PDA

View Full Version : installing ac nerf bars on 400ex

underpsi
10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
I just bought a set of used ac nerf bars but have no instructions or anything but the bars and nets. so my question is how do they mount in the front as they look like they would mount where the motor mounts are?? do you just take the bolts out and replace w/ longer ones? This is my first 400ex and my others have always had the nerf bars already installed so this is new to me

Thanks

bobizzle
10-22-2009, 01:13 PM
try finding a local dealer, and talk to them about mounting them up, if you dont have anyone close, then please post pics to be able see what exactly you are talking about.

NacsMXer
10-22-2009, 08:49 PM
I used to have AC nerfs on my 400. The front mounts do mount to the front motor mounts. You just remove one of the bolts and replace it with the longer bolt and spacer provided in the kit. Try giving AC a call for the hardware and aluminum spacers. If you don't want to do that, then you can stack up a bunch of washers instead, but that doesn't look so clean IMO.

You will also need spacers where the nerfs mount up to the footpegs. It takes about a 1/4" aluminum spacer if I recall right. I also had to drill holes in the footpegs to line up with the outer holes in the nerfs. Once all the holes are lined up, just run some bolts through and secure them from behind with nuts.

Hope that helps.