PDA

View Full Version : 2010 ATVA Schedule Posted

mxkids
10-23-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.atvmotocross.com/pages/schedule/2010-ama-atv-motocross-championship-schedule

ROUND 1 :: March 27/28, 2010
Millcreek Raceway, Pell City, AL
Produced by Victory Sports

ROUND 2 :: April 17/18, 2010
Ballance Moto X, Bowling Green, KY

ROUND 3 :: May 1/2, 2010

Birch Creek Motorsports, Danville, VA
Produced by Birch Creek

ROUND 4 :: May 15/16, 2010
Sunset Ridge MX, Walnut, IL
Produced by RedBud MX

ROUND 5 :: May 29/30, 2010
Steel City Raceway, Delmont, PA
Produced by Bellco

ROUND 6 :: June 12/13, 2010
Spring Creek Motocross Park, Millville, MN
Produced by Spring Creek

ROUND 7 :: June 19/20, 2010
Muddy Creek Raceway, Blountville, TN

ROUND 8 :: July 3/4, 2010
Pleasure Valley, Armagh, PA
Produced by Cernic's Racing

ROUND 9 :: July 17/18, 2010
Unadilla, New Berlin, NY
Produced by Unadilla Motorsports

ROUND 10 :: July 31 - August 1, 2010
RedBud, Buchanan, MI
Produced by RedBud MX

ROUND 11 :: August 14/15, 2010
Loretta Lynn Ranch, Hurricane Mills, TN
Produced by Racer Productions

THARNESS
10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
A little suprised to see that an extra round has been added for the amateurs and youth. Also the back to back races will be a little tough at rd.6 & 7. Hopefully they will give us an extra drop.

quadnana7
10-23-2009, 02:35 PM
The schedule is not favorable for us we definately will not be going to NY or MN and some of the others are very questionable.
With my accident and the economy the way it is we are having it rougher than we ever have,
So us going to all the races is definately out and more than likely it will be only the 4 that is close to us
I am hearing from a lot of people they are only going to a few next year.

dazed&confused
10-23-2009, 03:05 PM
i was hoping to run most of them in 2010 ,but i know we won't make it all the way out to MN . Just to far for us to travel .plus being back to back makes it even harder.

mini racer #39
10-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Ok this is just my opinion and here it goes. Nothing against the southern races or people from the southern states BUT...I am tired of everyone complaining about WHERE the races are located...WHO CARES... you will go if you can and NOT go if you can't. There are 2 races that are within 4 hours for us. The rest are 6-14 hours away...then the awards banquet is like another race for us because its about 10 hours for us to get to. The MN track is 504 miles away for us...It's not close for us and will not benefit many from this area in the north. I personally am glad for a new track to run. Something different and maybe some new riders to run against. No one is ever going to be happy with the schedule....We all know that. If we keep complaining maybe we'll all be stuck just running local races. I know we all don't want that. There is only one thing maybe we all can agree on and that is getting a test strip like the bikes have to work on jetting. With people coming in from all over we do need something like that. We can't always get our jetting done on Friday during practices. Maybe if we get together we can get them to fix that for us. MAYBE...
Bobbie Havert

quadnana7
10-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Well I guess everyone knows who Bobbie is referring to as a southern since I am the only one who replied to the post that lives in one of the southern states.
I don't see where you got that I was *****ing about the schedule or any other southerns were for that matter.
I only stated due to financial reason we would not be going to a lot of the races next year. When my husband had to quit his job to stay home and take care of me our extra income stopped.
Maybe everyone is not as wealthy as some and they can't make it to all the races. I am proud for the ones that are fortunate enough to make all the races if the econmy wasn't so bad we would be there also.

mini racer #39
10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
No not referring to anyone in general...There ia also a post similar to this one under the cobra section. But every year someone complains...This is nothing new to any of us. Who knows if any of us will make it to all the Nationals this year. But every year there are always people upset about where the races are at. I am just to the point where no one makes anyone go to these races...if you don't like where it is at then stay home...Again this is not pointed at ANYONE in general....
Bobbie

mxkids
10-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Bobbie,

The schedule will never be like you, me, or whoever, would like it to be. They can not please every racer family out there. I don't think anyone is complaining on the cobra forum about the schedule. I think Scott, Szymborski and whoever else was trying to get it to where you did not have to run them all. (at least that is how I took it) from the email that Scott sent me. As I said to Scott, imo I don't see them doing anything anytime soon. People have been trying for years.

But, they do give you drops so that you don't have to attend them all. Hopefully they will allow you 3 drops instead of 2 for 2010.

What I don't like about the schedule is 3 races in May and July. The kids are still in school. It is hard when the kids get to high school to pull them out to go race. We are racing for fun. But an education is a must.

I agree there needs to be a test area!!!

Sonia

LT80
10-24-2009, 07:49 AM
"But every year someone complains"
Why shouldn't they? If nobody complained, we'd be up to 20 races and 11 months. :devil:
Besides, we all need to vent a lil and the schedule is usually something to vent about seeins it effects us all.

