PDA

View Full Version : Best way to clean motor?

steve181
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Looking to get alot of my parts back to the stock shine

i would to start @ the motor
any tips on what i can do/use to shine it back up?

HoleshotR15
10-19-2009, 09:44 AM
When i wash my quad, I use either simple green or purple power. I found they work the best, and dont harm the finish, just dont spray it on while the cases are hot. DONT use castrol super clean, it ate the finish away on my 05 450r. Best way i could describe it would be like if they were stains on the cases and the jug.
After you wash the quad use, no touch tire shine. The clear coat not the foam. Its a purple can, spray it everywhere, start the quad up let it cake on the engine it gives it a real nice shine.

tayyo789
10-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I used carb cleaner and a wire brush. The wire brush was a little rough, but it scrubbed the tough stuff out. It turned out looking really nice, but if I look close enough I can spot some scratches in the aluminum, but they almost shine like I sanded it. From just looking at it like normal, its got a cool effect I think

Scro
10-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Simple Green and a little elbow grease will get it fairly clean. The best way to keep it from getting ugly again is to clean it while the mud is still wet. Letting the mud sit is what causes the cases to stain.

bobizzle
10-21-2009, 08:36 AM
i always use simple green to clean up the engine, and i have some colonel brassy that i use to polish up my jug and cylinder. we go ride in red dirt, and the dirt stains it bad. a good thing to use it a firm plastic bristle brush to scrubb dirt off. also, i spray wd40 or silicone on the dike after it is clean, to keep the dirt from building up.

Trxman300
11-14-2009, 09:13 AM
i use some WD-40 and an old tooth brush. works awesome! just spray some on, get a tooth brush and scubb untill the dirt is lifted from the case and just rinse it away. simple as that.