View Full Version : Good reason to boycott MONSTER

RIDEREDson
10-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Saw this on another thread, thought I would share this....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbG_woqXTeg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kbG_woqXTeg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10-18-2009, 09:09 PM
damn it I just bought one this morning

powermadd400ex
10-18-2009, 09:17 PM
nvrm

NJ450rider
10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow isnt that some crap. How can you tell someone to stop making a product that isnt even the same as yours? Since when does a beer have anything to do with a non alcoholic drink? Just because it has the word monster in it? Its called vermonster not just monster. Diff kind of beverage and diff kind of name. Any common sense tells you that there is no way you can tell someone to stop making something that isnt the same product!

What a shame i liked monster too........

Tommy Warren
10-18-2009, 09:40 PM
LOL you got owned:p if he would have started an energy drink brewery in his basement he could have bought monster but he just wanted to get drunk all the time.....:blah:

rollie
10-18-2009, 09:52 PM
wow, i don't buy monster to begin with but that is very low of monster to try to take down a company with SEVEN employee's because there one of there beers has the same word in it.

tp300ex
10-18-2009, 10:08 PM
yall most not have caught on they want to take vermonster out because it messes monster up if they want to put there name in the beer or alcohol business...

JLanphear
10-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Yeah I'm from VT and I don't even drink the local brews but this is pretty messed up...pretty stupid :rolleyes: . No more Monster for me.

dankbud42o
10-18-2009, 10:44 PM
f monster. hes got the same name as my brother lol

Guy400
10-19-2009, 05:43 AM
That's really unfortunate. The sadder part is that Monster is already owned by Anheuser-Busch who already makes beer under a ton of other names.

10-19-2009, 06:26 AM
more corporate greed ruining america...

i have never drank a monster drink, nor will i ever...

JLanphear
10-19-2009, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
more corporate greed ruining america...

i have never drank a monster drink, nor will i ever...

I think they put crack in them or something.

I hadn't tried one for the longest time, but had a friend who was addicted to them. He had me try one, one day and I thought it was absolutely nasty.

However, for some odd reason about 3 days later I had an unexplainable craving for one that didn't really go away. So I bought one, still didn't really like the taste, but drank it all. Then every single day for a couple weeks straight I had to buy one every time I went to the store. Luckily I have since kicked the habit, but it was pretty strange...haha.

Anyway, this story is still pretty unbelievable. I hope it really get's out there and impacts the Monster brand.

meankfx
10-19-2009, 07:33 AM
Thats ****ty

TrapZ400
10-19-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Guy400
That's really unfortunate. The sadder part is that Monster is already owned by Anheuser-Busch who already makes beer under a ton of other names.
Busch doesnt own monster. Hansen Natural owns monster. They just have a distribution agreement with Busch.

Guy400
10-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Busch doesnt own monster. Hansen Natural owns monster. They just have a distribution agreement with Busch. My apologies. A woman I know works for Budweiser and she's always getting free cases of Monster. When I asked her where it came from she said Anheuser-Busch owned them and that's why they distribute it.

hypersnyper6947
10-19-2009, 12:31 PM
No more monster for me, not that i ever like it anyways but thats just wrong, im a small business owner and i can somewhat relate to this guy. What a shytty company monster is.

tri5ron
10-19-2009, 12:38 PM
I just signed the petition, and here is a copy of the letter I sent to the Hansen company who owns Monster Energy Drinks.

This note to Hansen co.,
Not only will I IMMEDIATELY "Cease and Disist" of ever purchasing another product produced by your company, ...

I being a small business owner, and recreational homebrewer, will alert a very large community of homebrewing clubs and organizations, as well as all of my customers, of your dispicable actions.
Additionally, I being a volunteer for the SCORE International Racing Series, and work EVERY Baja 500, and Baja 1000 Race,
will make that community of race teams aware of your current pursuit against this reputable company.

I truly hope that they will also respond accordingly.
Hopefully when people like Robby Gordon, and all of his loyal fans hear about this, your company will feel it in the shorts, as well as your sales and sponsorships.

BTW- Robby Gordon's racing headquarters in Anaheim, Ca. is about a 5 minute drive from my own company's location, and I have spoke with him on occaision. I think I may need to go pay him a visit today, to see how he feels about this.
I'd love to see him change his sponsorship from Monster to something else.
Gee, I wonder if Rockstar would like to have their name splattered all over his raceteam ???

