PDA

View Full Version : Our Season ends in tradgedy

RapKor
10-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Ran our final race of the season yesterday, boys both won thier classes at our local track Nate ( 90 Mod class) won the track championship winning 7 of 8 series races! Brandon (200-300 air cooled class) won 4 races and the series championship by 9 points. It was a very successful season for us however the wins really lost thier luster tonight when I recieved a call from the track manager informing me that a 15 yr old boy was killed yesterday during the last race of the day, thank god my boys and I had left the track and did not see the wreck!

Teen killed in Moira ATV accident

By CASEY RYAN VOCK
Contributing Writer

MOIRA — A 15-year-old boy from North Lawrence was killed Sunday in an ATV accident during a race at a Moira motocross track.

Kyle J. Cootware, a 10th grade student at St. Lawrence Central School, suffered critical injuries Sunday afternoon when he attempted to make a “table-top style jump” and lost control of his four-wheeled all-terrain vehicle during a 4-stroke ATV race at Martin’s Motocross Park, located on Route 17, according to a State Police press release.

Cootware was transported by ambulance to Alice Hyde Medical Center in Malone at about 2:38 p.m. and was later airlifted to Fletcher Allen Healthcare in Burlington, Vt., where he died from his injuries.

State Police could provide no further details Monday night.

Attempts to contact the owner of the motocross park Monday were unsuccessful. According to the schedule on the park’s web site, Sunday’s race was the last of the season.

St. Lawrence Central School will be providing grief counseling for students beginning Wednesday.

I am so sorry for this boys family, thinking about selling the machines!

Would like to post this as a tribute to Kyle J Cootware. Gods speed Kyle!

sldhd700
10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss! We lost a fantastic young boy here in Utah this summer. Logan Emmerson #81. He raced dirt bikes but, he was a friend of my sons. These type of things are very hard to accept and can be a very good reminder to our kids that they aren t invincible. Shayden was ready to quit racing and I was ready to support him. Scary thing to look into your sons eyes on the line and know you may never speak again. Ride and be safe kids!!

Paul H. Housley

tntauto1127
10-15-2009, 07:40 AM
any details on how this happened and what injury caused this? did he have a leatt on? Just curious

RapKor
10-15-2009, 09:47 AM
The young man was riding a 450 and got sprung off a table top, the rear of the machine was way too kigh and he landed nose first falling off the bike, I was told that he appeared ok but that the emt's on scene feared he may have broken a collarbone so he was transported to the local hospital where he was found to have some serious head trama, he was emergency air lifted to a hospital better equiped to deal with his injuries but did not survive the air lift.

tntauto1127
10-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Appreciate the info.

vindell
10-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Heart breaking tale. Tough thing to think about, especially when the little one ask when were going ridin again. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Family who has lost a loved one. God Bless, Vince

mudder700
10-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I talked to a friend who said he had the wheeler go over top of him and it broke his neck and back and internal injuries,sad news,we stopped racing because of an accident this year,son has no desire to continue at this point and I support his decision...

coffing918
10-16-2009, 07:35 PM
does anyone know if he was wearing a neck brace,, just curious, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

mudder700
10-16-2009, 08:14 PM
I do not know if he was or not, I do believe that it was not his broken neck that claimed his life,it was his internal injuries,that is what I have been told, could be wrong as stories change with each time it is told....

hotquads1
10-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Our prayers and thoughts go out to the family.

JAG Motosports
10-22-2009, 08:41 PM
This is so sad. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

10-22-2009, 08:45 PM
God Bless the family. Your right Jag that is very sad. The whole Cheeseman family, have you in our prayers. So Sorry!!