PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cepek tires

buster024
10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
Lookin' for opinions on tires. I think I've narrowed down to 3. What do you think?

BF Goodrich All Terrains

Dick Cepek Mountain Cat E/T

Dick Cepek (Mickey Thompson really) FC-II Fun Country

tri5ron
10-16-2009, 07:40 PM
BFG's will outlast the DC's by 2 or 3 times easy.
been there, done that.

buster024
10-16-2009, 07:54 PM
I know......I tell myself every time I'm about 3/4 way through my existing tires that I'm going to buy BFG's, but for some reason, I always talk myself out of them for some reason. The others just look so much cooler.

tri5ron
10-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by buster024
I always talk myself out of them for some reason. The others just look so much cooler.
"The only difference between the men and the boys,
is the price of their toys"...

but in this case,
3 sets of DC's cost way more than 1 set of BFG's

I think the cash still in my wallet looks cooler
:p :p :p

TCracin440ex
10-16-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by buster024
I know......I tell myself every time I'm about 3/4 way through my existing tires that I'm going to buy BFG's, but for some reason, I always talk myself out of them for some reason. The others just look so much cooler.

i had bfg a/t on my truck and absolutely hated them. they really dont last as long as ppl like to think. yea of course they last longer then a mud tire but they are still a Mall terrain. the best tire ive ever used or ran on my truck just so happens to be the parnelli jones dirt grip. they are by far superior to the bfg a/t. they look cool, they go in snow, mud, etc like no nother. u try doing any kind of off roading with a bfg a/t you will find your self hung up quick. hell you can spit on grass and get stuck with bfg a/t

if you want give the dirt grip a check out. and check the out some of the reviews on the tire too
http://dirtgriptires.com/

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/parnelli-jones-dirt-grip.htm

not tryin to detur you from your selection of tire. but go on that 2nd site and read some of the stats on tires and read some of the customer reviews too. i found that reading a review on a tire really helps me decide on my next tire

buster024
10-17-2009, 09:59 AM
not tryin to detur you from your selection of tire. but go on that 2nd site and read some of the stats on tires and read some of the customer reviews too. i found that reading a review on a tire really helps me decide on my next tire

I appreciate the input. I did actually look at those, but they were just a little to aggressive for me. I'm a traveling salesman, and put about 2500 miles on my truck every month. It's retarded I'm even considering an aggressive tire like the Cepek's, but I hate the look of highway tires on a truck......they call that a car.
As far as reviews, the DC FC-II's read very well. I couldn't find a bad thing about them on the web, but both the Schwabby & Tire Factory guys gave them a thumbs down.
Even though I know the smart thing for my type of driving would be the BFG's, I'm really leaning towards the FC's.

TCracin440ex
10-17-2009, 06:05 PM
ud really be suprized how long the parnelli jones lasted me....i got them from my buddy when they was at 3/4 tread and already had 15k miles on them. i got another 15 out of them. and i didnt rotate like i was post 2

10-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Ever ride in a truck with big knobbies? Bouncing around, and the noise is ridiculous lol Trophy trucks with "highway" tires dont look bad IMO.

400ex28
10-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Have you ever looked at pro comp xtreme a/t's? I'm running them on my truck and i highly recommend them

buster024
10-17-2009, 07:43 PM
....not bad, not bad.

TCracin440ex
10-17-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Ever ride in a truck with big knobbies? Bouncing around, and the noise is ridiculous lol Trophy trucks with "highway" tires dont look bad IMO.

yea you really are a city boy. gotta be

and personally i think the noise sounds good. a tire roaring down the highway. highway tires on a truck looks like *** imo