PDA

View Full Version : Grant ($) websites

skinrider440
01-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Does anyone know any websites where i can apply for grants for college i think im gonna go back next year

sandslinger101
01-14-2003, 07:46 PM
just pm you a message

skinrider440
01-14-2003, 08:09 PM
bump sent you one too sandslinger101

skinrider440
01-15-2003, 10:26 AM
bump

Doibugu2
01-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Talk to the Financial Aid department with what ever school you plan on going. Not only can you get aid through the government, but you can also get money from the college.

I got over $5k a year from the college I went to. But I still ended up with over $15k in student loans. College blows.

Just so you know, once you start paying interest on student loans, that money is a credit on your income tax return.

skinrider440
01-15-2003, 10:56 AM
i know college blows that's the reason i quit the first time but i was talking to a long time family friend and he told me that he is going to retire in about 10 years and he would like for me to finish college and take over his Veterinary clinic.

Doibugu2
01-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Is it a profitable clinic? How big is his house? College, just like all other school blows, but it pays off. I am the only one of my friends that went to school. And I am already making more than them. I still have to make up for the money I lost while I was at school and they were working full time. But that wont be to far off.

From what I have heard, Vet school is hard. Its about as bad as being a doctor, but again, the rewards are there at the end.

If you want my opinion, go back, get your degree and take over his business. Just think, you'll be working for yourself in an established business. Can't ask for a better deal than that.

How old are you, by the way?

skinrider440
01-15-2003, 11:33 AM
im 21 i went to a junior college for a 1/2 year right out of high school but classes got in the way of partying (usually happens) yeah it is a good business. mostly large animals (that is what i am into). im pretty sure that it takes 6years to finish and now since i got alot of partying out of my system (not all of it) i think i can do it.

Doibugu2
01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by skinrider440
im 21 and partying (usually happens) with mostly large animals (that is what i am into).

I had to change your quote a bit, because thats too funny.

But for real though, go for it. It will take a long time, and a lot of sacrifieces but the end result will be well worth it.

Believe it or not, when I was in college, I didn't think I learned anything. But once I got to my real job, I learned a lot more than I thought.

Just pick a good school. And do some research and talk to people. Just think your investing over $100k in this school, make sure its worth it.