PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale jumpin

AlaskaSpeed
01-14-2003, 07:15 PM
Not sure if I ever posted this pic, but it is during practice on a 55 foot double at our track. This was the first day I had ever hit it and was scared to death....once I landed it I opened my eyes!:D

redrider ex
01-14-2003, 07:20 PM
I would be scared too

Taco
01-14-2003, 07:22 PM
I would be afraid of hitting a moose or landing on a igloo:blah

01-14-2003, 07:25 PM
closing yer eyes doesnt sound safe, i always wanna see how high i get

AlaskaSpeed
01-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by freeride132
closing yer eyes doesnt sound safe, i always wanna see how high i get

I was joking about closing my eyes...lmao:D

01-14-2003, 07:36 PM
haha , i was gonna say

AtvMxRider
01-14-2003, 07:38 PM
That's the one I was talking about Jim. sweet

Ryan
01-14-2003, 07:39 PM
Did you clear that? Your looking kinda low?

AlaskaSpeed
01-14-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by R8
Did you clear that? Your looking kinda low?

Yeah...I cleared it. You are going pretty fast, so it is hard to judge in a pic. It is more of a speed jump than a preload type. JIM

Ryan
01-14-2003, 07:47 PM
What gear were you in? You must have been going pretty fast :huh . Whats next a tripple :blah

AlaskaSpeed
01-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by R8
What gear were you in? You must have been going pretty fast :huh . Whats next a tripple :blah

That jump I can get into 3rd gear pinned...about 50mph or so....not quite enough runway to get a decent 4th gear rpm going for me...........JIM

QuAdRaCeR244
01-14-2003, 08:07 PM
that's sweet man:D post some more pics of you on a bigger jump:rolleyes:

Ryan
01-14-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
That jump I can get into 3rd gear pinned...about 50mph or so....not quite enough runway to get a decent 4th gear rpm going for me...........JIM

Are you sure you don't mean 50 KMPH then 50 MPH? :p I gotta get me a cannondale, doing 50 mph in 3rd gear is wild. My blaster barley does that in 6th pinned :p .

AlaskaSpeed
01-14-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by QuAdRaCeR244
that's sweet man:D post some more pics of you on a bigger jump:rolleyes:

sorry....that is as big as I go...but you can post one anytime....:rolleyes:

01-14-2003, 08:13 PM
a cannondale will do 50 mphin 3rd with no problem i would think,,easily..

Ok Jim now post a pic of you jumpin,,those pics of your wife jumpin your dale ain't foolin me..:eek: :macho

Ryan
01-14-2003, 08:16 PM
Whats the top speed on a dale?

I should get out the piggy bank and start saving my pennies :blah

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 06:31 AM
nice pic Jim:)... Troy wants to know how the Cdlae does for wheelies,hes a total wheelie nutt:p

01-15-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
nice pic Jim:)... Troy wants to know how the Cdlae does for wheelies,hes a total wheelie nutt:p

They can wheelie with no problem but they are nothing compared to the wheely king 400ex..actually i don't think any quad out there is better for wheelie's than a 400ex.. dales have weird powerbands..

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Rico
They can wheelie with no problem but they are nothing compared to the wheely king 400ex..actually i don't think any quad out there is better for wheelie's than a 400ex.. dales have weird powerbands.. SO Rido... is it hard to get her up then?? This will play a factor for Troy, hes relly xomtemplating buying one soon,but wants to get some feedback on them,hes mostly a hill climber and wants more power,but he loves the wheelies too:D ..Right now he is mostly concered about being mechanically able to maintain it..

01-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
SO Rico... is it hard to get her up then

I don't think you know me well enough to be askin me questions like that...:eek: LMFAO

O you can get a dales front end up with no problem,,,they got gobs of power,,they just don't have that lowened power like a 400ex. It's hard to explain really..I"m sure with lots of practice he could master it,,but he'll never be as good as he is on a 400ex i bet..

QuadTrix6
01-15-2003, 08:54 AM
i would be more scared that the cannondale is gonna f*** up on that jump then the rider :blah , are they still havig problems with the engines cutting off in the air ?

