PDA

View Full Version : new tach

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 07:19 PM
what do you all think of the new tach we just put in my brothers car its not running yet we ran out of time all we have to do is hook up some wires and its done here are some pics

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 07:19 PM

TheRedRebel17
01-14-2003, 07:21 PM
IMO its a rice tempergauge..lol

Jimmah
01-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Phat yo! How much HP you get from that!? Haha

phatswinn
01-14-2003, 07:46 PM
i saw those at autozone theres like $90 thats why i didnt buy one but its even got a light tellin ya when to shift

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 07:47 PM
definitly not the one from outozone lol its form driving styles its a 300 tach we got it on sale for 210 though
killed

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Jimmah

yoo yoo yoo we get like 50 hp at the ground from that ***** lol
killed

jay's 300
01-14-2003, 07:50 PM
I like the scooby-doo air freshener better! :blah Not really into tachs that big, JMO.:huh

Jimmah
01-14-2003, 07:51 PM
Swweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Scooby dooby dooooooooooooo!

Jimmah
01-14-2003, 07:53 PM
You beat me to it Jay.

killed300ex
01-14-2003, 07:54 PM
scooby doo is the man lol those air freshners smeel so good alot btter than those pine tree ones lol i wasnt a big fan of the tach when he bought it but it looks awsome when it got installed. Lol i like the lil shift lite lol its so gay lol its orange but i think we are just gonna det it for redline. since there is no redline on the tach
killed

TORO1968
01-14-2003, 09:08 PM
Why did you add a tachometer to a car that already has one mounted in the factory gauge cluster??? Kinda gay IMHO... Where's the nitrous oxide (Or NOS for all of you Fast and the Furious lovers) pressure gauge to go along with it??? :D It's a nice looking tach though. To each, his own...I guess. :p

mysticfalcon
01-14-2003, 09:15 PM
so how fast can that car go zero-snowbank.

jay's 300
01-14-2003, 09:17 PM
You beat me to it Jay.

i know, when I posted it I seen yours pop up! :p Scooby kicks arse! :macho

VooDuu Child
01-14-2003, 09:23 PM
We all have to remember one thing, 98% of those who have tach's like that don't have the need for it. The only reason for a tach like that is for straight up drag racing at the strip.

jay's 300
01-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TORO1968
Why did you add a tachometer to a car that already has one mounted in the factory gauge cluster?

Kinda what I was thinkin'. Is he going to go all out w/ it? Might not be THAT bad if he goes w/ turbo and etc. on the motor.

01-14-2003, 09:34 PM
Very nice tach. Autometer makes some very good stuff for drag cars etc. and that one you have there has the adjustable shift indicator and highest rpm feature.

Its just a poor idea to put it in a Honda oh forgot thats the one with the Acura emblems oops. :) :blah

guess that tach feels like its life is now a failure :(

Nausty
01-14-2003, 10:37 PM
lol, not my bag...

killed300ex
01-15-2003, 05:58 AM
well it in the proces of being a very sweet car. He is geting ready to go to the reserves were he is geting quite a bit of money. He is planing on geting a twin turbo for the engine with a complete rebuild. He is planing on making it a sick car he has already done rims exaust and intake. Trust me its not what you would expect from an acura. Plus its not the typical ricer. He has 18 inch rims and dual exaust. Its a realy nice car its an 89 acura legend with 90,000 original miles on the engine.
killed

motochris
01-15-2003, 01:23 PM
Thats a nice tach, i have one in my race car/street car killer... But the only thing is you paid way to much for it tho... I only paid $100 for the same one in black....But hey its cool.....

01-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Plus its not the typical ricer. He has 18 inch rims and dual exaust.

LOL. A little contradictory? Don't spend that much money pimping it out.. Sell it and buy a real car, like a 3000GT VR-4. :macho

UglyMotha™
01-15-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
Plus its not the typical ricer. He has 18 inch rims and dual exaust.

:huh :huh for the love of god what do you call the typical ricer, and it just became rice with the tach you mounted there, dual exhaust on a acura:rolleyes:

EricB
01-15-2003, 02:27 PM
yeah it's a 4cly for christ sakes. that tach looks stupid and that car is slow. sorry for the direct flame but it's the truth. i just hate rice because it's never fast and it's always stupid looking. now take a supra or a 3000GT and you have a nice import car. hondas and acuras are nice to leave stock, or maybe put some differnt rims on them. but they're NOT fast unless you dump a **** load of money into them. put 400 dollars into a 350 and you got at least 14 second motor.

