PDA

View Full Version : Honda new model info?

CHAR250R
10-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I haven't heard anything yet. When will Honda release some new model news? It should be soon, correct? :confused:

hondariderdylan
10-12-2009, 06:03 PM
not for 2010, there are a few continuations labeled as 10's but the rest of the line up hasnt sold well in the past year due to the economy

dealers have overstock that his very slow moving so they are holding off production for the year so that this excess stock can be gotton out of the way for the 2011 model year:devil:

cosinostra
10-12-2009, 06:06 PM
They'll probably just change the stickers again and call em 2010's......

CHAR250R
10-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by cosinostra
They'll probably just change the stickers again and call em 2010's......

The old "bold new graphics" trick. One of Honda's favorite moves. :rolleyes:

Tommy 17
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
not for 2010, there are a few continuations labeled as 10's but the rest of the line up hasnt sold well in the past year due to the economy

dealers have overstock that his very slow moving so they are holding off production for the year so that this excess stock can be gotton out of the way for the 2011 model year:devil:

That only applies to certain models. Trust me on that...

For example we released a 2010 crf250 and a 2010 vfr1200... We'll see whats next:confused:

hondariderdylan
10-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
That only applies to certain models. Trust me on that...

For example we released a 2010 crf250 and a 2010 vfr1200... We'll see whats next:confused:

i was refering strictly to quads
i do like alot of the bikes,etc. that they have for 10'

XCRacer236
10-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Use the Search Button. I posted a video from Honda that said the only 2010 ATV's will the a couple of the UTE's. And scooters.

300racer
10-13-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
Use the Search Button. I posted a video from Honda that said the only 2010 ATV's will the a couple of the UTE's. And scooters.
can't wait to see what the scooters look like! :rolleyes:

XCRacer236
10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 300racer
can't wait to see what the scooters look like! :rolleyes:

:devil:

10-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I love how ever year the Honda guys keep talking about a new and improved 450r, and it never happens.

People were hoping for a 2008 with EFI.. sayings its gonna come out. BAM! bold new graphics..
2009, Honda for sure was going to update the 450r with a bunch of stuff. BAM! bold new graphics lol.

2010, the one everyone was SO sure of, BAM! same as the 09.

lmao

XCRacer236
10-13-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
I love how ever year the Honda guys keep talking about a new and improved 450r, and it never happens.

People were hoping for a 2008 with EFI.. sayings its gonna come out. BAM! bold new graphics..
2009, Honda for sure was going to update the 450r with a bunch of stuff. BAM! bold new graphics lol.

2010, the one everyone was SO sure of, BAM! same as the 09.

lmao

2010... didnt even get "bold new graphics" they got a "bold new frame sticker" that says "2010"

i love it!

pure epicness! ill stick to my Yammi!

coryatver
10-13-2009, 04:33 PM
There is no 2010 model of any kind of the 450r. No 2010 sticker or graphics. Like it has been said earlier in the post they have a large inventory of 09s left that they are selling. Suzuki also isn't coming out with a 2010 model, or KTM. Yamaha has cut back production numbers extremely.

Can am they hardly made any 09s as last year they were dumping there 08s just look at how they had the huge incentives with the race supports and promotions for the 08s trying to get rid there over stock on those so they have already done this process. KTM practically was giving away 08s along with 2,000 in parts free head work from baldwin and so on and they also are not making the 450/525 xc models for 2010.

i donno what honda fans you were talking to but my ridding buddies all agree efi sucks and have been hoping they don't put it on. The 450r as it is is a solid bike they don't have to fix all there mess ups like other manufactures do every year because they get it right the first time.

Just look at the new yamaha the thing is horrible for xc racing the frame front end is messed up and makes it handle like crap and the efi sucks for dead engine starts its so horrible everyone is still buying the old yfz. The can am is a joke any that I have seen at races can't even finish one lap without breaking down.

Sure there are some things that could be changed on the 450r for some riders depending on what you are going to use it for but they are easily fixed and them changing it would probley mean an increase in price the 450r is the best priced 450 there is.

All the latest 450's have aluminum frames which are all fine for trail riding but racing is another story break one of them and aluminum is a pain to repair and yes they do break! 450rs you just weld them right up in the pits at the track and your good to go.

The so called latest and greatest technology and improvements that other manufactures have don't impress me. The flashy hype isn't going to get me to the finish line or back to the truck at the end of the day. The only thing I wish the 450r had is the chromoly alloy frame like the ktm has.

quad2xtreme
10-13-2009, 05:42 PM
x2. I don't wish for efi or an aluminum frame on the Honda.

