PDA

View Full Version : Flexx vs ATV Four play Bars

flyboy450r
10-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Whats better flexx or atv four play. price four play and you dont need a clamp so i dont know. but flexx have a great rep

flyboy450r
10-23-2009, 09:03 AM
come on 18 and no ones got any thoughts on them

spanky101
10-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Atv Four Play for sure! They make an excellent product, great customer service and a better design IMO so it's a no brainer for me!

liljhall09
10-23-2009, 10:41 AM
im gonna say flexx , i rode with the fourplay and there way to soft for me , and they also bow up compared to the flexx, But its all your own opinion depending on how soft u want them and the bend

mxquadracer72
10-23-2009, 07:42 PM
ive rode both brands, atv4play are better if you have stock stem or like higher bends. flexx bars you have to rebuild and arent the better one in my opinion. go with atv4play bars if you want the better set up

T@AFP
10-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by liljhall09
im gonna say flexx , i rode with the fourplay and there way to soft for me , and they also bow up compared to the flexx, But its all your own opinion depending on how soft u want them and the bend

If the Soft Bars you tried were too soft, chances are they weren't adjusted to your riding style. You can easily adjust them with the turn of a screw.
Look at it like a set of shocks. You have to adjust the stiffness to your preference. If you prefer the bars to be stiff without any movement they will do that. If you want them soft on the "top" and get progressively stiffer. They will do that too.
They are very tunable to your riding style.

spanky101
10-25-2009, 10:55 PM
I believe this is another great reason to go with Toms product with the atv four play bars. He is active in numerous forums and is a great asset! He stands behind his products like no other company I have had the pleasure of knowing. Get the atv four play bars and be happy!

mxquadracer72
10-25-2009, 11:10 PM
true that ! the flexx bars arent as adjustable and over priced. atv4play bars are very nice and turn of a screw is better that buying new elastomers at 30 bucks

T@AFP
10-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the kind words and support. I think we work hard to try any figure out what WE as quad riders need.
We just finished up our orange/black Soft Bars for the KTM's.
I'm a orange fan so we're doing them in just orange too.
What do you think?

spanky101
10-27-2009, 12:11 PM
I just saw the orange and black you did on ktm hq and they look great! What colors are availible to the public Tom?

mxquadracer72
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
looks great ! hope to have more colors in the future..

mysticfalcon
10-27-2009, 01:36 PM
what about the hondas? Do you do them in Red? If so then sign me up.

T@AFP
10-27-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
I just saw the orange and black you did on ktm hq and they look great! What colors are availible to the public Tom?

The colors are all black, all orange, orange/black and red.
We tried blue but it looked odd.

spanky101
10-27-2009, 02:02 PM
It sounds like you have just about every color you could want! I can't wait to get some. These are hands down the best bars out on the market!

T@AFP
10-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by mysticfalcon
what about the hondas? Do you do them in Red? If so then sign me up.

How's this?

mysticfalcon
10-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Looks a little pink in the picture. ??

T@AFP
10-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Nope, close to the red Elka uses on their shocks.

raidernut
10-27-2009, 04:14 PM
my son used the flexx for 4 years prior to the fourplay's release this year, and he loves the 4play. I think they are engineered beyond the flexx, and they look so damn cool on the bikes! Tom has done an outstanding job with this product, and stands behind it as well. Best money youll ever spend on your machine.

flyboy450r
10-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Ive decided to buy some after talking to some riders so look forward to my order. Are you guys going to give exriders members discounts?? LOL

T@AFP
10-28-2009, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by flyboy450r
Ive decided to buy some after talking to some riders so look forward to my order. Are you guys going to give exriders members discounts?? LOL

Cool, look forward to hearing from you.
You could talk to my friends at C&D, they are the site sponsors and maybe they can help you out on a discount.