HONDAofTROY100
01-15-2003, 04:00 PM
why does everyone hate us that have 4 cyl. engines and try to soup um up?!.. i just like havin some fun and addin some personal touchs to my truck.. or car ... im tired of everyone says "oh yeah, like thats fast..." yeah its slow compared to a v-8... but for what it is (a 4 cyl) its fast.. i mean i know its not fast as ****.. but geez cut us a break for addin some personalizing to our cars.. i mean you guys like addin personal touchs to your quad and no one makes fun of u reguardless of what you have..

i dont knwo why everyone makes fun of us... i mean its like (no offense) havin a 250x and puttin some parts on it and thinkin its cool.. i mean for what it is its sweet.. but yah its not fast compared to a 400 or a banshee......

i just get mad when people make fun of anyone doin what they want to their car... or tuck in my case... TO EACH IS OWN!

nakomis0
01-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by 440EX4me

guess that tach feels like its life is now a failure :(

Lmfao..ha.

That is a nice tach though.

Jimmah
01-15-2003, 05:14 PM
Can I get that for my quad?

nakomis0
01-15-2003, 05:26 PM
Can I get that for my quad?

Yup, its about $150-350 bucks. And even if you have never crashed in your life... as soon as you put a $300 tach on your quad your gonna crash and break it..lol

RideRed04
01-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by HONDAofTROY100
why does everyone hate us that have 4 cyl. engines and try to soup um up?!.. i just like havin some fun and addin some personal touchs to my truck.. or car ... im tired of everyone says "oh yeah, like thats fast..." yeah its slow compared to a v-8... but for what it is (a 4 cyl) its fast.. i mean i know its not fast as ****.. but geez cut us a break for addin some personalizing to our cars.. i mean you guys like addin personal touchs to your quad and no one makes fun of u reguardless of what you have..

i dont knwo why everyone makes fun of us... i mean its like (no offense) havin a 250x and puttin some parts on it and thinkin its cool.. i mean for what it is its sweet.. but yah its not fast compared to a 400 or a banshee......

i just get mad when people make fun of anyone doin what they want to their car... or tuck in my case... TO EACH IS OWN!

I have nothing against guys with 4 bangers...heck, I have one. Mine is in a jeep, which isnt a sports car/street racer, and neither are civics. I get mad when people dump crazy amounts of money into a 4-popper just to keep up with a $800 caprice classic with a 305 and a K&N filter. Yes, his car is rice. I am sorry, but for a fast car, a $200 tach should not come before other stuff, especially if the car already has one. I hope to heaven that that car is a stick, if not, it needs to be floored while pointed at that snowbank and never removed.

EricB
01-15-2003, 05:47 PM
yeah it looked like an auto me me in the picture lol. nothing worse than a riced out automatic. those are the kind of people who REALLY don't get it.

to each is his own...well why don't you save the money your spending on your stupid looking slow honda car that won't be cool in a year or so and buy something teets. if you want something fast get a turbo'd or superchared 6 or a V8 of some kind. sure it might be fast but who does bracket racing on the streets? no one, plus if you had something with a V8 you would destroy stupid little hondas all day long. almost nothing would touch you, even with just the money you put into that tach. if you got a carb, intake, headers/exhaust and put them on a 350, even a 305 you would eat almost EVERY honda car out there. plus it sounds good, even the 305 would lol. headers and flowmasters on a small block chevy is prooly one of the best sounding engines imo..

oh well no matter how much **** i talk about stupid ricers your still going to do it. but just so you know your car will always be slow. your not fast unless your running at least 13s

tants
01-15-2003, 07:04 PM

10 horse from that. nothing compared to the 25 horse the stickers gave him.

LMAO!

01-15-2003, 07:49 PM
We all you import haters smoke by a civic while driving you moms soccer van or something. does he blab on about your car. no.leave him alone. i doubt he cares for your opinons.

Jimmah
01-15-2003, 08:14 PM
The scooby doo air freshner gave him 50HP, now only if they made THOSE for quads.....

Just messin with ya don't take it too seriously.

jay's 300
01-15-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by MX#132
We all you import haters smoke by a civic while driving you moms soccer van or something. does he blab on about your car. no.leave him alone. i doubt he cares for your opinons.

I though he asked what we thought about it? :huh

HONDAofTROY100
01-15-2003, 09:11 PM
im sorry i dont have a limitless amount of money so i can go and buy a v8 but we all work w/ what we have...

by the way ill be gettin a tach like that for my truck too.. b/c my sonoma didnt come w/ a factory one....

killed300ex
01-16-2003, 06:05 AM
im sorry i dont have a limitless amount of money so i can go and buy a v8 but we all work w/ what we have...

by the way ill be gettin a tach like that for my truck too.. b/c my sonoma didnt come w/ a factory one....

