PDA

View Full Version : Kibblewhite valves

bodfper
10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
If i am going to go with a 86mm 11:1 piston with a stg 2 hotcam what will kibblewhite +1mm valves with hd springs do for me? Is it worth the 170 dollars? Is this something you can put in yourself or do you have somebody do it? How do you install them? Is this going to cause problems in the future because Im looking for nothing but reliability.

Also if i dont end up doing this is there something i need to adjust or do with the valves or springs during my rebuild?

TRXRacer1
10-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bodfper
If i am going to go with a 86mm 11:1 piston with a stg 2 hotcam what will kibblewhite +1mm valves with hd springs do for me? Is it worth the 170 dollars? Is this something you can put in yourself or do you have somebody do it? How do you install them? Is this going to cause problems in the future because Im looking for nothing but reliability.

Also if i dont end up doing this is there something i need to adjust or do with the valves or springs during my rebuild? It's going to cost a bit more then 170. You have to make room for the +1 valves. Machine shop time. Totally not worth it for what you're building.

bodfper
10-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Is there anything i should do during my rebuild to my valves or valve springs? Would HD valve springs do me any good with stock valves?

TRXRacer1
10-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by bodfper
Is there anything i should do during my rebuild to my valves or valve springs? Would HD valve springs do me any good with stock valves? HD springs with a stg2 or even a 3 isn't going to gain you anything noticable. Hotcams are pretty mild as far as cams go. Check your intake valves for excessive wear and maybe change the seals.

honda400ex2003
10-13-2009, 03:57 PM
you could give them a good valve lap too to make them seal better if they look dirty and pitted up around the outsides of the ports if you take them out to do the valve seals. just my .02 though.

hypersnyper6947
10-14-2009, 12:33 AM
If it was me i would do it. I would skip the +1 but just get them stock size. You may as well upgrade because if you drop a valve like i did bye bye to your motor. I mean it worked out because i ended up with a better motor by buying zrpilots but it would have saved me about a grand. Cheap insurance like HD studs.

RoadRage77
10-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I did the plus 1 mm valves in my bike, I cant say I notice a big difference with all the money I spent. And after talking to TC the engine builder he says keep em stock size on the 400ex.. Wish I would've talked to him first. Oh well, the other shop did a goodjob, but it was money spent that I could've saved.