PDA

View Full Version : HELP -first time to treverton to ride

pedalspinner
10-21-2009, 05:52 PM
A buddy and I are planning to get up to treverton area on the 30th of this month. I am hoping to get info. from someone about where to park, not getting in trouble, etc. We have been there by truck, climbed the coal hill, and know where the parking lot is up on the hill to the south west of the main coal hill.
Any help will be appreciated. I'll check in on this thread.
-THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL RESPONSES

gabespal
10-24-2009, 07:52 PM
30th may not be a good day. I believe they hunt in that area. No hunting in Pa. on Sundays

pedalspinner
10-25-2009, 06:45 PM
thanks for the response.

1- Is it an unwritten rule, etc. to ride up there on a Saturday during hunting seasons?

I know I would be upset if someone on a 2 stroke spooked my game.

2- Are we asking for trouble?

3- Would it be much less trouble to just go up on Sunday the 31st of October

gabespal
10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Just got back from a great run at Trevorton. Over 40 miles of some great trails, much of it new, and I've been there about 10 times this year. Ten times and I'm still finding new stuff.

I have yet to see a deer in all the times I've riden there, but I have seen deer stands. With that said, I don't think I would want to be the one to tick off the local guy who may have limited opportunities to enjoy a day hunting and I roll up on him with my quad. So to your 1st question I would think it would be good stewartship not to ride on legal hunting days. Any locals reading this please post your thoughts.

To your second point I would say "yes", unless someone with more knowledge of the area than me tells you otherwise.

To your 3rd question I would say Sunday (Nov 1) is a much better chioce. I might be there then as well.

Do you run with GPS, and if so what mapping program do you use?

pedalspinner
11-03-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't use any mapping tools.

We will probably be up the weekend of 14/15.

hopefully on Sunday. would still appreciate advice on where to park, etc.

I ride a yz125. powerband or no power at all. LOL

gabespal
11-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Hey peddlespinner, how was your ride this weekend?

pedalspinner
11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
despite fresh top end and flipping the rear tire, I cancelled going.
As of Saturday, I now have a possible opportunity to pick up a 08' yz450F with aftermarket suspension, hubs, rims, etc., breakaway levers, motorwork, etc. for a great price. I know the owner and its maintenance and have ridden it before. For the next little while until I speak to my wife about it, I am being the great "get it done" ( honey dew list) to increase my odds. I still have all the info you provided saved and I still intend to get up there this year (even if cold weather). I will fill you in once it takes place. thanks for the follow up.