PDA

View Full Version : anti-vibe stem w/ flex bars or precision stabilizer

duffman1483
10-15-2009, 05:29 AM
I wanted some input on what most people feel is the best combo. I own a 2009 yfz450r that I trail ride 80% and track/jumping 20%. I wanted to pick up either the anti-vibe stem with fasst flex bars or would I be better off going with the precision steering stabilizer. Any help is appreciated as I have owned a customcnc stabilizer on one bike, then a anti-vibe stem on another and in truth can't make a decision on what would probably be the best choice for me. I ride for many hours nonstop and have no real issues with arm pump. I can't think of any other pertinent information.
Thanks!

duke416ex
10-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I personnally have never seen a stem help with vibration and I have owned several anti vibe stems. I can see them help a little with handling if the flag is moved in the right location, and of course them being taller can help too.

I run all 3. I think the flex bars help me with arm pump, or more fatique. Plus they help me on hard landing when I might throw my weight forward to absorb some of the blow. But my precision has saved my wrists many times. I would say that if I was picking, I would go for the precision.

Colby@C&DRacing
10-15-2009, 08:27 AM
If you are not having any issues with arm fatigue I would go with the precision for the safety it can provide. I know I hit stuff at every race that I barley feel because of my precision, without it I would have injured an arm or a wrist by now.

duffman1483
10-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I really appreciate the insight guys. It just seemed like the guys at my local shop either didn't know what I was talking about or where mixed. Thanks!

TWISTED
10-24-2009, 09:04 AM
I have all three, but if I could pick only one, I'd DEFINATELY have the Precision stabilizer!!!!

spanky101
10-24-2009, 09:21 AM
If your not having any issues with arm pump I would suggest a precision stabilizer. They are great product and can save your wrists dramatically.