You will have t get some one to install a tach wire then casue this one you just splice into the stock tach wire so if you dont have a stock tach then you couldnt use this unless they ran a tach wire and jsut never put in a tach. so i doupt it
kiled

killed300ex
01-16-2003, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by EricB
yeah it's a 4cly for christ sakes. that tach looks stupid and that car is slow. sorry for the direct flame but it's the truth. i just hate rice because it's never fast and it's always stupid looking. now take a supra or a 3000GT and you have a nice import car. hondas and acuras are nice to leave stock, or maybe put some differnt rims on them. but they're NOT fast unless you dump a **** load of money into them. put 400 dollars into a 350 and you got at least 14 second motor.

I love how some people come on here and talk ***** without nowing what they are talking baout do a 5 minute search and youd realixe that the acura legand never ever was prouced with a 4 cyl. they have only been made with a v6 and last time i checked i had never really seen a ricer with 18s they all have like 16 cause thats all there lil cars can handel. And if you hate ricers so bad then go and sell your damn wheeler casue thats a ricer! I asked for opinions on the tach not the car.
killed

UglyMotha™
01-16-2003, 06:47 AM
You will have t get some one to install a tach wire then casue this one you just splice into the stock tach wire so if you dont have a stock tach then you couldnt use this unless they ran a tach wire and jsut never put in a tach. so i doupt it
kiled

actually the tach wire is already there all he need to do is remove the cluster find out which one it is and splice into it, piece of cake they all use the same wiring harness just a different cluster i installed a tach in my truck cause it didn't come with one and no it wasn't no freaking monster tach cause that's just stupid really stupid

UglyMotha™
01-16-2003, 06:48 AM

:huh :huh so,,, that's cause they don't have a hydro foil on the back of there moms van

RideRed04
01-16-2003, 10:29 AM
I love how some people come on here and talk ***** without nowing what they are talking baout do a 5 minute search and youd realixe that the acura legand never ever was prouced with a 4 cyl. they have only been made with a v6 and last time i checked i had never really seen a ricer with 18s they all have like 16 cause thats all there lil cars can handel. And if you hate ricers so bad then go and sell your damn wheeler casue thats a ricer! I asked for opinions on the tach not the car.
killed

Tell me what makes my wheeler a ricer? It was made in japan? I dont consider all import cars rice. If I where to cut my fenders, run axis shocks, a wide open exaust, and put mx tires on my quad for trail riding, then it would be rice-ish, but still not that bad because it would still be good for something other then looking cool.

killed300ex
01-16-2003, 11:11 AM
hate to tell you anyhting from japan is a ricer all the street bike from mover there are called ricers so what makes you honda any riderent yea yes i could care less if anyone steriotypes me brother or i for owning a RICER who cares its jsut a point i was trying to show i think some people are way to steriotypical.
killed

02 Red Rider
01-16-2003, 11:23 AM
... im tired of everyone says "oh yeah, like thats fast..." yeah its slow compared to a v-8... but for what it is (a 4 cyl) its fast.. i mean i know its not fast as ****.. but geez cut us a break for addin some personalizing to our cars.. i mean you guys like addin personal touchs to your quad and no one makes fun of u reguardless of what you have..

i dont knwo why everyone makes fun of us...

The problem is NOT guys like you, it's the little punk jack*ss Suburban Catholic School kid that pulls up next to my Silverado at a stop light with a 3ft tall bare aluminum wing that's rattling of becuase of the 15" Sub in the back going DUMB-DUMB-DUMB-TA-DA DUMB, and revving his Coffee/Soup Can exhaust trying to be a hard*ss until the light drops green and all I can see is his imitation PIAA and Cool Blue Lights in my rear view. Not to mention most people find it kinda silly to end up with $20,000+ wrapped up in car that has a limited resale market. But Different Strokes for Different Folks. :cool:

lil400exman
01-16-2003, 12:16 PM
well its cause punk kids these days dont knw how to make a car go they say put nos on it-go fast..........its not like that the same with quads...sure you can put a 505 block on a 400ex and it will help but if you know how to work all the power oooout of a416 in tuning pipe cam polishing high compression and stuff.Cars like the rx-7 , supra,300zx,3000gt,honda 500, and cars like that that a have a backbone not a civic a mitsubishi eclipse and junk its like trying to make a bayou 220 race ready you just cant do it now take a 400ex or a banshee and you will have something you can work with i bet most ricers will beat a american muscle on the track like a luguna seca or mid ohio i bet a chevelle ss cant hang with a gen 1 rx-7 even and it couldnt even touch a stock gen III rx-7 with no turbo its all the car guys.......................dont bash until you cna speak.......................

HONDAofTROY100
01-16-2003, 12:28 PM
i go to a catholic high school.. i have a weedwacker exhaust on my truck and i got some subs too.. do u hate me now?!

02 Red Rider
01-16-2003, 12:33 PM
i go to a catholic high school.. i have a weedwacker exhaust on my truck and i got some subs too.. do u hate me now?!