I don't hate on the others for making changes and doing aluminum or EFI. Glad they aren't all the same so buyers can pick what they like the most. Why do they all have to be the same? Lots of people prefer the simplicity of the Honda.

10-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
There is no 2010 model of any kind of the 450r. No 2010 sticker or graphics. Like it has been said earlier in the post they have a large inventory of 09s left that they are selling. Suzuki also isn't coming out with a 2010 model, or KTM. Yamaha has cut back production numbers extremely.

Can am they hardly made any 09s as last year they were dumping there 08s just look at how they had the huge incentives with the race supports and promotions for the 08s trying to get rid there over stock on those so they have already done this process. KTM practically was giving away 08s along with 2,000 in parts free head work from baldwin and so on and they also are not making the 450/525 xc models for 2010.

i donno what honda fans you were talking to but my ridding buddies all agree efi sucks and have been hoping they don't put it on. The 450r as it is is a solid bike they don't have to fix all there mess ups like other manufactures do every year because they get it right the first time.

Just look at the new yamaha the thing is horrible for xc racing the frame front end is messed up and makes it handle like crap and the efi sucks for dead engine starts its so horrible everyone is still buying the old yfz. The can am is a joke any that I have seen at races can't even finish one lap without breaking down.

Sure there are some things that could be changed on the 450r for some riders depending on what you are going to use it for but they are easily fixed and them changing it would probley mean an increase in price the 450r is the best priced 450 there is.

All the latest 450's have aluminum frames which are all fine for trail riding but racing is another story break one of them and aluminum is a pain to repair and yes they do break! 450rs you just weld them right up in the pits at the track and your good to go.

The so called latest and greatest technology and improvements that other manufactures have don't impress me. The flashy hype isn't going to get me to the finish line or back to the truck at the end of the day. The only thing I wish the 450r had is the chromoly alloy frame like the ktm has.

Now there's no reason to go bashing the other brands. I never said Honda was bad they just never update.

As far as im concerned, even over the new models of every brand, the Yamaha standard YFZ is still the best bang for your buck. It still stacks up against all the new fuel injected 450's and is proven just as reliable and an overall better bike then the 450r. And don't go spilling your Honda babble how it's the most reliable thing in the world and better then the others. Let's face the facts here.
Oh and I don't see Josh Creamer cracking frames very easily??

It's a shame they ended the Standard yamaha..

And I would like to know where you get your info on the new YFZ-R's? Yeah, they suck in trails. Because it's their MX MODEL. lmao:p And that it does well. Yamaha did a nice job making the new one. I still wouldn't compare it to a 450SX, but it's a nice overall.

For TRAILS... Yamaha just came out with the YFZ450X. Generally the same as the R but narrowed/set up for XC riding.

The point in the matter here, is Honda is outdated. Almost all the brands have done something, or is more modern. FI isn't such a bad thing, I don't think it makes or breaks a quad though.

They're all good these days. It's a matter of picking a color and feel.

dan harris
10-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Did I just read that the Honda is out dated??????

Give me a break - Honda is so far ahead in reliability and performance that they could build the same machine for the next 10 years and it would still be the most competitive reliable machine for the amateur racer. The same way the 250 R ruled for two decades !!!!

extremeblastr
10-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Now there's no reason to go bashing the other brands. I never said Honda was bad they just never update.

As far as im concerned, even over the new models of every brand, the Yamaha standard YFZ is still the best bang for your buck. It still stacks up against all the new fuel injected 450's and is proven just as reliable and an overall better bike then the 450r. And don't go spilling your Honda babble how it's the most reliable thing in the world and better then the others. Let's face the facts here.
Oh and I don't see Josh Creamer cracking frames very easily??

It's a shame they ended the Standard yamaha..

And I would like to know where you get your info on the new YFZ-R's? Yeah, they suck in trails. Because it's their MX MODEL. lmao:p And that it does well. Yamaha did a nice job making the new one. I still wouldn't compare it to a 450SX, but it's a nice overall.

For TRAILS... Yamaha just came out with the YFZ450X. Generally the same as the R but narrowed/set up for XC riding.

The point in the matter here, is Honda is outdated. Almost all the brands have done something, or is more modern. FI isn't such a bad thing, I don't think it makes or breaks a quad though.

