PDA

View Full Version : 2 electrical questions (lights and neutral light)

midnightride42
10-23-2009, 07:17 AM
Ok I have a 01 400ex....previous owner put a aftermarket handlebar on there....the neutral green light part is no longer there. Getting the bike in neutral sometimes can be a but with having boots on.

what would be the easiest way for me to pur a light on there again or I guess try to find a complete assembly.

Having the neutral light would help a bid.

Second. Has no rear light....I dont think a lot of 400 came with rear lights. I see there is a spot to hang them, but I dotn recall wiring being there. Is there factory wiring? Perhaps I missed it. I'd like to hook up a brake light in the back if possible.

Thanks,

camaromitch
10-23-2009, 11:33 AM
There is factory wiring (or should be). Check this thread (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=307005) by EX LONERIDER on putting a tail/brake light on your 400. There are a lot of different light options, but his looks nice (I just did this exact thing last night on my bros 400).

I used a piece of 1/2" box steel and drilled 2 holes one way the width of the mouting holes on the quad then drilled 2 holes the other way for the mounting holes on the light (r6 mounts are horizontal and 400ex mounts are vertical, might be different if you use a different light). The light was $20 on ebay, the switch $15, and the box tube $8 (4ft length). Add a little wiring and some connectors.

*Sorry, can't help you on the neutral light, but somebody will.

gt400ex
10-23-2009, 02:09 PM
The neutral switch is a grounding switch. If the factory wiring is no longer there you can run keyed power to whatever kind of light you want to then ground to the switch.