PDA

View Full Version : fcr FTMFW

odog
10-17-2009, 09:59 PM
all i can say is wow! the sparks 39mm fcr really woke my bike up money well spent.

odog
10-17-2009, 10:15 PM
heres a pic

odog
10-17-2009, 10:18 PM
and 1 more

wrekd
10-17-2009, 11:09 PM
NICE!!!

Did you have to re-jet it or did it come prejetted??

odog
10-18-2009, 12:09 AM
it came pre jetted i called sparks racing and told them everything i had done to my quad and the prejetted it to those specs i dont think that its perfect but its close. i will be taking to the trails tommorrow and see how my bike runs with the 450s and 700s i think its ready

NacsMXer
10-18-2009, 10:32 AM
Nice man! :cool:

Same exact one I got on mine :D Did you notice the airboot being slightly long for the carb at all? Maybe it's because I have an aluminum airbox, but I have to pull my airboot back a little bit before I clamp it down on the carb.

Also do yourself a favor and pick up an adjustable fuel screw for it. It is on the very bottom of the carb, right above where the starter is on the motor, which makes it a pain to get to. You have to unclamp and tilt the carb anytime you want to get a screwdriver up in there.

I have a T-handle type screw from White Brothers, but you can also get them in a round style as well. Nice because you can dial it in with the engine running and listen to the changes real time.

http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/images/crfx-fs.jpg
http://www.motoworldracing.com/media/msr/Hard%20Parts/MSR-FuelMixtrScrew.jpg

katch26
10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
r&d flex-jet.....works better than the fuel screw ime.......well it works the same but doesnt wiggle out like the fuel screws

odog
10-18-2009, 03:26 PM
OK thanks for the advice where can i get them from and witch is better. when everyone told me there would be a night and day difference i was kind of iffy about it but if i would have known it would have made the amount of difference that it did i would have been bought it.

NacsMXer
10-18-2009, 07:45 PM
I forgot about the flexible fuel screw. Works like the remote idle screw that came on the FCR. Looks like it makes it a little easier with the access. When I adjust mine, it's a little tight because the starter is right below, but still not a big deal. Never had a problem with the screw vibrating loose either, it's under spring tension too.

I'd go with whatever type you prefer, they both accomplish the same thing. The non-flexible screws are around $20 and are all over Ebay. Just search "FCR fuel screw". The flexible one is about 10 more, check it out: http://www.motocrossgiant.com/R_D_Racing_Flex_Jet_Remote_Fuel_Screw_p/59-1002.htm

And yea, gotta love that super-snappy throttle response the FCR provides over stock :devil:

hondaking52
10-18-2009, 07:55 PM
would this be a good mod on a stock motor? or would the 450r one be better?

odog
10-19-2009, 07:02 PM
yea i love that new throttle response the funny thing is know i have to get use to my bike again theres a big difference in power know especially in the first three gears even with the taller gearing i have know problem lifting in up. thanks for the advice guys oh yea nac did u every race a stock or close to stock 700r and if u did what were the results

NacsMXer
10-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by hondaking52
would this be a good mod on a stock motor? or would the 450r one be better?

You won't see the full benefits of this carb on a stock motor but it can be setup to run with one. I ran it with my old mild 440 build and it did just fine. You'll still get the improved throttle response, plus it will just be better overall over stock.

As far as the 450R carb being better I couldn't really tell you since i've never tried one. I'm pretty sure it would be easier to pick one up cheap though.

NacsMXer
10-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by odog
yea i love that new throttle response the funny thing is know i have to get use to my bike again theres a big difference in power know especially in the first three gears even with the taller gearing i have know problem lifting in up. thanks for the advice guys oh yea nac did u every race a stock or close to stock 700r and if u did what were the results

Nah i've never come across a 700 in person before. But that would be a heck of a race that I wouldn't be afraid to turn down I can tell you that! :scary: