PDA

View Full Version : Stonger front bumper?

mattn03
10-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I was able to break the two upper mounting point welds on my AC Racing front bumper over the weekend. It bottomed out and hit the ground when going down a steep hill. What are some strong bumpers, and provide great front end protection, yet provide great ground clearance?

bergoff
10-19-2009, 09:28 PM
i like some prm bumpers.

bkelley
10-19-2009, 09:30 PM
I think I'm going to get a UM Racing bumper. They look pretty durable. PRM does have some nice stuff, too.

Here's a link to some UM bumpers: http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=um+400ex+bumper+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Pipeless416
10-19-2009, 09:53 PM
im sure you've seen it before, but if it was a hard enough hit to ruin your bumper, imagine what would break if you're bumper was stronger than the hit. somethings gotta give. anyway, im completely happy with my IMS classic bumper. i can't speak on behalf of any others though.

mattn03
10-20-2009, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
im sure you've seen it before, but if it was a hard enough hit to ruin your bumper, imagine what would break if you're bumper was stronger than the hit. somethings gotta give.

I agree completely. When I meant I want a strong bumper, I mean equally strong to the AC Racing bumper, not a cheap flimsy Ebay special made in China for $20...lol

I'm hoping a coworker can weld the aluminum so I don't have to buy a new one actually.