PDA

View Full Version : thinking of get one

bikebuilder
10-17-2009, 09:18 AM
i was looking around for a new quad and came across a few cannondales for at good prices. i have had all honda bikes(250r,300ex,426ex,440ex) i do alot of trail riding and go to tracks as much as i can maybe 6 to 8 times a month, i question is what is the best cannndale for my riding style please if anyone can give me some advise on them please

Brown450R
10-17-2009, 04:09 PM
If you enjoy riding more than wrenching, stick with honda.

bikebuilder
10-17-2009, 05:10 PM
still got my 400ex and working on crf450r but looking to try a new bike out . i love working on them as much as i like riding them. part are cheap and i can pick up one fairly cheap.

happyboy
10-27-2009, 09:20 AM
A cheap cannondale will fit yah fine. :) Parts are pretty cheap these days so setting it up for your liking can be done for a pretty good amount.

The primary things to look for are updated motors namely the crank having a Z400 bearing. If they can't tell you who did it and that be a reputable person then just assume it should have some work done on it and update it. The Z400 bearing was a simple fix for the stock cranks that prevents the biggest failure rate we had outside the lack of locktite on the internal bolts.

Once the motors are updated its just as reliable as any other 450 race quad. Nothing is as reliable as the 400ex. :)