PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler!!!!!

kawi_rider_97
10-15-2009, 02:07 PM
ok you may think of this as a bad idea or not needed but i like trick lookin stuff and i like my new 440kit stayin nice and cool cause i dont wanna rebuild this turd again :scary: but any way im sure youve all seen the trick a** oil coolers that procircuit puts on their race bikes and quads, and i want one or want to make one i have access to a machine shop to make a new oil filter cover cause thats where i want the lines to run from and i can get a cooler and lines easy i just need to figure out how to make or where to get the oil filter cover for an oil cooler, so any info on how the cover works would be helpful cause i can make my own if i know how it works, and also im pretty sure the ltr cover is the same (i may be wrong tho) so if anyone knows if i can get a cooler for that it may work, any help would be greatly appreciated :D thanks guys

airmobile101
10-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I can't help yea there,but the idea totally rocks!

kawi_rider_97
10-15-2009, 04:03 PM
thats what i thought lol :D i wish pwr or someone would just come out with something because they would make a sh** ton of money off of them cause everyone want one i did see one made by jagg design but it dosent show how it installs and i dont wanna buy it just to find out lol but if any has any info on how to do this pls lmk cause i want it BBBAAADDD!!!:devil:

airmobile101
10-15-2009, 04:49 PM
You know the 04-05 450r's came with oil coolers from what Im told. maybe that will get yea in the right direction???????????

kawi_rider_97
10-16-2009, 11:49 AM
i looked into the 450r and couldnt find anything to shed light lol, the oil lines on them run straight from the to the oil cooler and it has no tank :( the kfx has a tank and the oil lines run from the motor to the tank, if i just knew how the stupid cover works on the procircuit one i could figure somethiun out, idk how you get the oil to just find its way to the oil cooler and then into the motor lol, i was thinkin about using a one way check valve but it would be bulky, does anyone know how the oil flows? does it come out through the hole behind the oil filter or does it come up from the hole near the bottom of the filter area?

jonboy
10-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Go to z400central and do a search. There was a guy who put one off of a 450r on his Z and stated that it worked really well and posted pics and how to install it.

kfx400rider03
10-20-2009, 08:15 PM
cant u get the oil cooler from a 400ex and mount it in front of the radiator of something and use those lines to maybe.
just a thought

kawi_rider_97
10-27-2009, 07:32 AM
well ive looked just about everywhere and couldn't find anything about it on z400central :( im sure i could prolly rig somethin up but i personally think my quad looks to good to slap on some rigged cooler :D id rather just spend the extra money on one of those over sized oil tanks with the cooling holes in it and a gigantimongous radiator ;)

jefteland
10-27-2009, 09:47 AM
http://www.atvcycleparts.com/productdetail.htm?productId=8589331&browse=242417&shopBy=10111&catalogId=1768

hope this link comes up. they made one already sorry, if you do make one keep track of you cost on everything and let us know

miles Machine
10-28-2009, 03:13 PM
beat me 2 it i was gonna post that link lol