PDA

View Full Version : So Whats The Deal?

LTRracer4
10-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Ive been over this forum a few times in the past we days and im not really finding what im looking for.

1. The racer support sounds amazing. Will they be offering something similar for 2010?
2. On the 2010 models did they solve the clutch problems?
3. If so what do i have to worry about now?
4. If not what do i have to worry about still?
5. If you buy a 450 mx what is necassary to be on par national A class?

Thanks,

Anything else i should know please tell me. Its between this and a KTM. The racert support for the ds is too good to pass up. and i have a can-am dealor close by

ml450r
10-13-2009, 04:52 PM
excellent questions....

:)

Are you considering a CANAM?

coryatver
10-13-2009, 04:53 PM
be careful getting the race support as it voids your warranty. I think you will have to wait a little bit to see what they changed on the 2010s and the reliability of them. They fixed some of the issues on the 09s but not all of them.

TNT
10-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
Ive been over this forum a few times in the past we days and im not really finding what im looking for.

1. The racer support sounds amazing. Will they be offering something similar for 2010?

Thanks,

Anything else i should know please tell me. Its between this and a KTM. The racert support for the ds is too good to pass up. and i have a can-am dealor close by

TNT – Unannounced, TBD.
TNT - Yes!
TNT - Stock 09 frame still has some minor issue, nothing BRP, BCS, ATV-4 Play has not fixed with their frame mod kits.
TNT - It’s hit and miss as far as remaining issues, there are some issues such as the frame that not everyone has. We broke an oil spray nozzle guess some have been breaking little $20.00 part BCS is suppose to making a better one or glue is working. If running PEP shocks the rear frame needs to be grinded but they may redesign it in 2010. As w/any quad there is and will always be room for improvement.
TNT - Depends if you’re running Open or Production. Open you could get some screaming power-to-weight ratio out of the motor with a stroker more with a big bore like we have now, CP 495 and/or Falicon rod/crank. Production call Motoworks they got the answer on the Production quad..... Chad was running one of their more reliable motors in Montreal last weekend and won. They’re getting ready to do some things w/the ECU hopefully in their motor package no carb will be able to compare to. Either will run ya about $2-3K, about MSRP difference(less w/program) CAN/KTM and for that more HP/TQ than a stock KTM and suburb handleing according to many.

Nothing to worry about in 2010 more to look forward to w/the strongest MX team on the circuit and expanding after market parts industry. KTM is a good quad but don’t think we can say the same thing for the Europeans at this time, if anything as w/many OEM's they are cutting back US production and will have no race team.

KTM, YAM, HON, Suk, Kawi, Pol, go read the warrantee info any time you use it or modify it for racing voids the warrantee.

GOOD LUCK BOTH GOOD QUADS, SEE YA ON THE LINE. :D

LTRracer4
10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Yeah Merril. I imagine a nice conversation with you at a race sometime wouldnt hurt my judgement.

Thanks TNT, lots of good info there. I would def. be keeping it production. For Florida training would i be able to have a bareble amount of power with more reliable parts i.e. stock piston? Also, how is motoworks on rider support? Is that a possibility or not at all? My best friend and racing partner has a ktm that is decked to the nines. its untouchable around here, and he has it about 97% figured out. I can mimick his bike and have something i know is very solid, but ktm racer support seams quite a bit more difficult to secure. Im looking to excell in the sport, and Can-am seams like a company (or i guess the ONLY company) that can assist me to the next level.

TNT
10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
It’s been tough call all year but I think 2010 will break the tie, we’ve seen it here on this forum often, KTM vs Can. Both excellent quads in their own rights. Money will buy you what they each lack. Here’s my opinion now that the season is over looking onto to 2010.

KTM has no plans to expand in the sport, no rig/US team, cutting back upgrades and production in the states. I was just over there on the website and our very own “Quadevil” keeps us in check BELIEVE ME! LOL! Motoworks will have a rig w/some of the best pro’s in the sport next season, good chance they win a Campionship maybe several. That along with the 09-010(?) Racer Support program push alot of quads out in the industry. Now if you’re a business man you know what that does, it gets more companies interested in the after market industry and growth, what that does is drop prices, supply and demand. Like the Hon’s for example, Can is not far from that volume and getting their fast. KTM has no such plan in the US, plans in Europe limited expansion compared to Can/US and Canada. K so there’s something to consider, lets face it part availability and cost should be a big factor when deciding a quad.

Service – Some need a dealer close by they claim we don’t. If your a handy mechanic you can do most of your routine stuff, like head work, etc, if you cant you shouldn't be racing at the a-class level if you break at a race you got probs.....We got a engine builder that does bottom end stuff since I work all day and he has the tools and know how, any good car mechanic can help. Most dealer mechanics are good for stock and warrantee work not racing, but your not stock so who cares. The manual ($100) is excellent and there are plenty of diagrams on the net I use. You get an ECU adapter $75 and you can do most anything the Dealer Budds (diagnostic) systems can do troubleshooting. K, if your not real sharp w/EFI you’re or any mechanic can help there very simply more than cars or close to the same deal, but the EFI system is actually pretty reliable. You’ll need to carry a Coolant Temp Sensor, they go out sometimes, a relay they can go out, etc.....$30 parts.

