PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa

Groundworx
10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
I took a 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa trade in a couple of days ago. I got the bike super cheap. It only has 1300 miles. I have ridden sport bikes from all of the 4 major names. All the 600s, 750s, 1000s. This is the first time I have ridden a Busa. This bike quickly became my favorite bike of the bunch. The TL1000R was my favorite. I owned one of these for about 3 years. I know everyone is probably thinking I like the Busa for its raw speed and power. Yes, I do, but there is more.

I have to say that Suzuki did an excellent job with this bike. I expected it to be a bike that really was good for nothing, but straight line speed. To my surprise, the Busa is a very comfortable bike. It rides like it is on glass and the power is very controlable. The bike is only as fast as you ride it. I rode it here in my town where the speed limit is only 25-35. The Busa putted around with no trouble. I would expect the throttle to be real touchy and bumpy at a lower speed like that. It wasn't. When you open it up, it is fast as hell. Another feature I like is the different throttle modes you can set the bike in. Mode A is for performance, mode B has a softer throttle, mode C has a softer response than B. If you would like an all around bike, surprisingly, I think the Busa is perfect for that.

I am basically comparing the Busa to 600s, 750s, and 1000s. I have never ridden the ZX14. I have very limited time on a ZX12. Not just speed, but comfort and actually rideability. I do not ride fast anymore. I outgrew that a few years ago. I could definetly put some miles on this bike with no trouble at all. I will take a nice 150-200 mile weekend road trip before I sell it and before it gets too cool.