PDA

View Full Version : Cooling Fan Shouldn't it go on at 65 F?

slambe14
10-19-2009, 05:05 PM
I was reading the cooling fan chat about what turns it on and off. On a 65 F degree day after riding for 3 hours it never turned on. Is this right? I have about 8 hours on it so far, new 08 DS450 with updates. I suspect you can hear it at idle, I have checked several times to see if it was turning and nothing. thoughts??

Also 2 out of the 3 bulbs didn't work. Engine light was easily, it should be on, before cranking. Fuel light found out the hard way.

Thanks

PArider
10-19-2009, 09:20 PM
The same thing happend to me with my buld except it was only the gas light..i too had found out the hard way. My buld was actually broke because the hole it set in was to small, and the tabs on the side of the bulb would actually press in to far and shatter the bulb. So if your dealer replace the buld and it doesnt work again that could be the problem.

Blizzard24
10-20-2009, 04:39 AM
Your fan probably didnt need to come on at 65*F, unless you were really on the gas hard for those three hours. Until I added the Race ECU from Can AM, the fan hardly came on even in 85*F weather under race conditions.