PDA

View Full Version : How To Ship A Frame????

z400rider23
01-14-2003, 08:51 PM
Has anyone shipped a 400ex frame?? Will UPS ship a frame?

Pappy
01-14-2003, 08:55 PM
yes....either ship it in 2 pieces (frame and subframe) ...or wrap it with heavy mil shrink wrap and send complete

z400rider23
01-14-2003, 08:59 PM
Pappy, are you sayin UPS will ship it?

Pappy
01-14-2003, 09:01 PM
yes.....they wouldnt ship an R frame for me...cuz the box was beyond thier size requirements. so i asked a buddy who sells frames and he said just to tape cardboard directly to the frame and then wrap it up. i have seen frames shipped in boxes...but i am not sure if this is a new size issue UPS has or what.

z400rider23
01-14-2003, 09:03 PM

01-15-2003, 06:01 AM
You will need to go thru UPS logistics..they deal with the large bulk packages... Rocky Ridge racing knows of a way to ship a frame for around $40 one way..I don't know how thow..:confused:

Knight440
01-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
yes.....they wouldnt ship an R frame for me...cuz the box was beyond thier size requirements. so i asked a buddy who sells frames and he said just to tape cardboard directly to the frame and then wrap it up. i have seen frames shipped in boxes...but i am not sure if this is a new size issue UPS has or what.

This will work tape the cardboard to the frame and they will take it. I get stuff everyday at work like this..... Also you can do it online now if ya got a CC ck to see where your local drop off is then just open a account then you can just print out the label use clear packing tape to put your label on and go drop it off you can also give it to any UPS driver if you should seen one some where.

hope this helps

motochris
01-15-2003, 01:15 PM
YES we (UPS) will ship that frame for ya... We get frames all the time going threw the Hub... We get big ones for Harleys all the time so your frame will be no big deal... Just wrap it the best you can in C-board and slap a lable on and let us do the rest... Your looking at around $40 and up to ship it.....Good luck....:D

tants
01-15-2003, 02:15 PM
for some reason ups shipped my massive box with my old quadracer frame in it to chris waters. when he tried to ship back ups said it should of never sent it like this, but they did. that only cost me $40. ups made me ship it "ups lagistics" for $150

ChadEXer
01-16-2003, 09:08 AM
Not only will FedEX ship larger boxes than UPS will but they are cheaper! Believe me, FedEX and UPS are next door to each other in my city and i have got quotes from both of them quite a few times before shipping! Now I just go straight to FedEX!!

airheadedduner
01-16-2003, 09:18 AM
Fedex charged me $98 to ship a frame from Co to OR, I thought that was kinda outragous. It took it 3 weeks to get to me too. I am never dealing with them again.

lil400exman
01-16-2003, 09:23 AM
well i think sometimes stuff like thats gotta go through hubs back to so it coulda gone through a few states before it came back.................i only use fed-ex though i like 10x better the people are nicer and i have a account so its nice..................................

ChadEXer
01-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by airheadedduner
Fedex charged me $98 to ship a frame from Co to OR, I thought that was kinda outragous. It took it 3 weeks to get to me too. I am never dealing with them again.
Well you must have sent it Fed EX Express! My friend sent his and it cost him $36

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-16-2003, 10:09 AM
I have to agree with Chad...Fed Ex is much cheaper than UPS, I compare prices everytime I need to ship something and 99% time Fed Ex is cheaper.

MrP
01-16-2003, 10:23 AM
I just sent my Walsh frame (Frame, sub-frame, swingarm, and a-arms) UPS over to Shreveport, LA. Thats only about 4 hours from here but it only cost me $12 to send it over there and $10 to send it back and thats including the insurance cost. Why it was cheaper on the way back I dont know. My frame arrived to the powder coater the very next day and I got it back the very next day it was shipped out.

Glow Plug
01-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Yeah they'll ship it in a box

86R
01-16-2003, 12:27 PM
I bought a frame off ebay, the guy shipped it ups with no box or cardboard at all.. just put some box tape around the upper frame rails and put the label there. Nothing was wrong with it, I think it cost em $50 to ship from ks to pa. but I wouldnt do that, I was kinda shocked.

I did ship one about a month later to co from pa, put some cardboard along the bottom and cut it so it would fold up to the top, left the top frame rails exposed and put my label there to. They took that too. $40..