PDA

View Full Version : tie rod ends stuck on a-arm

dirtdawg
10-12-2009, 08:25 PM
Today i was riding and had a major problem. I made a sharp turn going like 2 mph and my clutch side tire got stuck turned out to the left. I tried turning it back but the bars were stuck. My friend had to jump up and down on the front bumper so i could try and get the tie-rod end bolt unstuck from the rail of the a-arm. I guess it just scraped over the arm and got stuck. I put the thing away afterward cuz i didn't know if it was gonna happen again. I just bought 05 300ex tie rods and new ends. The tie-rod with the problem was bent a little. I noticed the jam nut was loosened, but I don't know why. I can't adjust my tie-rods because the threads are frozen and i cannot crack the jam nuts. I also have free-play in the handle bars before it actually turns and the thing turns better to one side. It is tough to turn cuz i can't toe it in.

dirtdawg
10-12-2009, 08:28 PM
I put the washers in between the steering stem clamp and lubed it up with marine grease, but that didn't help much. I think if I toed it in it would be much easier to turn. The new ends will probably help too. I paid $78 shipped on ebay for everything i needed. I just want it to be easy to turn for once!

stuntin andy
10-13-2009, 08:01 AM
my buddys dose that some times all you have to do is step on the front and turn the bars and it gos back 2 normal

Grimzella
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
i had this happen before. i hit a tree stump with my front tire ,, locked it up. i lifted the front end high.. like a wheelie, and slammed it down hard.. BAM.. snapped back in place.