PDA

View Full Version : which efi commander.

gotboostido
10-13-2009, 09:52 AM
ok, heres the deal ive got the yosh rs2 full system not on the bike yet. i will be buying either the fuel/fci intake. now on the efi power commander. would i be good with a preprogrammed one. or should i get the dynojet power commander III. i just want the bike as fast as a yfz450. because thats the bike i came off of when i got this one. and i had that one for 2 years. and never needed to mod it. the only thing i did was but 18s on it. and it was a little to fast with that setup things got out of hand quick.the only other mod i might do is a high comp piston. depends on how fast it is after the big 3

JParisi48
10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
i would get a pclll and get an fci intake, and if you get a high compression piston, you need an aftermarket crank rod ( carrillo) or you are going to destroy ur bike...

MtnEX
10-14-2009, 06:03 PM
What controller you choose is going to depend on what tuning method you are going to use.

If you are going to dyno tune then I'd do the PC 3/5

If you are going to auto-tune, PC5 is the only choice.

If you are going to tune yourself old-school with carburator type logic, then get one of the many simple controllers. About every exhaust company has a version.

You may be able to run the exhaust alone for now until you get the intake... which will certainly require a controller if it's worth anything.

Try the Yoshi carefully and see.

It will depend on how good the system is.
If it's very good at allowing max intake into the engine, it will run fine. If it leaves fuel behind on intake it will run lean.