I cannot even get a reply as to if I'm ever going to get my ATVA card that I purchaced at Unadilla, trying to change the schedule surely is a no-go. :D

cole shake 32
10-24-2009, 08:21 PM
It don't really matter to me but sence i live in minnestoa it's kind of nice to see a race with in 700 miles but where ever the nationals are we'll be there

skyeryder
10-25-2009, 09:30 AM
that may and july, 6 race string is gonna be hard on a poor boy from Indiana, hopefully the economy picks up lol

edwardsp&b
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
(quote) It don't really matter to me but sence i live in minnestoa it's kind of nice to see a race with in 700 miles but where ever the nationals are we'll be there

i agree, but im sure your glad that at least one race next year wont be around 20 hrs for you!

everyone else, at least we have races to run next year. our local series has dried up completely, so our only options is to run nat's.
if we had a local series like D-6, we would only run them. at least yall have some races to run up north besides nationals.
bryan

cole shake 32
10-25-2009, 10:19 AM
I am happy to see one close but i was hoping for texas or a race out towards the west coast so we could get a chance to race some of the kids from the worccs series and west coast. we were hoping to go again this year but just couldnt we did last year though its alot of money for one race but if it was part of the series we would go

edwardsp&b
10-26-2009, 06:40 AM
i agree, i would like to race once in the series somewhere out west, but the schedule is what it is. at least we still have a schedule.
bryan

coffing918
10-26-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
(quote)

everyone else, at least we have races to run next year. our local series has dried up completely, so our only options is to run nat's.
if we had a local series like D-6, we would only run them. at least yall have some races to run up north besides nationals.
bryan

D6 is a great series we run it and the mini classes always have great #s
50 stock always at least 12+ riders-
70 cvt always at least 15+ riders 90 cvt always at least 12+ and sr. mini at least always 12+, we may hit the close PA & NY nats. this year just to try them,

10-26-2009, 07:34 AM
you would do great Jodi. I am sure of it. Hes one awsome lil rider right there she has.

coffing918
10-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
you would do great Jodi. I am sure of it. Hes one awsome lil rider right there she has.
thank you toby

Ryko racing
10-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I am not complaining about the schedule. I have spoken to many people in the north and south and have not come across anyone that is in the financial siuation to run a full schedule this year.

I recieved a fax from Troy that just gave another perspective and sets up the series to be more affordable and will be somewhat like the bikes but with no pyramid type qualifiers.

We just posted it for suggestions. If you dont like it say so if you think it is a good idea say so.
We just dont want to end up with small turnouts and having to spend $ 1500 a race and not race with the best riders.

DoubleDad
10-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Scott, I talked to Troy this morning, sounds great to me. Where is it posted?
Davy

Logan #34's Dad
10-30-2009, 02:50 PM
The North/South - East/West thing will NEVER happen. What we think will work will never get the promoters and tracks on board. If they can be guaranteed a large turn out then maybe. One national supports that track for the year. Believe it or not, owning a track is not a real profit making venture.
My opinion, If they did separate us - I think more "locals" would show up. I know alot of people that are intimidated by the Nationals and do not want to spend the large amount of money to maybe not make the field. That goes for Big Quads too. It could work but there would be alot of convincing.
They'd have to add a couple tracks per division too. One in OHIO would be great! :devil:

DoubleDad
10-30-2009, 02:54 PM
I don't believe it will ever happen either Rocky, but it sure would make it a lot easier on a great many of us.

mini racer #39
10-30-2009, 03:05 PM
rocky i don't believe it will happen ether but a track in Ohio and maby one in Indiana would be nice.

Ryko racing
10-30-2009, 03:07 PM
I remember 25 yrs ago i got in the auto business and my boss told us that they had been running this business for 30 years and knew what they were doing. He even said that in 10 yrs GM would be the only american car maker.(that was in 1985)
He went out of business and look at the mighty GM.

I think you are correct that the promoters will not go for it, they absolutely refuse to think that anything is wrong.
Maybe they should ask us THE CUSTOMERS at the banquet for our opinions.

I am worried that come March nobody will be able to afford to race
and then what? My son is 13 and just getting into his own, unfortunately we cannot race much in Michigan as there is very little turnout ( we are trying to change that though).
But if we have to waste a season we probably are done and i have spoken to a few others who feel the same way. ( one parent that has never missed a national in 4 seasons and will not make the whole 11 race season this year due to lack of vacation time)

Iam going to attempt to get our local district to work with us and 5 or 6 national families from Michigan will try to race locally this year.

It is completely nuts to add a race to an already too expensive series. Maybe we could all live in our trailers and sell our homes then we would be able to race 20 races.

I THOUGHT THAT MIGHT GET SOME ATTENTION.

mxkids
10-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I agree Rocky, don't see it chaning anytime soon. People have been approaching the atva promoters for several years with different sceniros and had no luck. Some of the bigger mfgs stepping out this year has to be a hurt as well. Yes they added MN to the schedule, but they also gave you 3 throw aways instead of 2. I am sure the people in MN are glad to see it so they don't have to travel so far.

