PDA

View Full Version : old riding area in potosi,mo. still open?

exrider4life
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
i remember like nearly 10 years ago, when i was in grade school. My dad used to take us riding outside of potosi at an old mine tailings area.. From what i remember, there was alot of sand that wasn't flat like st.joe. lol. Also a bunch of trails. Curious if anyone has been out there lately and what its status is. I heard a few years ago they began mining there again. thanks for any info, steve.

TRXman86
10-23-2009, 12:21 AM
You may want to sign up and ask over here at D-18 site. If anyone would know, someone there would...

http://www.district18.info/phpBB2/index.php

jetta75
10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
If your talking about Ebo's not sure how it is now. Had a big sand hill that you'd jump up to flat land. When I was there about 5 years ago we rode for about 3-4 hours. We saw a truck and ignored it for awhile. Couple of the guys rode over by it to check it out and it was a guard or something and he told us to leave. He couldn't have done anything if they didn't go over there. Didn't get any tickets or anything. I think if you live near there its no big deal, but if you park there you may get into trouble or asked to leave. I google earthed it a couple months ago and still saw trails, but not sure how old pics are.

exrider4life
10-27-2009, 09:42 PM
ebo's. thats it !. couldn't remember the name lol.. But yah, use to be some decent riding i thought. But i'm not a local. i live about 45min from there. So like you said, parking out there somewhere could be pretty risky. I thought about takin my jeep out there and checkin it out here soon and see whats going on with it. Always lookin for new places to ride... and old places of course.