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 09:20 AM
I don't think you know me well enough to be askin me questions like that...:eek: LMFAO

O you can get a dales front end up with no problem,,,they got gobs of power,,they just don't have that lowened power like a 400ex. It's hard to explain really..I"m sure with lots of practice he could master it,,but he'll never be as good as he is on a 400ex i bet.. HAHAHA..I am terrible with wording sometimes...hehe anyhow..hmm well this may be an issue for him, but i dunno,maybe a challenge for him too,he loves the feel of his 400,just wants more power w/o boreing and all that stuff,whats this about the engine?? I never heard that one before?:huh thats not good...

raptor_02
01-15-2003, 10:51 AM
hey Rico, how would you compare the power of your EX to the power of a DALE??? Can a 416 be competive with a DALE if riders are pretty close in talent?? I'm sure you and you buddies have did this, how bad will a DALE take a properly built 416 in a drag race say 75 yds long????

01-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Well i've got a mildly tuned 416,,comparing my 416 to a dale...the dale's power i guess is like this...my 3rd gear tapped is a dales 2nd gear tapped and so on. When I pinned jeff's blaze wide open in 3rd it felt stronger than mine in 4th pinned...:eek: It's possibley do to the different power delivery,,but the dale by far has a lot more power. You'd have to have a national 416 kit from an engine builder with tons of money invested to run with a stock dale..:( Now I've never got my doors blown off on a MX track or XC race,,I'm just referring to a flat out drag race..

raptor_02
01-15-2003, 02:01 PM
that's about what I figured. Dales are very fast. That gear ratio that a DALE has sounds like it would be very beneficial to race mx with. It sounds like you don't have to switch gears much and 2nd and 3rd gear has enough speed to clear very big jumps. No one around here has a DALE so i have never rode one but I have been reading all kinds of info for a long time about them and they sound awesome!!

Guy400
01-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Looks like Jim scammed us by trying to Photoshop the original pic. Through highly scientfic de-engineering I was able to reproduce the original pic and find out how they were able to get Jim to jump that gap. They had to place his most feared beast in the gap and told him that if he doesn't clear it he's got to deal with what's at the bottom:eek:

QuadJunkies
01-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Looks like Jim scammed us by trying to Photoshop the original pic. Through highly scientfic de-engineering I was able to reproduce the original pic and find out how they were able to get Jim to jump that gap. They had to place his most feared beast in the gap and told him that if he doesn't clear it he's got to deal with what's at the bottom:eek: LMGDAO!:blah

AtvMxRider
01-15-2003, 03:08 PM
LMAO!:D :blah

AlaskaSpeed
01-15-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
i would be more scared that the cannondale is gonna f*** up on that jump then the rider :blah , are they still havig problems with the engines cutting off in the air ?

Let me clear up any rumors of my Cannondale ****ing up in mid air by saying this: There is about 100% chance that whenever QuadTrix6 posts he will be making an idiot of himself, the chances of a Cannondale stalling in mid air are well below that percentage......:D

AlaskaSpeed
01-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Looks like Jim scammed us by trying to Photoshop the original pic. Through highly scientfic de-engineering I was able to reproduce the original pic and find out how they were able to get Jim to jump that gap. They had to place his most feared beast in the gap and told him that if he doesn't clear it he's got to deal with what's at the bottom:eek:

Guy....no more sick days for you!:grr

tants
01-15-2003, 03:22 PM
a cannondale will do 50 mphin 3rd with no problem i would think,,easily..

Ok Jim now post a pic of you jumpin,,those pics of your wife jumpin your dale ain't foolin me..:eek: :macho

LMAO!

01-15-2003, 07:23 PM
Let me clear up any rumors of my Cannondale ****ing up in mid air by saying this: There is about 100% chance that whenever QuadTrix6 posts he will be making an idiot of himself, the chances of a Cannondale stalling in mid air are well below that percentage......:D

he hee :blah

4punksdad
01-15-2003, 07:35 PM

I jumped kennys about 6 times in my back yard. it stalled one time in mid air................and that one time about did me in. amazing how she can feel like she has the brakes on in the air! I almost bought the farm. It didn't stop me from trying again though :)

AlaskaSpeed
01-15-2003, 07:58 PM
I only stalled mine once...on a 30 foot double..and I saved it...it was my fault, I new I was not in the right gear....JIM