Are you gonna pull up next to me at a light and try to talk sh*t you can't back up? As a matter of fact you live real close, you of all people should understand what i'm talking about. Some of your classmates are the spoiled little rich kids that I am refering to. You probably go to St. John's right? Do you listen to your music like some of the Springfield HS Punks do? I have 2 10's under my rear seat, but my Bass isn't cranked and my Treble turned of so that I can see just how many bolts I can rattle out.

HONDAofTROY100
01-16-2003, 01:07 PM
holy crap .. u do live right next to me lol.... no i go to ST. Francis.. everyone at sjj is gay.. their mommies and daddies get the BMW's and BENz... as a matter of fact my friend is a little rich fag and is complaining he got a bmw suv for his first car....

i live near Springfield... across from stone oak... where do u live..

lol.. and no im not gonna pull up to u and think im fast.. HAHAHA... **** yeah i know what yoru talkin about.. them SHS gay dudes that have a 2 dollar system and beat the **** out of it... i listen to rock.. i got a nice clean system... 2 RF punchZ's and poineer all around.. lol.. i love hearin them TRY to beat and stuff but it is mostly the trunk and the bolts fallin out.... i just like to show them whats up once in a while

btw.. if u want ill tell/ show u what my truck looks like.. cant miss it!

tants
01-16-2003, 01:41 PM

for some reason mx#132 reminds me os SMA or what ever that kids name was...

lil400exman
01-16-2003, 01:51 PM
honda of troy i live in greenvill ohio thats west of huber heights punks and springfeild punks well wanna be punks..........................

02 Red Rider
01-16-2003, 02:02 PM
Honda of Troy,
I live in Monclova a couple of miles from the Airport. And I work over on Central Ave. **** I practically pass your house everday I take Central to Chrissy and Chissy to 20A to get to and from work.LOL You ever ride over by TNI or T&I or whatever you call it? We should ride sometime after I get my bike back together. I went to Maumee the last quarter of my Freshman and all of my Sophmore year and then graduated from Perrysburg (almost 10 years ago:( ) and St. Johns was just as bad then as it is now. So you can see where I get my opinion from, there's nothing like trying to go to Media Play on a Friday or Sat evening and dealing with the punks all the way from The Shed to Spring Meadows.

02 Red Rider
01-16-2003, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by lil400exman
honda of troy i live in greenvill ohio thats west of huber heights punks and springfeild punks well wanna be punks..........................

Actually Honda of Troy and I live close to Springfield Twp outside of Toledo. Your down by the City of Springfield, Cinci area. Right?

HONDAofTROY100
01-16-2003, 02:33 PM
my backyard is TNI or T&I.... lol.. i can see it from my yard.. i live right in the subdivision where cenntennial and angloa meet..

**** yeah we should go riddin.. i ride everyday out there.. my and LRDrider1 live next to eachother so.. we'll gladly go riddin..

lol somtimes i like goin down airport to see all of the little homo's drivin along w/ your ugly chick in the passanger seat and thinkin they are teh S#$^....:D

yeah we all should go riddin somtime..

RideRed04
01-16-2003, 02:52 PM
hate to tell you anyhting from japan is a ricer all the street bike from mover there are called ricers so what makes you honda any riderent yea yes i could care less if anyone steriotypes me brother or i for owning a RICER who cares its jsut a point i was trying to show i think some people are way to steriotypical.
killed

Personally I dont agree with "everything from Japan is rice". I would buy a toyota or an acura in a second if I needed a reliable, economical car. If I was looking for a sports car, I wouldnt get a civic or an accord....to me that is the difference between rice and imports. Just out of curiosity, is the car an auto?

killed300ex
01-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by RideRed04
Just out of curiosity, is the car an auto?

He!! no lol that would be the gayest car ever if it was auto lol i hate people that soup up there auto car of but exaust on an automatic lol other than in trucks. lol
killed

EricB
01-16-2003, 04:27 PM
hey sorry killed, i feel there is no need to do research on a topic i have no desire to know about. i could care less, all i know is that it's rice if you think it's fast or try to make it look fast. especialy when it isn't.

i don't hate all rice, japanese sports cars are nice and so are toyota trucks. i just don't get why dumb sh1ts can't get through their heads honda/acuras aren't fast!

RideRed04
01-16-2003, 09:18 PM
He!! no lol that would be the gayest car ever if it was auto lol i hate people that soup up there auto car of but exaust on an automatic lol other than in trucks. lol
killed

Well, you gain that point back from me. I will say that ANY vehicle with a stick is fun to drive, I don't care what it is....I didn't say fast, I said fun to drive.;)

killed300ex
01-17-2003, 05:39 AM
yea im looking for a truck for myself thats a chevy 1500 w/350 and stick short bed but dont care on the cab. lol it imposible to find one that in good condition with lower miles iv looked for prolly 1/2 year and only seen a handfull and they alwasy are way overpriced or need alot of work
killed