They're all good these days. It's a matter of picking a color and feel.

you really need to do some research, it is a proven fact that the upper a-arm location on the yfzr is an issue just go check out the steering and suspension and read up on it. the honda is not outdated it just hasn't changed so everybody sees the other companies making all these "improvements" and feels like honda is falling behind when in truth they are still just as competitive as ever. oh and as for creamer cracking frames i'm sure hes done it and the point was not that it happens alot with aluminum frames it was that an aluminum frame is not as easy to fix when it cracks.

10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by dan harris

Give me a break - Honda is so far ahead in reliability and performance that they could build the same machine for the next 10 years and it would still be the most competitive reliable machine for the amateur racer. The same way the 250 R ruled for two decades !!!!

i'm going to have to agree on this. Maybe not far ahead but really they have a solid platform. Sure their ER's have some electrical issues. IMO they should update a good bit to get further ahead and top the charts. The multi model of the same platform is the future. Although it was pretty much started with Cannondale they had several models for all racing types many years ago.

TCracin440ex
10-14-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
IMO they should update a good bit to get further ahead and top the charts

which charts are you talking about? dirtwheels comparisons? because as ive seen time and time again honda has been putting its riders on the top with the same old outdated carburator set up and steel tube frame.

far as the yamaha yfz-r i dont think it has been arround long enough yet for its flaws to show its face. i know i was browsing the yfz forum a lil while ago and man there is yfzr pics on that page with the frame completely broke. its crazy how that frame broke like it did. even the steel engine cratle broke. so the yamaha cant be but so perfect.

TWISTED
10-14-2009, 03:01 PM
None of them are perfect..... Each one has it's pros and cons..... I have a Honda that I absolutely love, but if I was gonna buy something new, I'd buy a KTM.... Nothing against my Honda, but the KTM would be perfect for me right out of the box.....

outacontrol
10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

Dan isnt your 450 down for the count again? :devil: not bashing honda, but my buddy damiens 08 honda with about 10 hrs on it, cracked the frame in two places. Also I know Jon Kellys quad frame has been cracked many times, to the point he wanted to sell the quad and get a bike. Just funny how the die hard honda guys dont bring that up.. not bashing just saying, they all have their flaws lets face it.....
I agree with Twisted, i think Ktm has a nice quad.

GE4x4
10-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I race XC with many Honda 450R riders. Most have had frame cracks and re-welds, some have gone through a couple trannies, and many hate the elec start ones. Yet they still sware up and down on how reliable they are. None what so ever bad mouthed there Honda. Now I raced my Outlaw all season and had no issue's, but another Polaris guy got some ware in his ball joints, and he's bad mouthing the quad. Is this a mind set?? Cracked frames, bad tranny, yet no bad thing to say, yet a Polaris guy slams his quad over a small ball joint. Are Honda guys that blindly loyal?:confused:

coryatver
10-14-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
None of them are perfect..... Each one has it's pros and cons..... I have a Honda that I absolutely love, but if I was gonna buy something new, I'd buy a KTM.... Nothing against my Honda, but the KTM would be perfect for me right out of the box.....

same here. Only problem with ktm is getting parts they are always on back order some guys I know racing them had to go back to the yfz/honda becuase they couldn't get parts to fix them between races also the cost of the parts is expensive compared to other brands. As for polaris just look at there GNCC results also notman raced a lot of awrcs races he never even finished a race for around 10 races straight without breaking.

BLU82
10-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
. Are Honda guys that blindly loyal?:confused:
That's the problem. Were all that way. You'll argue for whatever you happen to ride. I've always ridden Kawi's. Guess what I think is the best lol

XCRacer236
10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
My buddies 06 Honda has gone through a couple trannies. And my team manager who has been building motors for 20+ years has rebuilt more Honda 450 motors then he can count. And can remember how many Yamaha's. The 06+ Honda's have bum front ends just as the YFZR's.

GE4x4
10-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
same here. Only problem with ktm is getting parts they are always on back order some guys I know racing them had to go back to the yfz/honda becuase they couldn't get parts to fix them between races also the cost of the parts is expensive compared to other brands. As for polaris just look at there GNCC results also notman raced a lot of awrcs races he never even finished a race for around 10 races straight without breaking.

