PDA

View Full Version : What in the hell is wrong with kids...

416exfreak
10-21-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/20/new.york.school.plot/index.html

Your thoughts?

extremeblastr
10-21-2009, 09:48 AM
i'll bet it made the kids that bullied him think twice about doing it to anyone again

fandl450r
10-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I think that kids today are becoming meaner and meaner, and say a lot of hurtful things to each other with no realization of how it may affect somone. Not that I agree with what the kid was planning on doing. But kids can be cruel.

matt14c
10-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Its the governments fault for taking religion out of schools and allowing kids to sue there parents if they get punished. So then they have to take actions into there own hands.

J.Brown121
10-21-2009, 11:22 AM
i think that it's the parents fault. their lack of knowing what's going on in their kids life is what prolly could have stopped this kid from going the route he did. if they actually talked to him they could have helped him through this whole situation. my parents were great in high school and still in college. if i had a problem i would just go talk to them and see how they felt on the situation, and they were honest about all of it.

fandl450r
10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by matt14c
Its the governments fault for taking religion out of schools and allowing kids to sue there parents if they get punished. So then they have to take actions into there own hands.

Please tell me you're joking about the religion thing.

Religion should NOT be allowed in school period.

derekhonda
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by fandl450r
I think that kids today are becoming meaner and meaner, and say a lot of hurtful things to each other with no realization of how it may affect somone. Not that I agree with what the kid was planning on doing. But kids can be cruel.

I think it's not so much kids are getting meaner, I just think kids are getting softer. I don't know maybe a mix between the two. Used to be you hurt my feelings, i'll meet you on the playground. Now its you hurt my feelings, I'm gonna grab a knife or a gun and we can settle it.

It's also the lack of punishment. I remember being younger and if you messed up and dad had to take his belt off...you better be running for cover. Now, dad goes to jail and little boy never learns a lesson that his actions have a consequence.

b.lee
10-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Bad parenting

ATVMX33
10-21-2009, 01:22 PM

Religion should NOT be allowed in school period.

why do you say that?? This country was founded on religion

reptikes
10-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33

Are you serious?!

JR3
10-21-2009, 01:33 PM

completely off track but it was nice to meet u over the weekend dude we had a blast track was nice on monday. u shoulda stayed and partied with us sunday night. u racing this weekend?

ATVMX33
10-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by JR3
completely off track but it was nice to meet u over the weekend dude we had a blast track was nice on monday. u shoulda stayed and partied with us sunday night. u racing this weekend?

yeah..haha...sounds like you had a wild night:D
i'm racing autocross this weekend..u doing any racing?

fandl450r
10-21-2009, 01:54 PM

Why? I'll just put it this way, education and religion just don't mix, especially when we're talking about public schools.

rollie
10-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Why? I'll just put it this way, education and religion just don't mix, especially when we're talking about public schools.

Agreed not everyone has the same religious beliefs and theres no need of it in the public school system, for parents that think its wrong, catholic school would be glad to have the students im sure.

cosinostra
10-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I think it's not so much kids are getting meaner, I just think kids are getting softer.

I think this is true... Too many kids don't get to loose when playing sports, told they can play when they suck at it and everyone babies them to death. Then when they get out in the real world they become that a-hole that nobody likes because they always rat you out for getting in thier a** when they screw something up. They get thier feelings hurt to easy. Suck it up wimps!! Grow a pair..

By the way. It's not ok to kill people when they hurt your feelings.

spanky101
10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
I think there are many many influences these days and most of them can be negative to certain people. Alot of kids say crap that they shouldnt be saying, but in the same token there are alot of kids who just cant take a joke and get all up tight and butt hurt when someone makes a joke. Loosen up and enjoy being young! Also, horrible parenting comes into play, I mean if you never have any sort of punishment your more then likely going to take things different then others who have grown up in a style that has consequences. I could go on for days but we will cut it short :blah:

10-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I love how they threw in that it was Hitlers B-day lol

JR3
10-21-2009, 08:17 PM
yeah..haha...sounds like you had a wild night:D
i'm racing autocross this weekend..u doing any racing?

im racing atco. good luck at auto cross. let me know how u do man

ATVMX33
10-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JR3
im racing atco. good luck at auto cross. let me know how u do man

haha...will do
good luck...i'll see u at fall classic...or i mean you will see my grab bar..haha

Tommy Warren
10-21-2009, 09:04 PM
If the kid was planning on attacking his school in april and he already got busted in october I don't think he's the brightest anyways.....

J.Brown121
10-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
If the kid was planning on attacking his school in april and he already got busted in october I don't think he's the brightest anyways.....

you don't have to be a genius to pull a trigger

250R-Dee
10-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

You do realize 2010 and the rest of the years also have an APRIL.:D

bmxican345
10-22-2009, 04:01 AM

Can anyone say scopes?

Just a prime example of how religion actively hinders education.

CannondaleRider
10-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee

...That was his point, I'm sure.... April, next year.

derekhonda
10-22-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
...That was his point, I'm sure.... April, next year.

Nah...

October, Novermber, April, December!

F-16Guy
10-22-2009, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by reptikes
Are you serious?!

LMAO!! You can sure tell where schools make cuts when money gets tight!

JR3
10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
haha...will do
good luck...i'll see u at fall classic...or i mean you will see my grab bar..haha

of course i will see ur grab bar im gonna have to see it when i lap ya haha

kyledvor61
10-22-2009, 03:04 PM

Religion should NOT be allowed in school period. +1 i hope your joking

ATVMX33
10-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JR3
of course i will see ur grab bar im gonna have to see it when i lap ya haha

we will see at the track i guess.....need some new tires first though..haha

Nac's22
10-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Thats crazy that is only about 10-15 min from my house.

Tommy Warren
10-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by 250R-Dee

:huh wha????

ATV Chic
10-22-2009, 09:54 PM
i agree with the kids not being taught how to lose at sports being an issue here, but i also think a big part of the problem is kids not being taught right and wrong, as well as morals, jmo:(

3ddds400ex
10-25-2009, 09:52 PM
seems like you guys are not into religion so i wont go their. I was brought up in a religous home and if i did anything wrong I got the s*** beat out of me. we learned fast. Parents need to go back to the old ways and kick some a**.

MOFO
10-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by b.lee
Bad parenting

bingo.

Why does everyone expect the public school to raise their kids!?!?