There are some other things Warnert, BCS, Motoworks offers, if they don’t offer the Rider Support Program you may want like the plastic battery mount needs replacing sooner or later, Warnert or BCS, Motoworks all have a front frame member we need by the upper arms just keep it safe and it’s cheap! I droped my thermostat and will drop my coolant recover tank before the summer and weld a cap on let it puke to the ground, and get the large fan offered by BCS. BCS also has a race harness to simplify things as w/their coolant system I will do soon. If they or someone can get ride of the relays and battery, I think it's just a matter of time before we see a kicker bikes are doing it.

I would not have said this at the beginning of the season after talking to Rage, Protect (Motoworks), and Rossier we opted to do our own experimenting and still are, but after talking to Kye @ Motoworks late last week (Race Team Manager for 2010) I believe their development along with Warnert’s, and some of the others like Rossier, BCS, Rage, us too (:), together have tested and dialed this quad in beyond KTM capabilities and for a lower cost. Motoworks I hear will offer a very reliable engine head package bolt on tuned to a tee, all electronic and systems components, pipe, tuned to the motor mods to our and their specs. Tell me where I can go and get that from KTM? Again KTM is a very good quad but the carb system has limitations and the EFI technology is developing fast!

Racer support will based again on the volume of aftermarket companies wanting in the DS market which again is growing fast!Try BCS, Warnert, Motoworks, Rossier, Axcaliber, etc..... It's expanding very rapidly I can't keep up anymore. Times are tough so I don’t expect to see much for am's w/ the OEM’s pulling out to offer much especially when the pro’s are struggling. Again Can seems to be shaping up good for 2010.

We’re in the same boat as you serious about a 2010 A-Class Championship. What I’m thinking is running our big bore this winter, we’re seeing some good torque out of mainly and we were not that far behind a 65 whp KTM @ LL last season w/ a blown head gasket in Open A. I think a good 450 like Motorworks/Protec is offering (not their pro race engine this one goes on there practice quad Chad rode last weekend) with the right racer has a very good chance of winning the A-Class next season. I'm going to give Motorworks the off season to dial a few more things in then get thier race motor.

Sorry long note never simply when competing at the national A and above level in my mind anyway. Lots of good competition especially down your way where you don't bear sub zero temp during the off season. :D

TNT
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Funny right after I made the post above I got this in my email? What do you guy's think should I got work for them? lol!

:rolleyes:

Dear TERRY,

A job opening matching your profile for a Bombardier Aerospace, International Recruiting Event-AER08388 has just been posted in our Career Section.

If you would like to apply online, click here or click Jobs to consult the list of other positions currently available.

If you do not wish to receive further job notifications, please let us know. Click here to access your profile and deselect the check box labeled "Please email me career opportunities that correspond to my profile" in the Basic Profile Information section on top of the Candidate Profiler page.

We thank you for your interest in Bombardier.

Best regards,

Human Resource Department

Bombardier

Blizzard24
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
If Boeing keeps writing these charge offs due to the delay of their jet liners, you may want to consider it. LOL

Quadevil
10-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by TNT
I was just over there on the website and our very own “Quadevil” keeps us in check BELIEVE ME! LOL!

Opsss somebody called me? I'm around :D

brink400
10-14-2009, 07:15 AM
I knew it...Chad goes can am and looky who wants one now. jk I know youve been pondering one for a good long while. But then again im in the ds450 forum reading a post about whether or not they fixed the bugs in them...so that should tell you something.

LTRracer4
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks TNT sounds like you are the man to talk to when it comes to racing the cans at a high level.

Brink you only ride dirtbikes now. no sense in getting a new quad. although half of Titan may be making the switch...

Quadevil
10-17-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
Its between this and a KTM. The racer support for the DS is too good to pass up. And i have a can-am dealor close by

KTM's ATV Product Manager Chris Vogtman said:
“To racers who are interested in KTM’s racer support program and contingency for the 2010 season stay tuned. KTM will be making a big announcement that proves just how dedicated we are to ATV racing and our ‘Ready to Race’ ATV product in the very near future.”

Sorry to put this here but he was referring to the KTM also.

Chose what's best for you man ;)

TNT
10-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Quadevil
KTM's ATV Product Manager Chris Vogtman said:
“To racers who are interested in KTM’s racer support program and contingency for the 2010 season stay tuned. KTM will be making a big announcement that proves just how dedicated we are to ATV racing and our ‘Ready to Race’ ATV product in the very near future.”

Sorry to put this here but he was referring to the KTM also.

No prob! We should actually thank Can-am for getting this ball rolling. This is good news for the industry, I hope it drives ALOT more racer support programs and they all fight for us.... Wouldn't that be nice instead of the other way around like it's always been :D