I know Notman has had a bad year, but I've read most of the race reports and most are engine related. That engine is the same as KTM, so it sounds he is just not having luck with his 450. Nothing as far as chassie or any other Polaris item I've seen or read has gone wrong. Plus look at Wilson's team. Way less backing yet there doing awesome and way ahead of Notman. Gallager has had another fine year on one, and Yokley has done what I think most people would expect.

extremeblastr
10-14-2009, 05:58 PM
the polaris is an awesome bike the motor just doesn't seem to hold together to well with anything more then a mild build hence why a lot of backed riders are having a lot of issues with reliability, they're trying to get as much power as possible out of them and the motor can't handle it. my stock bike has close to 50 hours on it now and between now and the mx season as far as motor goes its only getting a very mild upgrade, very torquey motor stock anyways.

quad2xtreme
10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
I think Honda is comfortable from a business standpoint both with their product offering as well as the marketing strategy. Who are we to assume we understand product development, production costs, parts supply, maintenance and repair costs, and marketing better than the very experienced people at Honda? You might think it is a mistake that they haven't gone to "newer and better" technologies but they don't seem too concerned about it. The minute they do change, there are that many more parts they need in the supply chain and all the techs will need more training, etc. It all adds up. I am guessing your measurement of "best product" might be a bit different than Honda's. If I remember correctly, the Cannondale was the most advanced quad to hit the track. Seems like they should still be around by the logic on this thread and every other manufacturer should be gone by now. What went wrong? If you feel Honda is behind then buy something else. There are many out there who appreciate how easy it is to pick up good parts for cheap because so many parts interchange from a 2004 - 2010 model. I think Honda will make the change when they feel the current product isn't making as much profit because the others have passed it by.

For the record, I rode my quad almost every weekend for 2.5 years before I broke the frame in 6 places before having it gusseted. IMO, the frame was completely fatigued and I should have just replaced the frame then. That was my mistake. If I had it to do over, I would have had Pappy gusset it after the first season. I wouldn't even say the Honda has a frame issue per se. If Honda does, then they all do.

10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
GRENADE! GET OUT OF THERE!

Dave400ex
10-14-2009, 08:56 PM
My buddies 06 Honda has gone through a couple trannies. And my team manager who has been building motors for 20+ years has rebuilt more Honda 450 motors then he can count. And can remember how many Yamaha's. The 06+ Honda's have bum front ends just as the YFZR's.

There are things that can be done that pretty much get rid of the tranny issues. I know of several 06+ Honda's out there with no issues. As far as rebuilding motors, brand really has nothing to do with that. How it was taken care of and ridden are very important factors. The person that built it can also make a difference. I've had an 06, 07, and 08 450R and not a single issue except for the electric start 06.

As for the front ends the nice thing with the Honda's is how easy the fix is compared to the YFZR and the fact that the pro's can run the 05 spindles/hubs where on the YFZR they can't run the bracket and have to use the Tric Trac which wears out very fast.

dan harris
10-15-2009, 04:17 AM
.......So then we all agree - Honda is the way to go !!!!

10-15-2009, 04:41 AM
YAMAHA!!! lol.

I think the point we're all missing here, even I, is that no matter what you ride you'll defend it. And even if that quad is good, people who only have little experience with it will say otherwise.

For example,

Everyone claims the blaster's and banshee's are unreliable pieces of junk. I highly beg to differ, and think it must have been a bunch of jackasses that owned it. Mine went for a couple years, with me doing NO maintaince to it, AND running a hair lean, and never ONCE did it let me down. Always fired right up and would run trouble free all day. Even the oil injector system still worked.

The banshee, we have two of them. One's been around for a long time now and the other I rode for about a season. (All summer) Neither one gave us an ounce of problems. They fire right up, rarely foul plugs, and give us no problems.

I love almost all the quads out these days. No longer are the days of old, air-cooled, heavy, crappy suspension. All the 450's seem to handle pretty damn good with their own little unique features and all of them have pretty good power. I honestly believe it's about picking a color and what feels best ergonomically for you.

XCRacer236
10-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
There are things that can be done that pretty much get rid of the tranny issues. I know of several 06+ Honda's out there with no issues. As far as rebuilding motors, brand really has nothing to do with that. How it was taken care of and ridden are very important factors. The person that built it can also make a difference. I've had an 06, 07, and 08 450R and not a single issue except for the electric start 06.

As for the front ends the nice thing with the Honda's is how easy the fix is compared to the YFZR and the fact that the pro's can run the 05 spindles/hubs where on the YFZR they can't run the bracket and have to use the Tric Trac which wears out very fast.

Shouldn't have to split the cases in a brand new motor just so it will not break. That is the last thing I would want to do to my new quad.

