PDA

View Full Version : Shock adjustments

bkelley
10-22-2009, 01:00 AM
Something I overlooked and never messed with. Since I am a pretty big guy at 6'5" and 280lbs, I doubt the stock settings are ideal for me. I do mostly trail riding and don't jump too often, but that's not to say I don't jump at all. Main problem is I don't have a clue where to start. I figure at my weight I should have the rear pretty much as stiff as possible, but I'm probably wrong.

So, where do I start? I'm not interested in any aftermarket shocks, just want to get the best ride for me out of my stocks.

gt400ex
10-22-2009, 01:55 AM
If you have the stock front shocks they are not adjustable. If you do a search you will find a lot of good info on helping set up your year shock. Also if you are looking for adjustable front shocks the cheapest route would be the 450r shocks. Im still waiting on mine so I cant vouch for how they work but most seem to love them for only a 200 dollar upgrade on average.

b.lee
10-22-2009, 06:38 AM
You can adjust the spring rates on all of them.

trailrider894
10-22-2009, 10:45 AM
pm me if you have any more questions i set up those shocks more times than i would i would have liked to.l

TRXRacer1
10-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Just remember, setting the compression and rebound on the rear is the last thing you do. First thing is set the sag for your weight. Even at 285 the stock sag is too tight.