PDA

View Full Version : 300ex throttle hesitation

smwetzel
10-15-2009, 09:45 PM
I have a 93 300ex that i bought a couple months ago. it runs great, seems to have full power, doesn't smoke. I have 2 other 300ex's to compare to. It will rev great in neutral or when riding, but when the throttle is stabbed, it will die out and not recover until the throttle is released. If the choke is ran half way closed, it will run great and not die out when the throttle is stabbed. I have completely disassembled and cleaned the carb with carb cleaner, i tried adjusting the air screw, i went up to 40 pilot from stock 38, i also tried a 125 main up from stock of 122. I have tried the needle jet on all 5 notches. I did each of these at different times and none have corrected the problem. The diaphram for the accelerator pump was leaking and i replace the whole assemblyThis 300ex is stock, except a uni air filter. Even the muffler still has the spark arrestor. Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the long post, but i felt it best to describe everything.

QuadCobbler
10-16-2009, 05:07 AM
I would take a carb off one of your other 300s and make sure the problem is in the carb, Also check the intake boot to make sure it dose not have a hole in it.

shiley55
10-17-2009, 10:45 AM
yea deffinatly try a diff carb and if that dosent help then clean your entire fuel system starting wit hthe tank and then everthing between it and the carb ie inline fuel filter hose all of it cause it deff isnt getting fuel it may not seem likt that is the problem cause it revs fine in neutral but when in neutral revving you use almost no fuel at all and then when it gets under load it needs a good bit more fuel and its not gettign it most ppl haveing problems like this and other simmilar running problems are started whit the ****ty steel gas tanks