PDA

View Full Version : What kind of flooring shoud I get for new trailer?

QuadJunkies
10-23-2009, 01:19 PM
I remember seeing a topic a long time ago about installing flooring in a box trailer and I cant find it ??

We just bought a new trailer today and its just the wood flooring .
Should we do outdoor carpet?? that checkered tile??
Getting a full wrap added too...! :D

Guy400
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
As long as there's a disco ball on the ceiling, who cares what kind of floor it has :D

My uncle's enclosed trailer has an aluminum plate floor with gray indoor/outdoor carpet over it.

QuadJunkies
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
haha! Well I dunno about a crystal ball but at some point a TV and Rockband will be going with us ! :D

yellowzo3
10-23-2009, 02:02 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=407505&highlight=trailer

maybe thats the one your thinking of?

Rootar
10-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Get a few gallons of herculiner and roll it on

Pros
-seemless
-seals the wood and covers all cracks and joints (no where for dirt to hide)
-you can roll it a foot or soo up the bottom of the wall for a tub like effect so you can just hose it out and not worry about the walls
-you dont have to worry about it smelling like dirt
-doesnt streak from tires

speaking of which ive had 3 gallons for my trailer for months now and i havent done it.....:ermm: just dont have the time

ricksmx865
10-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Rootar

Pros
-seemless
-you can roll it a foot or soo up the bottom of the wall for a tub like effect so you can just hose it out and not worry about the walls

speaking of which ive had 3 gallons for my trailer for months now and i havent done it.....:ermm: just dont have the time

This is the route im planning on taking as well

spanky101
10-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Would you be able to expoxy coat it like they do on concrete floors? I just dont know if it adheres to the wood or not

slightlybent47
10-23-2009, 04:14 PM
I have a cheep throw rug that I just lay on the floor.
And I have used some old discarded carpet and just replace it when it gets trashed.

You could paint the floor first.

rollie
10-23-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Rootar

Pros
-seemless

That seems like a really good idea! post up some pics and a review when you get around to doing it!

wvspeedfreak
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I am liking the disco ball idea.Maybe a bear skin rug on the floor.That would be groovy :cool:

Seriously the Hurculiner gets my vote.

Sjorge450R
10-23-2009, 06:37 PM
a friend of mine has the rhinx liner on his floor and its nice. Adds some traction for when the floor gets muddy.

usp4u
10-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I'd look into fiber flooring. It's like real heavy, yet flexible linoeum. Doesn't have to be glued down and wont curl up on the edges. It's kind of "floating" and you can drag it out for cleaning.

spanky101
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
My only concern with the hurculiner or similar product making it very dark in the trailer possibly depending on your lighting situation

Rootar
10-23-2009, 08:26 PM
actually if you paint the walls white and install fluorescent lights a clean herculiner floor reflects well and beside if you ever drop something small its easy to find and cant go anywhere.... i really do need to do this before it gets too cold or ill never get around to it until spring comes.

If only i could get 2 good days of sunshine and temps above 70 in a row i could get it done. (i need two days because i gotta pull my walls down to insulate behind them before i herculiner the floor and the wall)

spanky101
10-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Doing white walls and a couple nice lights would definatly keep the trailer bright enough! When I get a new trailer I definatly think I want to go this route!

QuadJunkies
10-24-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=407505&highlight=trailer

maybe thats the one your thinking of?
No ,but thanks for trying!
ITs been a few years back I think.

I was wondering do you need to treat the wood before laying outdoor carpet? I thought about looking to see what Home Depot had.

Also... this trailer sits up higher so the ramp is steep somewhat.
Any ideas how to make or buy an extention thats on a hinge that folds when you shut it ?
Heres a pic of what we bought..
Its an 09 Mirage 8x20. Got it for 3800.00 :D

QuadJunkies
10-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I am liking the disco ball idea.Maybe a bear skin rug on the floor.That would be groovy :cool:

Heat shaped hot tub maybe? :devil: :devil:

On a serious note, I want it to be done right, but also somewhat frugal as we have ALOT of miles to travel this next season so expense -plus the holidays coming up too is going to be tough.

QuadJunkies
10-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by spanky101
Doing white walls and a couple nice lights would definatly keep the trailer bright enough! When I get a new trailer I definatly think I want to go this route!
I like the white idea too! I think I might do that if the ole man agrees.!
How do you hand stuff in them? the walls are not very thick?

THARNESS
10-24-2009, 07:55 PM
I went to sherwin-williams and bought a gallon and a half of the coating that is made for concrete garage floors. I did our 20 ft trailer and ramp door for about $125 bucks. It has held up great for the last 3 seasons. I can powerwash the floor if it gets real dirty. They also sold me a gritty sand like substance that I mixed with the paint for the ramp to give it some traction. If I had it to do over again I would do the exact same thing.

spanky101
10-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Would you happen to know what the exact name of the product was and any pictures? Thanks man

QuadJunkies
10-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by usp4u
I'd look into fiber flooring. It's like real heavy, yet flexible linoeum. Doesn't have to be glued down and wont curl up on the edges. It's kind of "floating" and you can drag it out for cleaning.

I checked into something like that at Lowes today.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&N=4294961544&Ne=4294967294&Ntk=i_products&Ntt=tile+flooring
Actually a few dif. things. They had like this plastic tile stuff but it was STUPID expensive.. I also looked at indoor/outdoor carpet and some thick soft tpye plastic slabs that coudl be thrown down for when your wrenching . I kinda liked this but the ole man is not so sure on it .

Hurculiner- where can I find this and is this expensive? They also had epoxy at Lowes to use with sand for the door, but I just got some strips of the tape instead -might change my mind on that .

Lots of great ideas... MUCH appreciated! I bought 2 gal. of white semi satin paint and Im going to get the walls done tomorrow and ponder on the rest . :p Once we get the floor decided then it will be time to get some shelving and storage ideas

Rootar
10-24-2009, 10:23 PM
if youve already got roller and other painting stuff then you can just by the Herculiner by the gallon for $60-70 check with you local parts store of look online.

My father owns a NAPA store so i got mine cheap, but even if i had to buy it out right i still would. It works excellent on wood, seals, protects, sticks like super glue on skin, and its a seemless one time thing. Unless you want a checkerboard or carpet i dont see any other way to do the floor.

the garage floor paints works great in my buddies trailer but you still got cracks in the seems, skid marks, doesnt completely seal the floor, you gotta remember its paint.