PDA

View Full Version : My new 2009 450R!

yamaha_maniack
10-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Hey everyone what up!

This last weekend i went and picked up one of these new YFZ 450R's! I already have taken it out on some trails to get used to it and this is the fastest thing i have ever ridden! (besides a car)
It is still stock, but i am going to throw some nerf bars and a kill switch on it and later on possibly an exhaust or a new front end (suspension), but the exhaust and front end wont be for a while.. i might pull off the park brake soon as well.
So far the only thing i have changed on it is the red seat. i couldnt really stand all of the red, and i wanted a black and white color scheme so they let me switch the one off of the special edition. I like the black seat a ton better! plus, the red accent from the frame looks really good.
Now for the pics!

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/revo_maniack/Quad/DSC_0854.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/revo_maniack/Quad/DSC_0855.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/revo_maniack/Quad/DSC_0856.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/revo_maniack/Quad/DSC_0857.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee217/revo_maniack/Quad/DSC_0858.jpg

So there you have it! What do you think?

paintthrower00
10-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Looks good u mind if I ask what you gave for it I baught one about a week ago as well

yamaha_maniack
10-22-2009, 11:14 PM
I paid somewhere around 8000 for mine but I'm not sure about the exacts because I did a trade in for some of our old dirtbikes. I can tell you that I am not missing the dirtbikes much at all though! But does around 8000 sound right to you? Do you mind if I ask how much you dropped on yours? Sorry of I didn't really answer your question though, I would have to look at the receipt again because it's a little confusing with difference of the trade in..
Thanks for the input!

Ride1Rob
10-23-2009, 06:23 AM
Sweet bike man... more than likely the dealership got over on you with your trade ins :ermm: . Hopefully not but you shouldn't have paid 8g's with a trade in. And you said dirtbikes so there's more than one correct? Also, it depends on the condition of your dirtbikes and years as well. One thing I can say, 8g's is the going price walking in the store with nothing. Here in Florida their cheaper than that.

yamaha_maniack
10-23-2009, 07:17 AM
no i didnt pay 8g's after the trade in. ha sorry that was confusing. um i am pretty sure i ended up coming out with more money from the trade than i did putting into the quad, but if you count the loss from the bikes its more. so i traded in 2 2008 enduro 250's (they were 10000 all together) pretty decent shape and pretty low miles. i traded those for the quad but my dealer worked on the price with me a little for the quad. im not sure the price that they gave me for the actual quad but i ended up trading 10g's worth of bikes for this quad.. im not sure what the exact price they were giving me the quad for though. i hope that helps a little..
Thanks!

Ride1Rob
10-23-2009, 07:53 AM
So you don't know what you're paying for on this quad. You don't know either way? That's not good! I suggest you find out.What did they give you for your bikes and what did they sell you the quad for?

paintthrower00
10-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I paid 7400 out the door. With no tradeins it's basically last years model the new year models normally come out in November

yamaha_maniack
10-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Haha alright I figure they gave me 4200 a piece for the bikes, so that's like 8400 and I think they gave me the quad for about 6500-7000 for the quad. I think they gave me a pretty good deal because I was trading a lot in to them. So I came out with around 2000 but not if you count the 2000 loss from the bikes. It pretty much worked out that I traded them straight up.
So anyways what do you guys think? I need to get out and ride again.. Next weekend possible but I don't know how that will work with Halloween and all. Thanks for the input!

Ride1Rob
10-24-2009, 11:32 AM
If the deal was worth it to you that's what matters.

yamaha_maniack
10-24-2009, 05:49 PM
I definately think that the deal was worth it. i started to not want to ride as much on the dirtbikes because i just couldnt menouver as well wit it and i had to be more careful for sand and stuff..

J.Brown121
10-24-2009, 07:03 PM
looks sick man

yamaha_maniack
10-24-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks! But in your opponions, do you guys like the black or the red seat better?
Also, do you guys have any recommendations for me as far as modifications and aftermarket parts go?
Thanks!

yamaha_maniack
10-27-2009, 07:00 PM
also, do you have any recommendations for aftermarket parts or modifications that i should buy/do to my quad since it is still stock?
thanks!

reconmaster
11-04-2009, 08:26 PM
for a-arms recmmend jb racing thats what thomas brown's running i run thier swingarm for my yfz and love it. pep or fox shocks flexxbars i am sponsored by flexx but honestly with my disability they made an improve in limiting back jarring and strain (strapped in)

yamaha_maniack
11-08-2009, 11:43 AM
alright man thanks for the info!