PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Fan"s !!!!!!

backwoodsracer
10-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I AM A HUGE CAROLINA HURRICANE FAN

Who's yall's team so I know who I dont like during hockey season:devil: hahaha

matt14c
10-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Colorado Avalanche Fan here and whoever is playing the dead wings!!!! See you friday! :devil:

Quad18star
10-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Edmonton Oilers !!!!

spanky101
10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
LETS GO REIGNING CHAMPS!

10-20-2009, 10:15 PM
The DUCKS... only cause my buddie plays for them.

Dan_Guetter
10-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Jigsaw
10-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Penguins :D

10-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Pens...

dns1764
10-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Bruins all the way

habs suck!

godzilla
10-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by dns1764
Bruins all the way

habs suck!

Habs all the way

Chara and Lucic are lovers...

Quad18star
10-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Bruins all the way

habs suck!

My second choice would be the Bruins .

I agree ... the Habs suck... never liked them even though they have a wealth of talent on the team.

godzilla
10-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
My second choice would be the Bruins .

I agree ... the Habs suck... never liked them even though they have a wealth of talent on the team.

Like who? Oh you mean the ONE LINE that they have?

Gionta - Cammalleri - Gomez ?

Thay have nothing else.

We have molasses on defence with Hal Gill, and three other lines of underachievers and fill ins.

Oh, and George Laraque who has now decided that eating meat is a sin.

God help us.

Quad18star
10-21-2009, 10:03 AM
The three guys listed .. plus D'Agostini, Georges, Bergeron, Markov, Kostitsyn, Moen.

The only guy that ins't producing right now is Price... too much pressure I suspect. But he'll get better as the season goes on .. he's a slow starter.

godzilla
10-21-2009, 11:59 AM
The three guys listed .. plus D'Agostini, Georges, Bergeron, Markov, Kostitsyn, Moen.

The only guy that ins't producing right now is Price... too much pressure I suspect. But he'll get better as the season goes on .. he's a slow starter.

Markov is gone for the season as far as Im concerned. Montreal is going to be so desperate to make the playoffs that they will have him back in the lineup too early and he will get injured again.

As for the other guys.....puhlease.

Georges is proven to be solid defensively, but is not anywhere near being the quarterback that we are missing in Markov.

As for Bergeron, there is a reason as to why nobody picked him up as a free agent...

Kostitsyn is the rebirth of Kovalev....without the talent. Just plain lazy.

Moen is a third liner who will only score if pucks bounce off of him if he is standing in front of the net.

D'agostini...kinda like my paycheck once my wife gets hold of it...nowhere to be found.

As for Price, I think its a question of maturity. He gets dicouraged too quickly and loses his concentratuion.

Athough I am a Habs fan, I am realistic about their chances this year. I think Chicago and Pittsburgh will be the teams to beat.

Quad18star
10-21-2009, 12:08 PM
I dont know man .... my views and your views are on different tracks. Do I think they are cup contenders? No ... but i still think they have a lot of talent that has the potential to put them in the top 3 of their division.

Chicago .... possibly a contender.

Pittsburgh ... not this year.

Are you in any of the fantasy pools ... if not sign up. We'll see how we fare at the end of the season . ;)

dns1764
10-21-2009, 02:12 PM
watch out for the bruins. they may not be doing great right now but look at the past 2 years. they had a strong showing in the postseason

godzilla
10-21-2009, 02:33 PM
watch out for the bruins. they may not be doing great right now but look at the past 2 years. they had a strong showing in the postseason

really? you're not watcvhing the same post seasons as I am...did you mean pre-season maybe?

godzilla
10-21-2009, 02:36 PM
potential

This is the key word...potential. The thing is that Gainey has been using this word for the past 4 years with nothing to show for, then he gets rid of 13 players, and picks up 3 bonafide talented hockey players. The rest are just "'potential" but never live up to it when its important. That is why the Habs will struggle once again to make the playoffs and get run over again in the first round by whoever they meet.

Im not in any pools, by the way.

Jigsaw
10-21-2009, 04:49 PM

Pittsburgh ... not this year.

Why not? I think they have a fair chance to pull it out again.

cosinostra
10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
GO PENGUINS!!!!

10-21-2009, 05:13 PM
have you seen any penguins games yet? even as big of a fan as i am, i thought a repeat was out of the question, but after seeing a few games(i've missed most due to my work schedule), i am pleasantly surprised at the new guys. the team is gelling even better than last year. they seem to be able to force their opponents to make mistakes that cost them. they are resilient and bounce back after each goal scored. they don't let up and they are not rely on their stars(malkin and crosby) to put the puck in the net...i think they are much better than last year...by a long shot...

and the biggest surprise to me is fluery...i have never been a fan of "the flower", but i have seen a marked improvement in his game...my 2 biggest complaints with him was his allowance of soft goals and his rebound control...so far, he hasn't let that be a problem...as long as he keeps this up, he'll be as good as evey one has thought him to be...

Quad18star
10-22-2009, 08:11 AM
The next greatest hockey coach in hockey history.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CdJTfGiRCI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CdJTfGiRCI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TM426
10-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Im a Hawks fan but, I dont know how far they will make it this season. Burish is out for like 8 months or so because of his ACL and Habi being gone really sets us back. Huet has started the season horribly. Niemi has played great but I dont think he is playoff material yet.

godzilla
10-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by TM426
Niemi has played great but I dont think he is playoff material yet.

At this point in the season, nobody is playoff material yet.

TM426
10-23-2009, 04:58 PM
This is Niemi's first NHL season. He came from the Rockford Icehogs (AHL). Even if this was the end of the season he wouldnt be ready for the playoffs. Huet needs a ton of work just like last season.