Leave Rock Art Brewery ALONE, or choose to be exposed and hopefully you will lose in the end.
sincerly, Ron Stephen

We'll see who ends up losing more business over this. Your (now deleted) comment of "Nobody cares, get a life" , couldn't be further from the truth.
the fact of the matter is, Alot of decent people DO CARE, and will pull together to fight such injustices

TrapZ400
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM
wow dude monster is getting some bad press from this! I wonder if their going to back down and let the dude keep the name. I wonder if monster is doing this because they want to get into the beer industry? It would make since then to eliminate vermonster.

mysticfalcon
10-19-2009, 12:46 PM
The Rock art tastes better anyway.
Why couldnt they just let the Monster be the pre-ride beverage and Vermonster be the post-ride beverage.

10-19-2009, 12:58 PM
it's all about $$$...in their twisted corporate eyes, he chose to add the "monster" part to gain some of monsters buyers and use the"fame" of monsters name to sell his beer...corporate america sucks

TrapZ400
10-19-2009, 01:04 PM
it's all about $$$...in their twisted corporate eyes, he chose to add the "monster" part to gain some of monsters buyers and use the"fame" of monsters name to sell his beer...corporate america sucks
Your exactly right!

Guy400
10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
If this wasn't so serious for this guy it's almost laughable. Monster now has exclusive rights to that word altogether? Nobody better be baking a monster pizza or grilling up a monster hamburger because Monster Energy may take you to court. Monster Lo-Carb was my #3 choice in the energy drink arena, now it's completely off the list.

tri5ron
10-19-2009, 01:36 PM
it's all about $$$...in their twisted corporate eyes, he chose to add the "monster" part to gain some of monsters buyers and use the"fame" of monsters name to sell his beer...corporate america sucks This could not be any further from the truth !
You have no idea what you are talking about.

there are MANY different craft-brews with the word "monster" as part of their name, and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with an energy drink.

the brew that Rock Art brewery chose to name as "Vermonster" is a heavy Barleywine style of brew, that has a alcohol content of 10% by weight, and is not your average run of the mill type of beer.

I being a recreational Homebrewer, am quite aware of this kind of brew, and can attest to anything in that category of brew/beer will basically knock your socks off after the second glass.

10% by weight equates to 12.5% by volume, which you are probably more familiar with, drinking your "Bud-lite's", at 3% by volume.

Drinking 2 barleywine style brews, in say the course of 30-45 minutes, would be the same thing as drinking 8 1/4 Bud-lites in that same 30-45 minutes.
I'd bet you could'nt walk if you drank 8 1/4 Bud-lites in a half hour.
(That's 1 beer,... every 3 1/2 minutes,... for a half hour straight)

Rock Art Brewery, did not try to choose the name, to lure energy drinkers away from 'Monster".
They chose the name, to accurately describe the beer they are brewing.

Go try ANY Barleywine style beer,
and you will see for yourself,
that they ALL qualify as a **monster** of a beer.

10-19-2009, 02:30 PM
triron...i was saying this is what this is on monsters eyes..not that the brewer was actually trying to cash in on the name...

what kind of drink it is has no bearing on the case other than it allows him to win in court since it is not an energy drink. according to the big bad corporation, the brew master is using the "monster" name as a way to promote his brew...hence the copyright infringement of the copyrighted name "monster"...

it doesn't matter why rock art named it why they did...it contains "monster" and that is all that matters to monster brand...

large corporations are shady...i know, i work for one...

as far as drinking beer...i don't drink a lot, there are few that i do like....i have had a many home brews and tend to prefer them to the mainstream beers, but i only imbibe on maybe 5 to 7 times a year...if there is homebrew available, i'll drink it...if not, my mainstream beer of choice is miller genuine draft...

10-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I sent hansen an E-Mail and informed them I will be boycotting all their products and informing everyone of their ridiculous lawsuit and to also not buy their product.

mx428
10-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Didnt read the thread, but all energy drinks are junk. If you disagree, you're wrong.

Which 450?
10-19-2009, 03:44 PM
I became VERY sick after drinking 2 monster drinks one day last summer. I missed a week of work.

