PDA

View Full Version : 400ex inner hub question

55stone
10-18-2009, 03:05 PM
hey guys i broke off a bolt in the inner hub..it wasnt even that tight, but thats not the point but either way it broke. anyways for first thing is there a good way to get it out? second off.. im not normally a person that runs anything broke and have to have everthing perfect but i need to get this motor broke in and i was wondering if the clutch will still work right without one of those clutch springs in and tight..i wasnt sure since it will throw it off becuase it wont be tightened down evenlly..so anybody with any thoughts would be great...and anyone that has a clutch inner hub that they would sell me let me know plz... i need one asap
just wondering if i can get by with the broke one till i find another one

hondaking52
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
i'm no clutch guru but i dont think it would be a wise idea running it, look around on ebay, should be able to find a used one pretty cheap.

rocky_mtn_honda
10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
i sent you a pm...im still not clear on which part you need or what broke though

jasonwayne222
10-18-2009, 08:45 PM
same thing happened to me, you can drill it and use and extracter to get the bolt shank out, it actually isnt that tight in there so if u can drill it and get and edge on it to wear u can stick a drill bit on ur drill and stick the drill bit on it and try and back it out just keep spinning it loose, use ur drill as a holder and use the drill bit in it to back it out. just try it, it should work, then go down to honda and order another bolt, if your in a rush u can run a 1/4 inch bolt in it, it will tear up the threads were the original bolt wont go in but it works.