PDA

View Full Version : OEM Crank Bearings W/Hot Rod Crank

Ruf Racing
10-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Do the 04 updated OEM crank bearings, work on a HR crank? I
may need to replace my HR crank bearings. Just wanted to go
back to factory Honda bearings. Thanks. :)

Colby@C&DRacing
10-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Hot Rods is updating all of their cranks right now to fit the updated bearing and sleeve. The older Hot Rods cranks only take the older bearings

wckedclownz69
10-14-2009, 01:54 PM
depends which crank you get... i just got the new heavy duty hotrods crank... just bought the pivot works bearrings for them...i guess the new ones are supposed to be a lot better then the old ones... but i think you can put oem bearrings on the new one..but me i prefer to get the whole deal .. oem crank oem bearrings.. aftermarket crank aftermarket bearrings..

BSTURDIVANT
10-14-2009, 06:10 PM
ALL BEARINGS ARE THE SAME DIMENSION! Honda bearings will fit the hotrods crank and yes you can put the updated seal and sleeve on there as well! The updated Honda crank uses the same bearings but with a different seal and sleeve to keep the crank from walking back and forth!

Ruf Racing
10-15-2009, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by BSTURDIVANT
ALL BEARINGS ARE THE SAME DIMENSION! Honda bearings will fit the hotrods crank and yes you can put the updated seal and sleeve on there as well! The updated Honda crank uses the same bearings but with a different seal and sleeve to keep the crank from walking back and forth!

Thanks.
:)

Ruf Racing
10-15-2009, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Hot Rods is updating all of their cranks right now to fit the updated bearing and sleeve. The older Hot Rods cranks only take the older bearings

You mean the older OEM bearing without the sleeve update?
BSTURDIVANT says otherwise. Confussion.:confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
10-15-2009, 08:37 AM
It will fit but the updated cranks from Hot Rods have a slightly different tolerance on the right side shaft. Curt (owner of hot rods) told me there was a problem with a harmonic vibration that could cause bearing failures. We are still waiting on the updated stroker cranks, I will know more when I have one in my hands

chad502ex
10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
^^^ true, it will fit and does have harmonic balancing issues.

Every 04/05 HR stroker crank I've used in every one of my builds, I've had to had balanced before installation. In most cases these cranks were as much as 80-100grams off..

but after balancing, its imho one of the best short rod setups there is; especially, the price!

Ruf Racing
10-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
^^^ true, it will fit and does have harmonic balancing issues.

Every 04/05 HR stroker crank I've used in every one of my builds, I've had to had balanced before installation. In most cases these cranks were as much as 80-100grams off..

but after balancing, its imho one of the best short rod setups there is; especially, the price!

Mine was balanced also, I'll know more once I dig into it.
Thanks Guys, I appreciate your time. :)