TrapZ400
10-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Heres an article on it.
http://www.timesargus.com/article/20091013/NEWS02/910130338/0/THISJUSTIN

FHKracingZ
10-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Yea lets boycott a company who puts millions of dollers into our sport. Are you idiots? This stuff happens all the times, its just business. Walmart single handily was the fall of Rubbermaid and hundreds of companies. Yet 99% of us shop at walmart.

Monster puts ALOT of sponsor dollers up for motocross, both quad and dirtbikes. Supercross for bikes wouldnt be half of what it is, if it wasnt for monster.

Think twice before you start criticizing.

spanky101
10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
It has nothing to do with the support of our sport. Its the fact that they believe they have the right to sue another business for using a word that describes the type of beer as stated before. We are all grateful for what monster has done for our sports, but shady big business ethics and actions are not welcomed or wanted.

coryatver
10-19-2009, 06:20 PM
the taste alone is enough for me to boycott it lol.

Ever notice the MX guys that are sponsored by Monstor they don't drink that crap it is horrible for you. They drink out of a water bottle that looks like it is a can of it on the podium. Drink monster and you can be as fast as james stewart haha stupid posers I doubt he EVER drinks that

ben300
10-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
Drinking 2 barleywine style brews, in say the course of 30-45 minutes, would be the same thing as drinking 8 1/4 Bud-lites in that same 30-45 minutes.
I'd bet you could'nt walk if you drank 8 1/4 Bud-lites in a half hour.
(That's 1 beer,... every 3 1/2 minutes,... for a half hour straight)

dude, not to be a dick, but id take you up on that bet any day of any week, and im sure id walk just fine after wards, now maybe after another 6-7 more beers afterwards, thats a different story..

i just cant stand swhen micro brew ppl rip on ppl who drink "sh-i-tty" beer..

but on the not of this story, energy drinks all taste horrible, and its pretty darn despicable that in a tough economic time that monster energy would try and put a hurt on this mans business...thats just a plain and pure attack on the foundation of capitalism..

i signed the petition and to do one better, i went to the new 6 pack shop here in erie and asked them to order in few cases of rock art to sell there....

nothing like helping the dude out in his cause by giving him some more business!

TrapZ400
10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I just got the craving for a monster right now. lol

:devil:

tri5ron
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by ben300
dude, not to be a dick, but id take you up on that bet any day of any week, and im sure id walk just fine after wards, now maybe after another 6-7 more beers afterwards, thats a different story.. I'll tell ya what....
my location is clearly posted being in southern California.
I don't know where you are, but if you would like to share a campfire with me, I'll be glad to set up the camp, and supply all the brew. I'll bring a fresh homebrew of 10% barleywine, and the beer of your choice.
If you can down 8 beers of your choice in a half hour, and still walk straight, I'll gladly concede, and hand you a $100 bill.
if you can not then you owe me $100 bucks, AND agree to drink two more of my homebrews on top of your already consumed "sheetty" beers. DEAL ???

Heck, I'll even supply the video camera, and the bbq.
bring it on bud,....
the offer stands.

10-19-2009, 11:10 PM
I'll tell ya what....
I don't know where you are, but if you would like to share a campfire with me, I'll be glad to set up the camp, and supply all the brew. I'll bring a fresh homebrew of 10% barleywine, and the beer of your choice.
If you can down 8 beers of your choice in a half hour, and still walk straight, I'll gladly concede, and hand you a $100 bill.
if you can not then you owe me $100 bucks, AND agree to drink two more of my homebrews on top of your already consumed "sheetty" beers. DEAL ???

bring it on bud,....
the offer stands.

AHAHAHAH!! That's awesome.

416exfreak
10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll tell ya what....

bring it on bud,....
the offer stands.

Jesus Christ..

Getting that drunk might be worth a hundred bucks to me if I lived in So. Cal.:devil:

Especially if there's bar-b-q involved..:scary:

JLanphear
10-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Apparently Monster is dropping it....

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=11362590

Guy400
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM
The court of public opinion decided this one. Good for this guy fighting it and not rolling over and taking it like a vast majority of small business owners would do (or think they'd have to do).

extremeblastr
10-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
Jesus Christ..

Getting that drunk might be worth a hundred bucks to me if I lived in So. Cal.:devil:

Especially if there's bar-b-q involved..:scary:

s*** might be? i'm leaving tomorrow:D