PDA

View Full Version : Color Inquiry

troybilt
10-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Pappy, do you have PC "gun metal" color? Or something similar to this:

2nd question: Do you know where I can get parts triple plated chrome, preferably "black chrome"?

Its build time this winter... :D

Thanks,
Troy

Pappy
10-16-2009, 07:18 AM
From the pic, the rim color is or has more of a gold tint to it....not sure if i could match it from just a pic

No i sure dont on the chrome

troybilt
10-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've been scowering the interent looking for this color. I had it in my head what I wanted and this is closest I found. What would you need to match it? I'm a month or 2 off from having my 450r torn down. But trying to do some prep planning. I'd be inquiring about a gusseted 450r frame with this color.

Yeah, after I typed the thread, I realized the chrome was a dumb question. I've got another plan anyway.

Pappy
10-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I need either a really good picture of the exact color and then it may be an edumacated geuss....sometimes on forums for cars you might be able to ask others who have had their rims coated to see if they know the color or a color number

troybilt
10-16-2009, 08:06 AM
I'll do some more investimucated work then... Thanks.

KillerKoatings
10-19-2009, 03:07 PM
The problem is that gunmetal color looks completely different when it is in the sun. It is very hard to match all the gunmetal/black chromes because there are quite a few different ones and the seem to change color at different angles as well as in the shade vs outdoors.

troybilt
10-19-2009, 03:23 PM
I did some research over the weekend and the color I posted is more of a bronze color and it was painted not powder coated.

I'm now leaning more towards a true gunmetal or titanium powder coat flat/textured. I've seen many powders for either color, both are similar.

Here's an example:

Pappy
10-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
I did some research over the weekend and the color I posted is more of a bronze color and it was painted not powder coated.

Glad to see my initial thoughts were correct

I will see if I can get some color charts or chips sent in here of those colors