PDA

View Full Version : HD Dune video of Winchester Bay Oregon!

Spartan Racing
10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
This is the second HD video made by the Spartan Racing crew as part of their Apocalypse video series. This video features a full song length well edited video that takes place on the famous Winchester Bay, Oregon sand dunes. This Spartan Racing team and their video series has recently acquired a sponsorship from the Discovery Point Resort and has all legal rights to the music they use via a partnership with DBM Records (dirtbagmusic.com). These riders truly enjoy the sport of off road recreational dune riding and they hope to share their experiences with all riders and non riders alike. Hope that you enjoy the video and any feedback would be most beneficial!

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu_uD5D_ZeA

mcboomport
10-13-2009, 04:03 PM
The riding looked really fun! The filming was excellent, the editing was also awesome in parts,
but i got a headache from the "over" editing. Most of the clips were way to fast. I actually couldnt finish the last minute or so of it.

I also think I saw some of the same clips 10 times...
I also couldnt stand seeing people in the air and not landing it, just seeing someone traveling through the air isnt that cool. It was too busy for really not showing anything too insane.

Man, I really wasn't trying to dog on it to bad either, but, you asked for an opinion.

coryatver
10-13-2009, 04:49 PM
To much editing! The video looks good I would like to see it without getting seizure though lol

Spartan Racing
10-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by mcboomport
The riding looked really fun! The filming was excellent, the editing was also awesome in parts,
but i got a headache from the "over" editing. Most of the clips were way to fast. I actually couldnt finish the last minute or so of it.

I also think I saw some of the same clips 10 times...
I also couldnt stand seeing people in the air and not landing it, just seeing someone traveling through the air isnt that cool. It was too busy for really not showing anything too insane.

Man, I really wasn't trying to dog on it to bad either, but, you asked for an opinion.

Thank you for your opinion.. I agree with you on alot of your suggestions, i couldn't really do to much else with the beat of the song we had(also laptop spakers dont reveal the low bass beats). I usually like a slower paced video as well myself, this one was kind of an experiment. The next video is going to be alot slower paced. If you have time check out our first video, it is much slower paced, let me know what you think. link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0uyH8vB1Q .Thank you for your suggestions!

dariusld
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow, I thought I was going to be the only one to rag on this video. It was like a trailer for a video. They give you 2 second clips so that you want to go out and buy the video, so you can see the rest.

mcboomport
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Alright! That other video is awesome! It captures how fun the oregon dunes really are! The editing was not confusing, and when you did some quick editing to the song, it made sense. (like at the opening credits, that works perfect to tease you into whats to come) There were some other times that it worked well also. It also didn't seem to show the same clips over and over again.

GREAT JOB!

I will stay say... always show the landing, there was only a few times it wasnt shown on that vid...
I've been watching bmx, skate, and snowboard vids for over 15 years, so sorry if I was hard on the latest one..

Spartan Racing
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by mcboomport

I will stay say... always show the landing, there was only a few times it wasnt shown on that vid...
I've been watching bmx, skate, and snowboard vids for over 15 years, so sorry if I was hard on the latest one..

Thank you very Much! I appreciate you watching the other video, and thank you for being so honest, cause after all the videos are made for you (the viewers) and we want the videos to be what you want! All of your suggestions have been very helpful! We had a video of our St. Anthony footage that was perfect, but when it was done DBM records didnt have the rights to the song so i couldnt post it, you would have loved it! showed the landings and a great song, but oh well. I have enough footage for two more videos so hopefully I will get em done soon! We just got a new sponsor rescently: Oregon Powder Coat, and we are getting our quads powder coated, so for the next year and our trip to Glamis we will have a new look! Thank you again we really appreciate the input!

tayyo789
10-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Spartan, I pm'd you