PDA

View Full Version : a arm question please help

spearman_929
10-21-2009, 11:52 PM
ok so if the a armas are plus two does that mean 2in on each side or 1in per side . i know its prob a dumb question but its real late and my mind is wondering

slightlybent47
10-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Not dumb at all.

+2 means +2 on both sides = 4"

spearman_929
10-22-2009, 11:09 AM
thank you much thats what i needed. do you think that is to wide for xc

slightlybent47
10-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't do cx so I realy can't say. I dont think that would be too wide. But again I'm not sure.

Good luck.

dalejiw25
10-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I run XC with my lonestar +2s with no prob. Rarely do I run into a situation. I'm runnin a +4 Durablue rear axle also. "Wide trackin" the only way to Fly.

bigbad400
10-22-2009, 12:43 PM
dont let people tell you it is, i have +3's and i live in northern michigan and i ride in the woods daily and never have i come to a spot were i couldnt get through. if you look at it in my mind youll see why... a stock width yfz 450 is 46.5 inches for the new 2010 yfzx. its a quad designed by a pro gncc racer (bill balance) to be the best in its class stock setup for gncc/xc and trails. my quad with +3's measures at 50 inches. thats 6 inches wider than stock and only 3.5 inches wider than the new yfz. if you have +2's you are gonna be 48 inches. have you ever rode were you need to worry about 1.5-2 inches of space? not me and these are tight nasty woods up here. most trails you dont see that and if you do whats the likely hood that you cant just drive around that particular tree and get back on the trail? you know go out in the woods and find trees that are close and measure at the ground, i bet you dont find a single spot you couldnt go around another way with wider stance. for the cornering stability you gain and the chances of not fitting i definatly dont regret getting the wider arms.

+2's should be more than ok. i dont see any reason +3's wouldnt be.

when you come to a rutted spot do you want to fall in or would you like to stand on top and just drive through? when you loose traction because everyones got the trail slopped up wouldnt you like to be the one still getting packed ground? these were my thaughts. but let people give you there opinions too so you can make up your own mind.

slightlybent47
10-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I ride mx and I love my +2's front and back. I'll put it like this when you're stock and you rail a corner as fast as you can, lets say third gear.
Put plus 2's on there and now same corner only now forth gear flat out.

Makes all the deference in the world.

TRXRacer1
10-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bigbad400
if you look at it in my mind youll see why... a stock width yfz 450 is 46.5 inches for the new 2010 yfzx. its a quad designed by a pro gncc racer (bill balance) to be the best in its class stock setup for gncc/xc and trails. my quad with +3's measures at 50 inches. thats 6 inches wider than stock and only 3.5 inches wider than the new yfz. Do you think using a purpose built quad that is narrower then yours helps the argument?:ermm: