PDA

View Full Version : help please no spark

88redrocket
10-14-2009, 12:58 PM
So today i took my flywheel and stator off to change the crank seal that has been leaking. I changed the seal and put everything back together, went to fire it up and no spark. It had spark and started fine before i took everything apart. I put everything back on the same way it was before i took it off. Anyone have any ideas what could have happend? Also what part of the electrical system should i start with when diagnosing this? All i have is a test light is that gonna be all i need for testing connections?

norcalduner
10-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Check the key on the crank that lines up with the flywheel as it could have broke causing your timing to be off.

regg187
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
learned this from Ricky Stator himself, 8 years ago. alot of times when you bolt the stator on you can pinch a wire behind the stator and short out the system. He was right ,mine was pinched and there was no spark!!

C-LEIGH RACING
10-20-2009, 08:28 AM
The black wire with the white stripe in the wiring harness is the main ignition wire.
Lot of times where the harness hooks into the cdi box, the male pin in the box looses connection on the inside & then you have no spark.
Try tying the harness up in a way next to the cdi box kinda putting the plug end in a bind & sometime it will go back to sparking.
Check all the connectoins in the harness on the black & white wire.

That black wire with the white stripe, being the main ignition wire, takes a beating over the other wires in the harness & over time will cause a bad connection & no spark.

I've heard of guy taking a set of C clamps & clamping onto the cdi box & cause it to start back sparking, lite presure though, dont want to bust the cdi box.
If after this, you still have no spark, good chance the male pin in the cdi box has come completely loose. In that case only fix is to replace the cdi box.
Neil