PDA

View Full Version : HID upgrade.

peglegburnout
10-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I've been thinkin about getting a HID kit for my 400ex lately. I'm currently running tusk xenon bulbs and they're fairly bright. However I'd like to take it a step further. I've seen This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xenon-HID-Lights-Kit-Honda-TRX-400EX-400X-450ER-450R_W0QQitemZ360143952579QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotor s_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53da409ac3) kit on ebay lately. Anyone else purchased this kit or any other HID kits? Happy with the results? Did you have to mod anything?

kfx400rider03
10-18-2009, 07:20 PM
my friend put HID's in his 400ex. but they werent ment for a quad they where ment for a car lol." had to bend the bulb sockets" and yeah they where so bright. lit everythig up on the trail. and some how it lit up stuff behind the quad.
drained the battery in a couple minutes if the quad wasnt on.

peglegburnout
10-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah they might be a bit overkill lol. Still there are times I need a bit more lighting.

I got a pair of tusk xenon bulbs for my kfx the other day also. Way better than stock IMO. I wish I could find them for my 250.

mikey28804
10-22-2009, 09:22 PM
where can i get the tusk bulbs and does anone know the number? just got a 04 400ex that had no bulbs at all so im trying to find some:eek2:

supraloud84
10-25-2009, 07:18 AM
I put HIDs in my machine using spare kits that I had kicking around the shop. They were not the right bulbs but I made brackets for them to fit. The h6m bulbs were not available when this undertaking took place. Anyhow, I absolutely love them. I dont think I could ride at night without them anymore. I got on my friends quad the one night and realized that how big of a difference it made. The only issue I have is that the housings arent the greatest and the light is pretty scatted. Im trying to find a set of projector housings to cut up and retrofit into the stock ex housings so the beam will be more concentrated. Right now if im ripping down a logging road or something along those lines, I still kinda feel like im slightly outrunning the headlights, and thats no fun. lol

peglegburnout
10-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by mikey28804
where can i get the tusk bulbs and does anone know the number? just got a 04 400ex that had no bulbs at all so im trying to find some:eek2:

I believe Rocky Mt atv is the only place you can get them. Worth the money IMO.