PDA

View Full Version : ouch lower end

310Rduner
01-14-2003, 11:24 PM
i was at my mechanic friends house, and we were dissambling my entire motor to check out other stuff, mostly because i ripped it out for rebuild, annd we thought we might as well since this was first time into the lower end. welllll $$$$$$$

heres the total list of broken crap.

waterpump seals--blown--- 28$
New Counter Balancer Bearing Holder-cracked-2 places- 30$
Water pump shaft--broken near impeller---28$
New Transmission 3rd and 4th Mainshaft (18 + 21T)--pitted/damaged---82$
New Transmission 3rd Gear Countershaft 30T(mate gear) ----damaged from other gear---72$

clutch rod bearing -- anyone know price?

Cluth arm shifter shaft (push rod?)

and does anyone know if you can add bearings to the balancer shaft assemply when they go bad, the bearing came loose, and bounced around all in tat little area, but were unable to do anything else to the lower end.
the book says if those bearings go you need to replace that entire assemply, and i just wanted to double check that and how much that part is going to ream my pocketbook.

hopefully that isnt too much, because if that last part isnt outrageous i will be able to keep all of this managable.

lmfao after all that can i still say i was amazed the the overall quality of my lower end for an 86?
luckily all other gears were perfect, along with stator my 88 crank and the other expensive shi&*

:(

Predator36
01-15-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by 310Rduner

and does anyone know if you can add bearings to the balancer shaft assemply when they go bad, the bearing came loose, and bounced around all in tat little area, but were unable to do anything else to the lower end.
the book says if those bearings go you need to replace that entire assemply, and i just wanted to double check that and how much that part is going to ream my pocketbook.

hopefully that isnt too much, because if that last part isnt outrageous i will be able to keep all of this managable.

:(

You can buy that bearing for $15.00 or less.

310Rduner
01-15-2003, 07:00 PM
bump