All I know is that we will race the ones that Brandon is off the others we will not. Last year the race sched did not line up with Brandons work sched. For 2010 it works out pretty good. I think we will have to miss 3 or 4. That is our plan right now.

The way the economy is right now is pretty scary. We as parents have to sit back and think what if. Most people don't know from day to day if they are going to have a job next week. If we have to set out more races than we plan to, so be it. Racing is a luxury sort of speak. We can live without it if we have to. We may not like it, but we will get over it.

Logan #34's Dad
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mxkids
I agree Rocky, don't see it chaning anytime soon. People have been approaching the atva promoters for several years with different sceniros and had no luck. Some of the bigger mfgs stepping out this year has to be a hurt as well. Yes they added MN to the schedule, but they also gave you 3 throw aways instead of 2. I am sure the people in MN are glad to see it so they don't have to travel so far.

Yep, The only issue with adding the extra race and dropping a third race is - once again - those that can afford to get to all the races are almost a shoe-in to win the Championship. Now you just get another drop for when things go bad. Chances are better that you will not have three bad days and thus win it all. I guess thats racing though.
A little fix that they do here is: Have a series inside the series. In other words, have some of the races count toward a sponsored (i.e. - Maxxis) series Championship. Kinda like they did when the WPSA closed down and they joined ATVA midway through the year.
REF: the bigger mfgs stepping out: If the AMA would be better at promoting the quads we could get SPEED CHANNEL to cover our races and get exposier for the big mfgs. It just ticks me off when I see mud bogs and go carts and the 100th reply of a PINKS episode and they don't cover the Professional Quad riders. Does SPEED understand how many people own a quad of some kind?

Ryko racing
10-31-2009, 07:48 AM
I totally agree with you , as far as 3 drops goes it will kill a rider to use the drops if the other rider goes.

The split schedule concept corrects this and is fair for everyone.
Including the promoters.

We will stick to local racing this year as i cannot see spending thousands of dollars to go racing and not have a chance at the title.

I have spoken to a great number of parents in the last 2 months and I have yet to find any that can make the schedule this year.
Its too bad that we all cant compromise a little during these tough times.
Even Mcdonalds went to $ 1 cheesebergers and look at their profits ( pretty solid). They drew a new customer and volume went up.

snowfighter
10-31-2009, 08:15 AM
i know briarcliff here in ohio www.briarcliffmx.com has been trying to get nats there for yrs and is an awsome big track. both of the gncc races we host here have superb turn outs. ohio has alot of riders

zach R 7x
10-31-2009, 10:22 AM
the way i see it, they will not change a thing until it hurts them in the pocket book.
i want to run all the nationals this coming year also ,but just don't see it happening.
maybe when there #'s and entree fee money falls off they will figure it out.

it's all about the benjamins !

mxkids
10-31-2009, 10:40 AM
The thing is the Mfg hav not only stepped out on the quads but the bikes as well. I don't think have near as many sponsored riders as in years past. Logans dad I agree 100%, the quads almost seems to be on the back burner. I do think it has gotten some better over the years, but I also think they could do better But I think Zach R 7x hit the head on the nail. Until it hurts their pocket book you prob will not see a change.

Ryko racing
10-31-2009, 10:42 AM
I dont think it is ALL about money, i do understand their side also,
it has worked for a long time so why tear down a process that was successful.

I am just worried that in these economic times even the families that do get through a season will eventually feel the financial burden and thus give up maybe a year later.

Lets face it 50 grand a yr to win trophies is NUTS. its a good thing we are crazy about our sport enough to want to grow and protect it.
I will never believe that a national championship at age 12 will have anything to do with getting a factory ride at 17. Lets face it the riders that are winning at 17 have a shot, championship or no championship in their past.
I love running 10 races as i think you need to race to get better but right now it is not possible.

zach R 7x
10-31-2009, 05:22 PM
it's always about money! these promotors may not be doing it to get rich,but it takes money to run these tracks and to maintain,and improve them.

it is a business and business's need to make money.
in there minds there is nothing wrong with the current system . until they see the #'s drop off significantly they will not want to rock the boat .

mxkids
10-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
it's always about money! these promotors may not be doing it to get rich,but it takes money to run these tracks and to maintain,and improve them.

it is a business and business's need to make money.
in there minds there is nothing wrong with the current system . until they see the #'s drop off significantly they will not want to rock the boat .

Exactly!!

LT80
11-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Did you know that the AMA gives the promotors $$ to run the races?

Ryko racing
11-02-2009, 07:03 AM
I have no problem with the promoters making money. I hope they make millions of dollars as it would eventually triclke down to improving our sport.
I think that the issue is that they really dont know that their customer base feels this strongly and a majority of us will not be there in 2010 unless they change the process.

Evryone that feels that a split type of schedule will work should email SAM, STEPHANIE, AND RITA to let them know that we all are in the same situation. We have sent them the split schedule to review. If you cannot find it please let me know.

I even have to build a quad just to race here in Michigan as the district 14 only allow 70 or 75 cc single speed cobras in the 90 prod classes. ( or 90 cvts and 125 cc hondas).

I think that if the promoters see it in black and white they might understand.