The only people I have seen running the Tric-Trac are the pro's. And they DO NOT care how fast it wears out. They get a new set every race.

outacontrol
10-15-2009, 05:19 AM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme

For the record, I rode my quad almost every weekend for 2.5 years before I broke the frame in 6 places before having it gusseted. IMO, the frame was completely fatigued and I should have just replaced the frame then. That was my mistake. If I had it to do over, I would have had Pappy gusset it after the first season. I wouldn't even say the Honda has a frame issue per se. If Honda does, then they all do.

so what your saying is that EVERY quad that is 2007 or older has a fatiqued frame and should be replaced? I worked at a Honda/ Suzuki dealer for a few yrs, and got to meet some pro/am guys. Brian King and Tom Barry both at the time rode hondas, and both quads under the gas tank looked like a scrap yard from all the rewelds and gussets, and it would still crack. these were both top of the line brand new hondas with meticulous care taken on both of them. As i stated before, i understand fatique, but my good friend bought a new 08 honda, rode it two days at breezewood, and cracked the frame in two places, right under the gas tank. I know Suzukis crack, yamis, kawis etc, but just admit honda is no better than the others in this dept, instead of defending them on yrs of your abuse. the abuse we put on our quads "play riding" is nothing compared to what upperman, gust etc do on a weekend.

coryatver
10-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by outacontrol As i stated before, i understand fatique, but my good friend bought a new 08 honda, rode it two days at breezewood, and cracked the frame in two places, right under the gas tank. I know Suzukis crack, yamis, kawis etc, but just admit honda is no better than the others in this dept, instead of defending them on yrs of your abuse. the abuse we put on our quads "play riding" is nothing compared to what upperman, gust etc do on a weekend. [/B]

yes the honda will crack frames its not made of super man blitanium its metal it fatigues and will crack under abuse.

The difference with the honda though is you can weld and repair it very easy unlike the aluminum bikes. I do wish the honda had a chromely metal frame like the ktm!

quad2xtreme
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I don't think frame fatigue is based on time as much as use. I wouldn't think a frame sitting in a garage is getting weaker unless it is rusting from the inside out.

I provided more detailed info about my situation because I don't think it is fair to reference my situation in with those who truly had frame issues. My point was my frame held together 2.5 years of year round riding before it split and cracked and that I wouldn't expect anything more (and that I wouldn't opt for gussets again on a frame that had 3 splits, 3 cracks, and 2.5 years of abuse before seeing its first gusset.)

I am willing to participate in a scientific study though. Each manufacturer could give me a quad and I promise to ride each of them equally for 3 years and report all findings. :devil:

quad2xtreme
10-15-2009, 12:23 PM
I really thought the thread was more about whether Honda was going to offer "new enhancements". Some seem to believe aluminum frames and EFI are better...I would just say they are the latest trend. I don't think there is any real evidence to support the statement that Honda is behind the times.

I don't think EFI has shown to have an advantage over carbs except in cold weather environments or in rapidly changing altitude scenarios.

I don't think aluminum frames have shown any advantage over steel frames.

I don't think there is some new frame geometry that blows Honda's away.

I don't think there is a powerplant that blows Honda away.

Trust me, I am not dumb enough to spend my time on the net trying to convince everyone that Honda is better than what they have. Equally though, you can't say Honda is worse simply because they lack EFI.

10-15-2009, 01:32 PM
My banshee is 20 years old and not a single crack on the frame :ermm: I ride fairly aggressively too.

Dale512
10-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Yea I grew up with Brian King and live right down the road from Tommy Barry. They beat the crap out of their bikes. They weren't exactly your typical riders though.

Dave400ex
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Shouldn't have to split the cases in a brand new motor just so it will not break. That is the last thing I would want to do to my new quad.

The only people I have seen running the Tric-Trac are the pro's. And they DO NOT care how fast it wears out. They get a new set every race.

You shouldn't have to get a bracket that moves the rear of the upper a-arms up either, but you do. People take what they read on here and assume everyone has problems. There are thousands upon thousands of 450R's out there without a single transmission problem or frame problem. You do not "have to" have the tranny mod done, most will never have an issue with it. As far as splitting the cases, most have the mod done when doing a rebuild.

I said the pro's are running the tric trac, but because they have to. Pro and Pro-Am cannot use the bracket. They do care how fast it wears out, they have been working on a way to seal it up better and they have been getting more then one race out of them depending on conditions.

3ddds400ex
10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Ive only had my 400ex for 9mo. Its a blast!! I live near Glamis and some of these sand bowl's freak me out. Ive already did my SUPERMAN!!! I did NOT land right and flew off the 400. Hay, the frame didnt crack. I just need to learn how to jump and go up hills. :confused: