PDA

View Full Version : razr 2

Quad Freak #1
10-18-2009, 06:26 PM
i have a chance to buy a set of 22" razr 2 rear tires pretty cheap. but i dont know much about 22" tires considerin i never ran any. any1 runnin 22" razrs? wat do u think about them? should i save my money and buy a set of 20"?

400man
10-19-2009, 07:37 AM
it all depends on what kind of riding you do and riding style. if you ride mostly rough and rocky trails with deep ruts, then these would be perfect for you. about the only drawback to 22's are that they jack the *** end up and make it feel tippy in corners and sliding can be kinda tricky if your not wider than stock, and you also may need to gear down 1 tooth in the fron sprocket to get some lowend power back. but you get some nice ground clearance for the trails.

Quad Freak #1
10-19-2009, 01:45 PM
i plan on running hare scrambles this spring. think theyd work well for that?

IcutMetl
10-19-2009, 03:59 PM
I think Razr2's would be awesome for that; but like the other guys have said; taller tires will make it feel more tippy. If you have smaller tires in the front than out back, it can cause some funky handling as well. Personally, I would wait and get some 20's. I have Razr2's all around on my 250R, and they are hard enough to slide at times; couldn't imagine 22's.

400man
10-20-2009, 12:28 AM
for harescrambles, I'd say you would probably like em. and you would like em even more if the race is muddy with deep ruts and all the other guys with 20 inch tires are bottomed out on the skid plates..........then you can just laugh at em as you pass by :p

but the only downfall would be probably in the high speed field sections and turns, the tall tires would make cornering at speeds a little tricky.

about how cheep are we talking for the 22 inch razrs?

Flynbryan19
10-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Don't buy 22" rear tires. Very poor handling compared to 20" rears. Take a look at the races or in photo coverage and see how many people run 20" tires. Theres a reason for that.....

Sjorge450R
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
ran harescrambles for 3 years. ALWAYS have a front tire that is atleast 1 inch taller than the rear. As for 22" rear tires. Please dont do that. It will feel unbelievably tipsy. All the pro gncc riders are either running 21" fronts and 20" rears. Sometime you will see 22" fronts and 20" or 21" rears. Its all about staying low. Also, get rid of the rear skid plate and trade it in for a sprocket and rotor guard. You gain about 2.5" of clearance.