PDA

View Full Version : A/C Swing arm skid plate

REC
01-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey, have any of you had a A/C swing arm skid plate crack at any of the welds. Mine is cracked on the right side of the skid plate. I contacted them and they just offered to reweld it if I send it back to them. The crack runs right down the center of the weld.
I was hoping to hear them say send it back and we will replace.
lol!

Pappy
01-15-2003, 11:36 AM
unfortunately ac rear skids blow. not because they want them too...but the other manufactures have just built better ones. prm....pro tect etc. sucks for u dude....get it fixed or get PRM. they seem to hold up alot longer.

01-15-2003, 11:48 AM
very common problem dude..my AC skid is being used as an ashtray now...:huh

desertratt45
01-15-2003, 08:05 PM
when you e-mailed me at work. i said i would either fix it or replace if it was bad enough.

TRFOXX
01-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I have had good luck with my AC skid plate. Its been on for 2 years now and havent had a problem with it. I did bend it once where the brake rotor is but an ajustable wrench bent it back. I always here how they suck but so far Ive had good luck with it, and its been hrough ****.

REC
01-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Guess I'll get a PRM next time

REC
01-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Desertratt45,

You did not mention replacing it. Here is your e-mail.

hi richard,
sorry it cracked on you !what you can do if you access to a heliarc welder is weld it your self or if you want to send it back to us we can reweld it for you. if you send it back, e-mail chris at "sales@acracing.com" for the proper way of going about sending it back.
thanx
eric

desertratt45
01-16-2003, 05:18 PM
sorry dude my mistake i thought i had said i would replace it if it where bad enough. i some times get a head of my self when typing. i am a fabricator not a typest! lolol! but it does hold up if its bad enough i'll replace it!

Pappy
01-16-2003, 05:22 PM
damn nice of ac to offer to replace it. i sure as **** wouldnt....no offence...just that we as offroaders know we are gonna beat chit to death. ask ac if you can upgrade to thier heavier skid:)

AtvMxRider
01-16-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Rico
very common problem dude..my AC skid is being used as an ashtray now...:huh

What? I thought you quit smoking.:mad:

REC
01-17-2003, 10:34 AM
Desertratt45,

I think I will take you up on this and send it in. What ever you think is the best route once you get it is fine with me. Someone mentioned a heavy duty skid plate. Do you offer this?
I will e-mail you at work when I get ready to send it in.
Thanks again for standing behind your product.
Kudo's to A/C!!
:D

luvmyex
01-17-2003, 11:29 AM
I'm disapointed with my AC skid to.I have had to beat it out about 2 times a month to keep it off the chain and rotor,It has several cracks at the welds from doing this too.