Thanks,
Tom

KJD98300EX
10-29-2009, 01:55 AM
after this year ive been getting serious about racing. i have a few questions. can the atv soft bars mount to a honda stock stem? i thought i saw on the website to check if they did. second, if not if id get a starnard length anti-vibe stem, what do your bars compare to height and bend wise with stock length stem

T@AFP
10-29-2009, 07:24 AM
KJD98300EX
Yes they do bolt up to most stock steering stems.
All the Honda, Suzuki, KTM, Mini quads, the new YFZ450R and the Polaris.

The Soft Bars do not use the "crossbar" so we eliminate the need for a bar clamps and adapters to accept the 1 1/8" "fat bar".

So by eliminating those pieces our bars are within a 1/4" height of "other" bars.

Most customers who run MX like our Soft Bars on the standard height stem. Some XC customers prefer the bars with a +1" stem.

We only offer the 12* sweep back. W/ a CR high bend up.

They're very comfortable for both MX and XC.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-29-2009, 08:53 AM
The Soft Bars are a really good product. I have been using them all season and can't say enough good things about them. The range of adjustment very wide, you can make them really stiff or really soft with a get progression in between. the grease fitting is a great feature for those of us that wash with pressure washers all the time it keep the bars really free. Well worth the money :)

Ginxd00
10-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Best bars I have ever run. Range of adjustment is night and day compared to Flexx bars. I run ATVFP +1 stem and they are perfect height and reach for doing 2 hour GNCC's. A big part of winning the +36C championship in the GNCC this year is these bars.

QuadJunkies
10-30-2009, 12:40 AM
We will be using these on our WORCS project Raptor 250 build and cant wait to test them out! :cool:

airmobile101
10-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Dumb question. Has anybody decided to develope some bars that actually has a forward motion vs. the up and down motion? I think Fasst and ATV4PLAY both have great products, but when it comes to harescrambles/XC racing, I feel the blunt of the force comes from the forward position compared to the up and down motion. Yea, I'm sure the up and down is great if your jumping. But my bike rarely see's air time. Just a thought since I would be interested.

mxquadracer72
10-31-2009, 11:21 AM
check out the frs system scracinggear.com it weighs like 1.5 lbs. but it moves back n forth and is adjustable with the turn of a screw. i personally dont like it cuz its big and bulky but it works. and houser made something like it where the stem flexes back n worth with a spring on the clamp for the stem

motofreak2772
11-01-2009, 05:56 AM
honestly the only reason I think flexx are better is because of the bar pad lol. Flexx seems like a simpler design and the cross bars are covered up by the pad. Why couldnt afp cover up that bottom bar? would that mess up how it works? They also look extremly tall. Is it just how they look or do they feel that way too?

flyboy450r
11-01-2009, 08:23 AM
Im ordering a pair but I kinda like the idea of the big bar clamp with the rubber inserts i think you would get far less vibration that way. I think mounting it directly to the stem you'll loose some dampening effect.

Ginxd00
11-01-2009, 09:34 AM
You will not be disappointed!!

DEVINF450R
11-05-2009, 07:57 AM
A green set for Kawi's would be cool.

I am thinking of purchasing a piar of these,

and as far as for forward motion Boyesen made a grip system that would roll the grips on throttle tubes (kinda) with dampeners to take away some the the fatigue caused by accelleration and decelleration

KB Motorsports
11-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Soft Bars are getting popular fast. So far everyone who has ran a set loves them. Here's a set of soft bars mounted on a KTM and on a Raptor 700

http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/images/detailed/700RaptorSoftBars.jpg

http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/images/detailed/soft-bars-ktm-atv.jpg

SIDCON
02-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Would these by chance be going on sale again since the economy is just getting worse? Would be nice if they are so I can squeeze one by for my quad

Colby@C&DRacing
02-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Give us a call we can help you out with the Soft bars. 402-614-2508

SIDCON
02-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Hey, thanks for helping out! I will give you a call.

