PDA

View Full Version : question

draygarcia
10-21-2009, 05:37 PM
ok i put my pipe on and now my bike is idling high when i holding the clutch in and when it in nuetral and i dont know nothing on how fuel injected bikes work so i mean on a carbrated one you just adjust the screw but why it doing this or how i can idle it down thanks

TNT
10-21-2009, 09:23 PM
I heard there was an idle screw by the throttle body but I never looked yet and I don't have a manual or a quad here to look it up for you. I looked at some diagrams online but did not find it. Maybe someone can help Dray.

draygarcia
10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
o kcould you find out and see if you find out where it at and maybe help me find it if there is one i look around on my bike to see what i find but ya if you could help thanks tnt

TNT
10-22-2009, 12:31 AM
See # 5 thats an idle bypass valve it allows idle air in when the throttle valve(butter fly valve the big one inside the throttle body is closed at idle). Look on this throttle body or around #5 for a idle air adjusting screw. I'll ask my son tomorrow, I think he might know.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/convert.gif

Aussie_YFZ450
10-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Idle is set by the ECU, there is an adjustment screw but it is set and sealed at the factory and not advisable to move it. Other things are calibrated from it. If you change it, it throws other things out.

If your having trouble with idle speed, get your TPS calibrated at your dealer with BUDS. If it makes no difference get them to test the resistance on the IACV

draygarcia
10-22-2009, 04:03 PM
ok thanks that kinda sucks my dealer is about 250 miles away and last time i took it ot them the didnt even really know how to work on it or anything really about my bike it was the first one the ever worked on and it was just for the first service so i dont know does it matter if i just leave it and ride it the way it is or would i mess it up

BCS Performance
10-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Your idle is controlled by the idle valve on the diagram it is #5 Check to make sure there is no ai leaks and this is woking properly.

draygarcia
10-22-2009, 09:55 PM
ok i do it tomorrow i check and let you know what i find thank you

nvrpmx
10-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey Draygarcia not sure were you live in N.M but one of the can-am factory riders lives in N.M also you might be able to look him up and he might be able to help you out some or point you in the right direction his name is Dillon Zimmerman.

draygarcia
10-28-2009, 08:10 PM
ok thanks i look around for him