PDA

View Full Version : Float stuck?

moto33
10-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi, i finally go this LT80 running great after so many carb problems. The thing ran great till I found a huge gas puddle in my toy hauler(I was pissed to say the least). It's leaking from the intake manifold. Has anyone else seen this? I'm pretty sure the float is stuck but I was wondering if im not the only one with this issue. Thanks!

pacman
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
if the float was stuck, wouldn't the gas leak out of the carb overflow tube? Is your overflow tube clogged possibly? I'm just wondering why it would be coming out of the mainifold...

LT80
10-20-2009, 07:08 AM
There is no overflow tube.
Anyways, To save a 100 reply post, let's sum it up by you installing a 3 dollar on/off valve to the fuel line. I see them at the autozone in the lawn mower section.

moto33
10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Good call. I was going to replace the petcock but the bolts just turn inside the tank. I like your plan B.

detoxic1
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
I have same problem..do you think a carb rebuild kit and a pet cock kit will fix it ?

LT80
10-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Welcome to the forums detoxic1.
Surely it could and should.
Here's how I look at it.
New petcock: Zuki=$50+.. Banshee petcock $20.
Carb kit=?? don't Know, never bought one in 15 years.
On/off like every other bike and quad, $3-4 bucks..
Whatever floats your boat. :)

moto33
10-27-2009, 10:22 AM
So I can finally shut the gas off now. Bought a cheap gas valve. I just have to shut the gas off right after I power the motor off or the motor just fills up with gas and the plug gets fouled. I wish there was a better solution but at least the thing runs. Thanks for your help.

LT80
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
IMO, We are spoiled with the vaccum petcock. Every dirt bike made for years can and would fill the motor with gas if not shut off. All of a sudden Zuki gets a idea and we think it should be perfect. LOL :D :D

Some have had the petcock vaccum thingie stick, some the float needle and seat bad, some have adjusted the float but only if your float has the metal piece. 90% of the ones I see the float is all plastic and no metal piece to adjust (bend).

The on/off may seem to be a hack job but it really is the best fix.