SIDCON
02-23-2010, 01:05 PM
I wasnt going to post but man I hate it when someone goes back on their word.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I am assuming this is directed at me
:huh
Wow I never gave you a price :huh "We can help out" interprets to we sell them at a discount. Didn't say we can get you some bars for free:chinese:

SIDCON
02-23-2010, 01:55 PM
I didnt say any names and wasnt going to, just wanted to vent out my frustration because I wanted to try a set of these bars for the WORCS race this weekend instead of my flexx bars. I asked if these will ever be going for the sale price with shipping that was offered before (no way is this asking for a free set of bars lol). You said you would help me out and when I contacted, you said you cant sell them under $315. Why post saying you would help a racer out when they ask for the possible sale price again if you are only going to charge them full retail. I found another place that will sell them for the original price/free shipping package so I will be getting them but I dont think I will ever order anything from your company in the future. Honesty and a persons word might not mean alot these days but it does to me

Colby@C&DRacing
02-23-2010, 02:13 PM
$315 isn't retail we try to discount as much as the MANUFACTURE will allow the dealer to do so. Sorry for any misunderstanding there may have been. Have a good day.

SIDCON
02-23-2010, 10:40 PM
No problem, we all have misunderstanding now and then. On my first post I asked if they are going on sale for the original price again, thats all no biggie . $315 is more then what other places are selling them for without having a sale so was shocked that your "helping out price" was only a few dollars off retail and more then others everyday price. This year money is tight for most of us who race and was looking to save a few bucks on a large order of things I needed. All in all Im just glad someone did help me out with getting them and everything else I needed so no hard feelings.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
I agree money is tight for everyone these days. It is just a disappointment to see some people have resorted to selling products for pennies on the dollar just to generate a sale. I guess if you don't have the over head of a full service shop and employees you can do that. We try to sell everything as cheap as possible and still afford to keep a knowledge staff that can back up the products we sell. Again no hard feelings here :)

T@AFP
02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by SIDCON
I didnt say any names and wasnt going to, just wanted to vent out my frustration because I wanted to try a set of these bars for the WORCS race this weekend instead of my flexx bars. I asked if these will ever be going for the sale price with shipping that was offered before (no way is this asking for a free set of bars lol). You said you would help me out and when I contacted, you said you cant sell them under $315. Why post saying you would help a racer out when they ask for the possible sale price again if you are only going to charge them full retail. I found another place that will sell them for the original price/free shipping package so I will be getting them but I dont think I will ever order anything from your company in the future. Honesty and a persons word might not mean alot these days but it does to me

Hey Sidcon
PM sent

SIDCON
02-24-2010, 06:57 PM
Hi AFP, Thank you for the kind words and a follow up on your product, that means alot. I tried replying your pm but your inbox is full. I will try again later. Thanks again for contacting me

Mrs. SFRacing
02-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by flyboy450r
Whats better flexx or atv four play. price four play and you dont need a clamp so i dont know. but flexx have a great rep
Hey man you ready for your shocks????????????

hontrx265r
02-25-2010, 09:05 AM
I just want to say that working in this industry I see people fading slowly and turning to online sales or catalogs, because they are cheaper then what is in your local shop. In defense to C&D (although I have no idea where you got your stuff and I'm not approaching you directly this is just a general statement) Its costs more money to bring that product to a shop.. It has to be shipped direct (could be free shipping) but then you have to pay someone to do receiving and labeling and stock shelves etc... Its not just drop shipped from a manufacturer to your door. Now we all want to save money but here is the thing. The customers who support the small companies that are really what kept the sport alive and keep it developing and moving forward. (not a corporate distributor) are going to see on going support from those shops in other forms of appreciation. For instance dealing with warranties, returns, technical help, cheaper labor etc.. I know from my stand point when someone comes in to see me and wants me to stand around and say.. explain how the new shock they just bought at brand x works because they have no clue what they are doing.. I'm not going to spend 30min with that customer who doesn't support the store hes standing in.. and hes not getting the "good guy" deal when he brings it back for service.. Just food for thought to anyone out there.. I know this doesn't apply directly to this situation. However a couple extra dollars to help support the people who want to support you goes a long way in the end.....

