PDA

View Full Version : Need Help In A Hurry!!!!!!!

andiboy123
10-14-2009, 12:34 PM
TODAY I WAS GOING TO PRACTICE FOR A RACE AND MY QUAD DINT START. I GOT BACK HOME Y CHECK ALL FUSE, CHECK ALL RELAYS, ALL GOOD, CHECK THE STARTER NOID AND REALIZE SIGNAL WAS GETTING FROM THE START BOTOM BUT NOT ACTIVATING THE STARTER SO I WHENT AND REPLACE IT AND IT WAS THE SAME, NOTHING.

HOPE IS NOT THE ECU.... IF SOMEBODY HAVE ANY IDEA PLEASE HELPPPPPPP, I HAVE A RACE ON SUNDAY

Harkes2k
10-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Call BCS Performance... (413)736-2202... They will be able to get you straightened out!!!

TNT
10-14-2009, 02:19 PM
http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/28T0801B.jpg

See those grounds BNA/BNC check it, clean good! You see that starter solinoid jump accross check it again the new one jump accross SS3-SS4 with a heavy gage wire then try and start the quad. If it starts the solinoid is bad again, more than likey a bad ground or short in this harness some where, check all wires in this harness. Jump from SS3(or + battery) to PSP(+ starter) and let me know if it starts w/switch on that will tell us if it's something between these two post. (carry this wire to the races so you can jump the quad or use a jump starter.

andiboy123
10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
im going to check that ground, i try to jump start the noid jumping from one side of the positive to the other and the quad try to start but for some reason it didnt, fuel pump is activating and check the spark and is working maybe the injector is not trowing the fuel to the chamberas far as the noid, im going to do what tnt said to see if it works

TNT
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
I doubt it's fuel try and jump the starter or check voltage there that will tell us.

After you clean the terminal chassis ground check for some resistance from the ring terminal to the chassis you should get less than an MiliOHM, some resistance..Check that chassis/starter ground back to the noid and battery ground should get some resistance not infinity or it's open. Check all wires for opens that could be shorting to the chassis......

TNT
10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
This is why we need BCS or someone to put out a race harness without all this crap! :mad:

andiboy123
10-14-2009, 09:20 PM
tnt, i did jump the starter and nothing it will spin the engine but it wont start it, i notice as soon i put the key on and put the switch on on position the check engine start flashing....

TNT
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
So you do hear the fuel pump pressurizing and you did swap the two outer fan relay to the fuel pump relay? Take the fan relay out and put it in the middle main and see if it starts.

Lets see you got spark, starter is working, engine turns won't start. Hummm! I'm thinking fuel now. :confused:

Swap some relays around try that.

You could pull the injector see if it's clogged. Look in the throttle body is it full of carbon. Are both plugs firing?

TNT
10-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Yeah make sure both coils are firing if so the middle main relay is probably good. I don't think it's the ECU or engine would say on not flash and you'd have no spark. Could even be a MAP sensor.

Hope you checked all the chassis grounds and connectors.

Blizzard24
10-14-2009, 10:10 PM
TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND START WITH THE BASICS!!!!!!!!!!

Pull the plugs and see if you are getting spark. I rolled my quad off the trailer at a race and went to start it and it would just turn over and over and over...

I freaked out that I traveled 16 hrs and wasnt even going to begin the race...

Got new plugs and the quad fired right up. I was told by the service tech at the local Can Am Dealer that these fuel injected bikes are notorious for fouling plugs.

On start up the efi dumps a ton of fuel into the cylinder, and pops the plugs. YOu can not just start these quads up and run them for a few seconds and turn them off... snowmobiles now have a light on them if they are injected to let you know when the sled is warmed up enough so you arent fouling plugs.

Try the basics first, dont over analyze things... jsut start with the basics and move on.

TNT
10-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah Chris is right check all the basics first........See that line out of the fuel pump make sure it is putting fuel out the injector.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk191/Terrylport/14T0801.jpg

Blizzard24
10-14-2009, 10:36 PM
If you pull the plugs (or just one) and turn the bike over you will see a mist of fuel come out the plug hole, that will tell you if you are getting fuel into the cylinder, if you are getting fuel into the cylinder go buy a new set of plugs. If you havent changed the plugs yet, you will want to anyway.

TNT
10-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Now why didn’t I think of that. I hate simply I would took the whole dang fuel pump and injector apart....lol!

Well lets hope we can find it so he can go kick some Porto Rico cha cha cha booties Sunday. :p

Blizzard24
10-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Yeah Terry, I am just wondering if he is saying the quad is turning over or it isnt even doing that. If its turning over but wont start I will bet its those plugs.

