PDA

View Full Version : OPinions on KingQuad 450

fx4pitrone
10-15-2009, 06:34 AM
I may be looking into getting one of these quads used... like 07 or 08. How do you guys like them? Any problems or things to watch out for?

I plan on using mine for trail riding, yard work and plowing the driveway..... Will it do all these things well?
Thanks a lot for your help!
Tony

Dirty400ex
10-16-2009, 05:55 PM
I bought my '07 new and it's been great. I trail ride it, jump it, go through bogs, etc.....it's never let me down. I have a plow for it to snow plow my 1/4 mile driveway, and it works excellent.

I can honestly say I've only put it into 4wd a few times. It just rarely even needs it. Driving my neighbors up a steep snowy hill for sledding in 4wd was effortless. (One of the few times it needed 4wd).

I ride with two guys who have KingQuad 700's. There's are definately more powerful, but I have never had a problem keeping up with them. The only advantage they have is top end speed, which I don't care that much about. And there wheels are aluminum and have bent. Mine are steel and are straight as arrows.

I have gotten a flat tire, but that was from riding on railroad tracks and hitting a spike.

Overall an excellent ATV.

Dirty400ex
10-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Oh, and there was one recall on it. Something about the ignition switch or the like. I never brought mine in.....no problems so far.

fx4pitrone
10-17-2009, 12:52 PM
THanks for the info! I actually ended up getting a new KQ500 power steering today... got a deal I couldn't pass up! Can't wait to try it out!!

Dirty400ex
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Power Steering!! Sweet! I always thought that was a silly thing for quads, but as soon as I got the KQ and plowed with it, i thought...."Hmmmm.....power steering would be nice!". Lol Have fun with it!