SIDCON
02-25-2010, 01:43 PM
To the post above thank you and I dont take it directly as you posted but for others reading this I agree, lets not make the money I saved mountains out of mole hills. There was $3200 of things I needed to order and had to save a few bucks to make it happen, thats all. Its impossible for one seller to please everyone as in my case, they said they would help me out but still gave me the same full price they always sell them for, I took what they said the wrong way and thought they were going to offer a decent price in to reference to my first post. Im only one unhappy customer out of probably hundreds of happy ones. I am all for investing into the sport since Ive been in it from knee high and I did buy these from a reputable shop. Actually Places that sell on the internet have store fronts or they can not be a dealer for 99.9% of products. Manufactures and distributers are so strick on who sells their products almost all even demand a floor plan and pictures of the retail store and store front along with a big buy in. Just because I save money doesnt mean every one has to. I needed a large sum of parts and was on a tight budget so had no choice but to save to make the order happen, thats all.

Sidney Concourse

bluerid
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I know these bars fit on the honda stock stem. I saw a picture of them mounted and I noticed that you can't see the long bolts that stick from the bottom of the bars. Do the bars for the stock stem use shorter bolts or something? The thing I really want to know is if I can use these bars for my stock stem until I get an aftermarket one later on.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-10-2010, 08:40 AM
you could use them on the stock stem and if you changed to an antivibe later you can send the bars back to ATV Fourplay and he will change the studs so they will work.

bluerid
03-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Does that cost anything besides the shipping?

Colby@C&DRacing
03-11-2010, 08:23 AM
They have a $25 refurbish service that they offer to all customers using their bars. Once a year you can return the bars to them and they will service them and replace any worn or out date parts for the $25 fee. I am sure the new studs come be installed at that time. This service is well worth the $25 and will keep your bars working like new

Gomer11
03-14-2010, 05:35 PM
those "four play" bars are the ugliest bars i have ever seen.
i didnt say they suck, i said they are ugly as can be

Ryan'07400ex
06-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
They have a $25 refurbish service that they offer to all customers using their bars. Once a year you can return the bars to them and they will service them and replace any worn or out date parts for the $25 fee. I am sure the new studs come be installed at that time. This service is well worth the $25 and will keep your bars working like new

Is the service always needed after a year or will these last multiple seasons before needing refurbished? That gets expensive fast on top of a 300 dollar initial price.

T@AFP
06-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Nope they do not have to be sent in every year. You can do it yourself. It is just a service we offer.

Personally I think $25.00 a year for servicing them is a steal. That includes the shipping to.

I wish I could only spend $25.00 a year to service a part on my quad to bring to back to almost new condition.

How much does it cost you to service a set of shocks that costs a couple grand?
A few hundred for service?

$25.00 is pretty cheap....I think.

hendershot106
06-04-2010, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by T@AFP
Nope they do not have to be sent in every year. You can do it yourself. It is just a service we offer.

Personally I think $25.00 a year for servicing them is a steal. That includes the shipping to.

I wish I could only spend $25.00 a year to service a part on my quad to bring to back to almost new condition.

How much does it cost you to service a set of shocks that costs a couple grand?
A few hundred for service?

$25.00 is pretty cheap....I think.

25 bucks is cheap!!!.... but whats even better is a man standing behind his product!!!!

And the ease of adjustability, and how easy they actually are to maintain.... You dont need a shop press...or a bigass hammer to service these bars... two allen wrenches and a wrench are all it takes... easy as pie to replace elastomers... and greasable...

What more can you ask for????? Follow up after the sale is more important to me than the initial product, and ATV Fourplay covers that superiorly!!