Harkes2k
10-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by TNT
This is why we need BCS or someone to put out a race harness without all this crap! :mad:

They do!! Send them your harness and its about $200 they will strip your harness down to the bare essentials! And give them a call with any troubles they haven't let me down yet!

TNT
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Harkes2k
They do!! Send them your harness and its about $200 they will strip your harness down to the bare essentials! And give them a call with any troubles they haven't let me down yet!

I was referring to the battery/starting circuit and relays last I heard they have not eliminated it yet? Then it be cool if someone made a kicker!

That new YAM bike with the backwards tilted engine does it no battery/relay/w/EFI.

Chris I think he was saying it was turning not starting. Bet you're right start w/the basics a tune-up. :D

andiboy123
10-15-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks to all of you, well lets start with this yesterday i gave up on the bike at 10 pm, today i whent and got a new push bottom for the start and a kill switch. yesterday when i finish working i unplug the batt. today i install the push bottom and the bike start up. but then i turn it off after a few minutes and whent back to the same issue now its doing the same, i have fuel on the injector, spark on the plugs, been switching relays from fuel pump to main and nothing, i just keep hearing this wierd sound
on the trotlle. now i im sure is an electrical problem not with fuel or nothing, i clean everi plug on the quad , i check all grounds. my last hope is to replace all relays for new ones i have this feeling that even every relay start the pump , they have 5 male insert maybee on one point they must be failing.

sorry for my english, but like you old poster know, i have no dealer to go , only you guys,

the last thing i whant to think is that because i unplug the bat for a long time the ecu reset and once its start it came back to the problem....:(

TNT
10-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Angel, if your getting fuel pressure out the injector is not the fuel system or relay, connectors, harness. Since you replaced the push button and it worked I am thinking something in that cluster is grounding out or shorting. Take it apart and bypass it, try and take the wires and start it. I'm baffle why you could not jump the starter unless there is an open in the starting circuit and the loop won't close/ground. I wonder if your teather is acting up, take it out completely. Only way to reset codes in the ECU is with BUDDS I know of thats not it. It’s not the ECU you would get nothing more than likely and it would never start. I think it’s something in the starting or kill circuit. Look again!

andiboy123
10-15-2009, 09:05 PM
the thing is that i did jump the starter but it wont start...i never install the kill switch, the one i got didt make sence to me bc it only has 2 wires 1 positive and 1 ground and i was so mad the bike didnt start.
but the key switch is working, i put the run bottom on run and the pump start buy i hit the start butom and nothing, im getting kind of desperate here, sunday race now is history and maybe my quad too...

TNT
10-15-2009, 09:35 PM
I just PM'd you my number give me a call, I'll be awake for the next 3 hours or tomorrow after 12PM East US time.

andiboy123
10-16-2009, 01:51 PM
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!:D
TODAY I JUST TOOK A DEAP BREATH AND START ALL OVER AGAIN BUT THIS TIME I WHENT AND GOT ME NEW RELAYS, FIRST THING I DID WAS TO GET COME CONTACT CLEANER AND CLEAN MY RELAYS PLUG THEY WHERE ALL DIRTY AFTER 3 CLEAN, THEN I PUT SOME WD40 ON THEM NEW RELAYS AND ITS START

FOR BSC, RELAYS HAVE BEEN MOST OF MY ELECTRICAL ISSUES, ON THAT HARNESS YOU GUYS ARE DOING, IF YOU GUUYS CANT REMOVE THEM, REPLACE THEM ON THE BACK OF THE QUAD AND WITH SOME COVER FOR THEM

NOW IM TRYING TO INSTALL A KILL SWITCH I WILL CREATE A NEW TOPIC FOR THAT.... IT MIGTH HELP SOMEONE ELSE

AND REMEMBER ANY MISTAKE ON MY WRITING IS BC IM A PUERTORICAN HEHEHEHE RICE AND BEANSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!

TNT
10-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Good for you! Imagine that, something simple like Blizzard said.

One thing don’t use WD-40 on electrical use dielectric grease it can conduct electricity and repel water prevent corrosion and enable you to get the connectors apart better. You should be able to get it at the auto store.

Good luck at the race let us know how you did.

andiboy123
10-16-2009, 02:51 PM
i did use dielectrical grease i just cleaned with the wd40 then the grease, but bc there is no cover on the relays dust get on the contacts and on the grease and create this mud on the terminals real bad
now comment on my kill switch thread to se if i get this thing going!!!!

btw pc3 is not here yet....