PDA

View Full Version : Question for Chris Waters or anybody that polishes

gojk
01-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Here is a pic of my pipe and I was wondering how you get the places that are circled polished. I can get anything in there. I have a few other small buffing wheels but I don't think they will even work. Also, do you coat your parts (ie side cases) with some sort of clear coat? If so what?

01-14-2003, 11:24 PM
I am no polishing pro but since no one had answered you.

You need to either remove the elblem and re pop rivit it back or use a smaller pad like the ones on a dremell etc.

As far as clear coating it I have not tried it yet but hope to soon. Kenny (pappy) claims to get decent results but it does change the appearence when powder coated.

muff
01-15-2003, 04:34 AM
I don't think you'll need to take the emblems out, I havent hit paint or stuff like that with a buffing wheel so I don't know what would happen

you can get a can of clear coat for around $12 from www.eastwoodcompany.com

oldsandman
01-15-2003, 09:48 AM
My girlfriend has the yosh...I drilled out the pop rivets and then polished it. Be careful to just remove the head of the rivet when you drill. Then just pop rivet it back on when your done polishing. I didn't clear coat it but the pipe is still like a mirror one year later. I am a little obsessed with keeping them clean though.

Pappy
01-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by muff
I don't think you'll need to take the emblems out, I havent hit paint or stuff like that with a buffing wheel so I don't know what would happen

you can get a can of clear coat for around $12 from www.eastwoodcompany.com

^----what he said...cheap and works great!!!!

cjpoole1
01-15-2003, 12:48 PM
you should be able to get it with a buff cone. they are available though eastwood

gojk
01-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
you shouldbe able to get it with a buff cone. thet are available though eastwood

I have one of those and still couldn't get it. I have the small buff wheels that I have not tried yet.
Also, is there something special in the clear coat that I should look for when buying it. Like heat resistant or made for metals.

Sparks425Ex
01-15-2003, 06:40 PM
How much are thos little polishing cones,?

muff
01-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
How much are thos little polishing cones,?

$5

CBW
01-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Here is a pic of my pipe and I was wondering how you get the places that are circled polished. I can get anything in there. I have a few other small buffing wheels but I don't think they will even work. Also, do you coat your parts (ie side cases) with some sort of clear coat? If so what?

Well obvioulsy i am a little late and everybody already answered your question just about.

I would try the wheels and compound.........but even easier is just to remove the tag.

As far as coating the part......no i dont. I just use a polish called Heavy Metal polish. Best polish on earth;)