PDA

View Full Version : KTM or Can-Am? or even 450?????

Diesel101
10-19-2009, 10:34 AM
ok so I've been debating for at least 2years now about getting a new quad. when I heard kawisaki was coming out with a 450 it literally kick-started my heart again.

currently i have a 2006 DS650X, I love it...power is great, top end is amazing, looks mean as hell...and is RELIABLE AS ALL HELL. BUT its just to heavy when i have to turn it around on tight trails.

SO, KTM and Rotax... I trust rotax, i was really concerned with all the negative posts i hear on the web about how the DS450 is a pile of crap, over heating, cracks in the block... but after talking to Ron Wood yesterday, he said that the one they have is 100% solid. no overheating, even in a the shop where they lit it sit and run (no moving air).

KTM is about the same price, I can get a new 450XC for $5,999 without and haggling... not bad

I'm sure I could go to my local dealer and get a Can-Am for less. What does everyone on here think?

Know anyone with a USED either?

ZX11
10-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I picked a new in crate 08 DS 450 because I got it shipped to my door for less than $4k. I only wanted something different from my wife's 650i Brute Force that was also cheap. Otherwise, everything else being equal, you might want to look at how good a dealer each make of ATV has in your area. Good support could be important.

spanky101
10-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Having a good dealer is crutial. It depends what you want and how much you want to spend. Personally speaking I love the ktm's but that my personal preference. Both machines will put a smile on your face from ear to ear!

Diesel101
10-20-2009, 03:56 PM
ya, I don't think I can trust any of the dealerships. I know they're all hard up for cash right now and that means I have a bargining chip. I've seen some DS450X xc's going for $7,700 around here, which means I could probably roll in with a check for $6,000 and they'd take it.