race which helps if they miss a qualifier or just have bad luck.
I know i hate to have to go home after 8 laps due to bad luck.

DoubleDad
10-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
Here is the letter, but I still am not too excited about having to go to the other region.....Just seems like it is almost the same as it is now...just 1 less race?

Revised Fax (http://site.g-forcepowersports.com/Split.pdf)

You do not have to go to the other region. The proposal states you have to race at least three of the five in your region and the other two can be raced in either region, your choice. This proposal needs its own thread.

EthansDad
10-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd bet a 70 stk limited would be cheaper to run and just as fast as a prod 50. For all you do in mod'ing a 50, it seems it would be cheaper to convert it to a 70 and get the same or better power out of it. Jerkyboy, I bet you'd know for sure since you've run all those classes.

Just seems like if we went after a mod 50 class, the ATVA would say "just power up and run with the cobras on your DRR". I know some have had OK luck with that, but not great luck at the nats.

-EA

redonkulousruntsracing
10-28-2009, 04:45 PM
EthansDad, I hear you, but I know there are some local districts like mine that don't have a place for 70's and Cobras to run. And this would let speed shops sell some go fast parts for 50's also:)

redonkulousruntsracing
10-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Who can get a poll going on either a 50 production/mod class or 70 limited.